Kharma/Contest: PS Audio Statement PC

2»

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,446
    edited December 2007
    The answer to my question has been answered, it has the removable ground pin.

"Different power cords make my gear sound differently"

The CJ.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• sda2mike
    sda2mike Posts: 3,131
    edited December 2007
    "different power cords make my gear sound differently"

CJ is the winnah!

great karma! Thanks!
  • nebborjk
    nebborjk Posts: 425
    edited December 2007
    Cool karma.

Krell will come out on top.

I hope to find out if "Different power cords make my gear sound differently".

Thanks,
    Kevin
    Proud SOPA Member since 2005!
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited December 2007
    I'm gonna say the CJ
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited December 2007
    Well the head to head shoot out has begun. Now mind you, this is using my NAD T773 avr for the time being until I get the Krell KAV 250a amp back next Sat.

Two distinct sounds, both very enjoyable. This might just be a tough call. But once the Krell amp is thrown into the mix I expect things to take on a new twist.

Keep guessing, hell I'm not even sure!!! LOL!!!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    But once the Krell amp is thrown into the mix I expect things to take on a new twist.

New twist my ****!, it is going to make things sound COMPLETELY different. Then you'll truely be involved in a shootout!!!!
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited December 2007
    "Different power cords make my gear sound differently" and hopefully better.

Krell via XLR

Cool,
    Another Sean
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • pearsall001
    edited December 2007
    Sorry folks, but I won't be getting the amp back until around the new year. The damage was a bit excessive. Parts had to be ordered directly from Krell & with the time for repairs it's just taking a bit longer than I had hoped for.

The CJ/Krell head to head shoot out to sellle the winner of the karma will be back on very shortly!! Again, sorry about the delay.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited December 2007
    Cool karma.

Different power cords make my gear sound differently.

I'm thinking CJ, but it's a close one.
  • pearsall001
    edited January 2008
    As I was responding to a PM sent to me by Phil (Pearsall001) an idea came to my head. I was going to offer the power cord as a Karma sometime around Christmas but have decided to offer it linked to a contest.

Requirements:

100 posts

The statement: "Different power cords make my gear sound differently" must be included

You must correctly predict Phil's preference in his upcoming preamp shootout (CJ vs. Krell) in order to qualify (so Phil you better get that amp fixed soon or this could drag out:)). One post per person of course.

The winner will be determined by drawing a post number out of a hat (or something else if I can't find a hat:)). If everything is correct you will be sent the PC. If you do not like the PC I ask that you offer a Karma and pass it along to a fellow Polker.

Phil, just before you give us your review, I ask that you post your preference in this thread, which will then close the contest.

Thanks,
    Mike

The CJ/Krell preamp shoot out is back on. I'm picking up my Krell KAV 250a this Friday. Stephen says it's better than new. Guess away!!!
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited January 2008
    I'm already in, and I still say the CJ is the champ!
    Carl

• beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited January 2008
    I am also in, and I think the CJ is the winner here, but he seems so excited about the "new" Krell, that I think he may have already decided the fate of the contest !!!

we shall see....we shall see !!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited January 2008
    I swore I already did this...but I'm in, and different power cords make my gear sound differently. I think the CJ will win!
  • pearsall001
    edited January 2008
    The Krell KAV 250a amp is back in my system & sounding oh so nice. Now the Krell/CJ preamp shoot out has begun. Keep guessing fellows! I'm liking 'em both!!
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited January 2008
    The Krell KAV 250a amp is back in my system & sounding oh so nice. Now the Krell/CJ preamp shoot out has begun. Keep guessing fellows! I'm liking 'em both!!

Aw, c'mon. Stop teasin'. When are you gonna announce a winner?
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • pearsall001
    edited January 2008
    Yo Early, it's only been a couple hours. Patience grasshopper...patience!!! :D
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2008
    Can I get another vote in for the Krell?

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Midnite Mick
    Midnite Mick Posts: 1,591
    edited January 2008
    Early B. wrote: »
    Aw, c'mon. Stop teasin'. When are you gonna announce a winner?

Yeah, I need something good to happen to me!
    Modwright SWL 9.0 SE (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Consonance cd120T
    Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Usher CP 6311

Phillips Pronto TS1000 Universal Remote
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited January 2008
    Yo Early, it's only been a couple hours. Patience grasshopper...patience!!! :D

Well then, get off the forum and do some more listening, dammit. I got a power cord to win.

;)
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited January 2008
    and the winner is...

CJ

and Beardog !!

Thanks for playing !!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • pearsall001
    edited January 2008
    Early B. wrote: »
    Well then, get off the forum and do some more listening, dammit. I got a power cord to win.

;)

Okeedokie!!!! :)
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2008
    Are we done yet?

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Midnite Mick
    Midnite Mick Posts: 1,591
    edited January 2008
    Phil has requested more time in his decision so we have decided to call it a draw between the 2 preamps. I will now conduct the draw for the PC!

Mike
    Modwright SWL 9.0 SE (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Consonance cd120T
    Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Usher CP 6311

Phillips Pronto TS1000 Universal Remote