Worst actor/ress on TV

Willow
Willow Posts: 10,994
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
Although I enjoy CSI all of them, I would have to say I hate David Caruso. He talks with his head tilted all the time, he wears thos sunglasses all them time and his stupid little intros right after the murder....what a dork.
Post edited by Willow on

Comments

• PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited December 2007
    I think he's more suited to a daytime soap opera, but I feel that might be insulting to them. He's even too much of an overactor for that. It's either really painful or really funny to watch him "act".
  • edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited December 2007
    My wife would agree with you 100%. We actually have a game where we try to guess the absurdly cheesy comment that he always issues at the beginning of the show. While I agree that he is pretty bad, if he weren't on it would it be as entertaining?
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2007
    Oh you guys will love this video then. All awful Caruso one-liners with that same stupid delivery.

If anyone watches Nip/Tuck, I think it has some horrible actors, most notably Joely Richardson (Julia), though Julian MacMahon (Christian) is also pretty awful when he has to stray outside his comfort zone.

Some of the folks on Heroes are pretty bad, though Parkman and Mohinder usually stick out the worst to me (now that Parkman's wife is gone, that is).
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2007
    I can't stand that 'House' guy. What a toad.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited December 2007
    The guy on Law and Order Criminal Intent is quite bad as well. Don't know his name, but's he's the supposed really smart guy who overacts just like David Caruso.
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited December 2007
    The best rip on Caruso was on South Park- one of the kids tells his little brother to his impersonation of Caruso's career- the kid jumped off a window ledge!!!LOL
    He thought he was too big for NYPD Blue- yeah right!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • Samantha31
    Samantha31 Posts: 30
    edited December 2007
    I would rank Caruso (CSI), and Donofrio (L&O CI) in my top 5 worst actors on TV...then it would have to be any 3 of the young lawyers on "Shark"....none are even likable!!!

Sharp Aquos 1080P 46D64U LCD :D
    Yamaha HTR 6030 AVR
    Toshiba HD-DVD A30
    Sharp - Blu-Ray
    Polk RM6750 5.1 HTS
    HD-PVR Satellite Receiver
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited December 2007
    This thread is like trying to find who has the worst farts.
    It's all bad. Better to identify a couple of good actors
    and call the rest a wash. There's a reason I have the 2 channel.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited December 2007
    Caruso is the reason I don't watch CSI.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • bobman1235
    edited December 2007
    Samantha31 wrote: »
    Donofrio (L&O CI)

Maybe we should just hit him with some soap while he sleeps.

It's all just a dream, fat boy.
  • chillywilly
    chillywilly Posts: 167
    edited December 2007
    caruso is by far the worst
    FXi3 sats
    RTi10 fronts
    CSi5 center
    velodyne dps 10
    denon avr 888
    velodyne dps 12
    sammy lcd
    ps3 60gig
    wii for family
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited December 2007
    Keanu Reeves in anything ... All the acting ability and fill in personality of day old bread ...
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2007
    Hey now! There will be trashing of House. I love that show. Its actually the only show on TV that I actually watch and will make sure Im in front of the tv at the scheduled time.

As for Caruso, I really liked him on NYPD Blue - ironically is about the only other show that I ever kept up with and watched on a regular basis. I even have seasons 1-4 on DVD. I thought he was cool as hell. Oddly enough I havent liked him on ANYTHING else since. I suppose one reason is that he aged really badly. He doesnt even look like the same person that was on NYPD Blue.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited December 2007
    Gotta love him but still:

kirk.jpg

"Spock..... Help.. me.... Spock!"

"Scotty, if you can’t get those engines up.. Your fired" (seems to me that firing your engineer on the Enterprise would be a bad thing to do a billion light years from Earth).
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2007
    Actress would have to be Pamela Anderson for me...not only is her acting horrible...her fake chest and overall trailer park aura are sickening to watch.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2007
    The man is 77 yrs old & still going strong with parts on tv series!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Early B.
    edited December 2007
    Actress would have to be Pamela Anderson for me...not only is her acting horrible...her fake chest and overall trailer park aura are sickening to watch.

Pam would never be mistaken for a real actress, but she was more fun to watch than most accomplished actresses, that's for sure.

Hey -- leave James T. Kirk out of this thread. I thought he was OK for the times. During the Star Trek era, everyone was overacting. The 1960's was the worst period for that stuff. Now the 50's -- that was the best decade for great movie actors. Watch anything with Kate Hepburn and see for yourself.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    Willow wrote: »
    Although I enjoy CSI all of them, I would have to say I hate David Caruso. He talks with his head tilted all the time, he wears thos sunglasses all them time and his stupid little intros right after the murder....what a dork.

Plus his is an Italian red head????

The only other one of those I know is Mario Batali and he has the belly to prove he is Italian.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    Keanu Reeves in anything ... All the acting ability and fill in personality of day old bread ...

He is the worst. It is so hard to watch a good movie when he is in it.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited December 2007
    Silverti wrote: »
    Gotta love him but still:

kirk.jpg

"Spock..... Help.. me.... Spock!"

"Scotty, if you can’t get those engines up.. Your fired" (seems to me that firing your engineer on the Enterprise would be a bad thing to do a billion light years from Earth).

He's actually excellent on Boston Legal.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • Early B.
    edited December 2007
    He is the worst. It is so hard to watch a good movie when he is in it.

Definitely. Keanu and Kevin Costner remind me of John Wayne -- their facial expressions don't change. It's like watching a muppet.

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    Music Joe wrote: »

You are mistaken. The real reason to watch CSI Miami is for Emily Proctor and Natalia(not sure her real name).

I just watched an episode tonight and Caruso is brutal.
  • bobman1235
    edited December 2007
    Early B. wrote: »
    Definitely. Keanu and Kevin Costner remind me of John Wayne -- their facial expressions don't change. It's like watching a muppet.

To this day do not see how people like John Wayne. Aside from cultural icon status, the g uy couldn't act his way out of a paper bag.
  • dholmes
    dholmes Posts: 1,136
    edited December 2007
    Hey that guy from law oder criminal intent is great!! Remember him as gomer in full metal jacket & the role I forgot the movie but it was about robert e howard the one that wrote the conan books that I loved
    My HT set-up Panasonic front proj, 120 in ws screen, ATI amp,Integra 9.8 pre-pro, 2 Polk rti150, cp 1000, 4 fx 1000, Pioneer blu-ray 2 SVS sub pb 12-ultra 2, & Paragon popcorn popper. ps 3 Coaster leather HT recliners.
  • Roy Munson
    Roy Munson Posts: 886
    edited December 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    I can't stand that 'House' guy. What a toad.

I agree..the guy is a real tool! LOL There's so little to watch on the tube anymore, what happened to shows like the X-Files?
    2 Channel:
    Amp/Parasound Halo A23
    Pre/Carver C-1
    Tuner/Carver TX-11a
    CDP/Jolida JD 100A
    Turntable/AR XB-Shure V15 III
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,442
    edited December 2007
    Hey -- leave James T. Kirk out of this thread.

Damn right!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Music Joe
    Music Joe Posts: 459
    edited December 2007
    You are mistaken. The real reason to watch CSI Miami is for Emily Proctor and Natalia(not sure her real name).

I just watched an episode tonight and Caruso is brutal.

Natalia "Good View" Boa Vista = Eva LaRue born in 66'

Caruso just apes for the camera.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2007
    William Shatner, Katharine Hepburn, & all the other Capt's. of ST were originally trained in the theater. Because it is a different medium from tv they needed to be a bit broader when on the stage. They naturally brought that training with them when they transferred to tv. And had a bit of a harder time scaling it back for the purposes of tv.

Hence many get accused of overacting. But I will take their overacting any day from the "models" who don't have a shred of training & can't act their way out of paper bags!

Bobman, I'm a die hard John Wayne fan who has several of his movies. He had an earnest, practically fanatical intensity & integrity to his performances that defies description. It draws you in like nothing else can & that is why he will alway be at or near the top of the charts when it comes to favorite performers.

I can't think of any actors within the last 2 generations that even come close!

Early B. wrote: »
    Hey -- leave James T. Kirk out of this thread. I thought he was OK for the times. During the Star Trek era, everyone was overacting. The 1960's was the worst period for that stuff. Now the 50's -- that was the best decade for great movie actors. Watch anything with Kate Hepburn and see for yourself.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • bobman1235
    edited December 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »

Bobman, I'm a die hard John Wayne fan who has several of his movies. He had an earnest, practically fanatical intensity & integrity to his performances that defies description. It draws you in like nothing else can & that is why he will alway be at or near the top of the charts when it comes to favorite performers.

I can't think of any actors within the last 2 generations that even come close!

I love lots of old actors who by today's standards would seem to "overact". Even people like Gene Kelly, who as you allude to are more trained for the theater and therefore have a bit more exaggerated delivery, I love them. But their delivery still has a natural cadence to it, something that despite being exaggerated still seems human. I see John Wayne and he doesn't seem like that to me. He just seems like he's reading his lines acting without a hint of humanity.

No offense of coures, it's just my perception. :)