Credit Cards - Too many to choose from

12346»

Comments

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    rskarvan wrote: »
    Your an idiot if you think that I would even dream of "allowing my wife" anything. She is a responsible adult and can make her own decisions. Your thoughts that a husband "allows a wife a credit card" is way more skewed than my thoughts that credit is a bad idea.

I suspect that you'll have far bigger problems in life than credit card debt.

Thank you for calling me an idiot....much appreciated. The reason I said allowing is you are throwing a fit like a whiney schoolgirl on the forum here about a member getting a credit card, I can only imagine when it came to letting your wife get one.

Clearly we can see who wears the pants in your family.

As far as having bigger problem in life than credit card debt? I hope I do, I like to keep things interesting. What fun is it living a life with no excitement?
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited December 2007
    Clearly we can see who wears the pants in your family.

Spoken like a guy with some serious security issues about his own masculinity.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007

Oh really? How so?
  • rskarvan
    edited December 2007
    If you have to ask, there is no reason to explain.
  • nms
    nms Posts: 671
    edited December 2007

No, I actually think he was quite close to the nail, so to speak :D:p
    My system

"The world is an ever evolving clusterf*ck." --treitz3
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    If you have to ask, there is no reason to explain.

No problem then. Just shoot me a PM next time you're in the Boston area.....I'll have you come by and do my dishes and mop my floors just so I can keep my masculinity in check.

Hell, maybe I'll even have you to bake me a pie.
  • rskarvan
    edited December 2007
    nms wrote: »
    No, I actually think he was quite close to the nail, so to speak :D:p

Hmmm. You may be right. Let me go ask her!:D
  • nms
    nms Posts: 671
    edited December 2007
    Hmmm. You may be right. Let me go ask her!:D

Oh right. HER opinion will definitely be unbiased! :rolleyes:

It's been fun baiting you but I'm going to stop now - this is going nowhere and you're awfully repetitive.
    My system

"The world is an ever evolving clusterf*ck." --treitz3
  • rskarvan
    edited December 2007
    No problem then. Just shoot me a PM next time you're in the Boston area.....I'll have you come by and do my dishes and mop my floors just so I can keep my masculinity in check.

Hell, maybe I'll even have you to bake me a pie.

Sorry... I'm married. Not interested. But, thanks anyway!
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    Sorry... I'm married. Not interested. But, thanks anyway!

No problem.....just curious Ron, in your marriage......are you little spoon or big spoon? Cause based off your posts and your demeanor I'm definately leaning you towards being the little spoon about 75% of the time....
  • rskarvan
    edited December 2007
    Some questions are just better left unanswered.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    Thought so, little spoon. I bet you make a damn good pie. Apple or blueberry?
  • rskarvan
    edited December 2007
    Don't you have 1-900 numbers to call with your new credit card?
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    Don't you have 1-900 numbers to call with your new credit card?

Not for another hour and 15 minutes when your wife clocks in. She's my favorite for those late night phone calls. Thank god American Express gave me a high limit. Oh, and as of last year they take american express so I'm in the clear!
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited December 2007
    WilliamM2 wrote: »
    I think you should have at least 6 months salary saved, better yet, a year or more. Three months salary won't go far these days for real emergencies.

And for those of us that pay our cards off every month, it feels no different to hand someone $1000 cash, than it does to hand them the card, if you don't have the money, don't buy it. Simple really.

And I'm way more comfortable carrying a credit card in my pocket (on vacation for instance) than I am walking around with $1000 in my pocket.

Let me clarify without exaggeration. I’m referencing studies that show that people are less likely to walk into a store and spend $100 with cash then they are with $100 credit. It might feel the same to you, but not to most people. That being said, that’s not how I buy stuff. I have probably had a total of $100 go through my wallet in 2007, everything else I use my debit card for.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • rskarvan
    edited December 2007
    Not for another hour and 15 minutes when your wife clocks in. She's my favorite for those late night phone calls. Thank god American Express gave me a high limit. Oh, and as of last year they take american express so I'm in the clear!

Uhmmm... sorry, but that was me on the phone. I just can't (in good conscience) keep taking your money - regardless of how much you beg.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    Uhmmm... sorry, but that was me on the phone. I just can't (in good conscience) keep taking your money - regardless of how much you beg.

Can't win with you Ron. In that case I'll just save my dollar bills to give her for tips at her second job at the club while you're home baking the pies.

This is my last post regarding this. Once again thanks all for answering the questions I asked initially.
  • cam5860
    cam5860 Posts: 632
    edited December 2007
    The discover card is the best rewards card there is. Plus you get 12 months no interest. You get anywhere from 5 to 20% cashback depending on where you shop.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    cam5860 wrote: »
    The discover card is the best rewards card there is. Plus you get 12 months no interest. You get anywhere from 5 to 20% cashback depending on where you shop.

Thanks, somewhere earlier in this thread when it was about credit cards I decided to go with american express blue cash based of the recommendation of other members. It should be arriving this time next week.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited December 2007
    BL:

As much fun as it is tweaking him, it might be best to knock it off with all the goings on around here... I'm out...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    BL:

As much fun as it is tweaking him, it might be best to knock it off with all the goings on around here... I'm out...

Yea I'm done. Not worth it. I think he thinks he is lecturing a 16 year old on credit card usage......not the case. If the majority of this forum were irresponsible credit card users we wouldn't be posting here about the gear we want, we'd be posting pictures of all the new gear we just bought....
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited December 2007
    Hey, guess what amazingly expensive piece of gear I just bought!!! Oh, wait...
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520