Ug... Lost on the river

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
Man, Just got taken out early in my usual bi weekly Texas tourney. Crap, was doing great in points (4th of 40ish).

Went big on a flush.

Hearts 10 high

Guy next to me went down with a 9 of hearts.

Some how.. I don’t even know how... the 3rd person drops a full boat on the river...

ARG!!!
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2007
    I love Silverti's threads......

I come in his threads to get away from the crowds and enjoy the peace and quiet, the sounds of the crickets chirping.....ahhhhhhhhhhh, complete solitude.

Thanks dude!

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited December 2007
    riiiibit !
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • TroyD
    edited December 2007
    Hey, leave me alone.

Jayzuz, you fine a quiet spot where NOBODY goes........

BDT
  • Systems
    edited December 2007
    TroyD wrote: »
    I love Silverti's threads......

I come in his threads to get away from the crowds and enjoy the peace and quiet, the sounds of the crickets chirping.....ahhhhhhhhhhh, complete solitude.

Thanks dude!

BDT

Its because they are all PM'ing me when it come to you GI joe.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • TroyD
    edited December 2007
    I just don't know HOW I'll manage to go on knowing that....

*sigh*

Tell everyone I said 'hi'

BDT
  • beardog03
    edited December 2007
    wwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s

• Systems
    edited December 2007
    I just don't know HOW I'll manage to go on knowing that....

*sigh*

Tell everyone I said 'hi'

BDT

I think this quote directed to you in another thread is perfect here:

"I am here to discuss audio, and not to be harassed by some GI Joe looking for a fight" - Yashu
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • TroyD
    edited December 2007
    I was actually in here all by my lonesome enjoying the absolute solitude that your threads provide until you all started buzzing around.

Since this thread has NOTHING to do with audio anyway....you may wish to apply a quote that actually applies. Thanks for playing though.

*sigh*

BDT
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2007
    I'm about ready to report this thread to Justin to have it removed!

Whether or not it was about audio or not is unimportant since it is in the Clubhouse. It wasn't addressed to anyone in particular or even about anyone except Silverti.

I'm sick & tired of seeing these foolish attacks on some people all over the board.

You don't like someone, just ignore them. It's one thing to be attacked & defend, its something else to start the trouble.

Justin needs to put a lot more people on timeout to stop this crap!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • beardog03
    edited December 2007
    Easy Ms. Frizz

No harm , no foul...

I see no attack....except people calling Troy GI JoE...

this "I`m gonna tell" stuff seems to be the order of the day though, so....
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,673
    edited December 2007
    I gave myself a spanking just in case I did something wrong.

.... okay, I have to be honest .... I was going to give myself a spanking anyhow.

:o
    Sal Palooza
  • cfrizz
    edited December 2007
    There was a foul & this time Troy started it by being provocative & you know it Bear. No one is stupid around here.

You all don't like Silverti & he doesn't like you all. So just ignore him & vis versa.

He has contributed positively in threads whether you all like him or not.

No one is doing themselves any favors by continuing this crap all over the board & Justin has made it perfectly clear that he is tired of playing referee.

Start acting like mature responsible adults & there won't be any need for the "I'm gonna tell stuff" to happen.

You all aren't the only ones who use this board & it isn't your private playground.

BBL...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D!
    beardog03 wrote: »
    Easy Ms. Frizz

No harm , no foul...

I see no attack....except people calling Troy GI JoE...

this "I`m gonna tell" stuff seems to be the order of the day though, so....
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Start acting like mature responsible adults

I have to do that every day in my real life...do I really need to do it here also??? That would be so boring....

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited December 2007
    edited because I just don't want to be in the fray...............not worth it. Entertaining however.

Getting the popcorn ready.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited December 2007
    Oh gosh. This has become just waaay too rampant here lately.

If anyone can't see that the OP was NOT the attacker in this instance...you're blind. There's no two ways about it.

I think cfrizz is prone to a little over reacting sometimes, but I'm behind her 100% in this case.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited December 2007
    audiobliss wrote: »
    I think cfrizz is prone to a little over reacting sometimes, but I'm behind her 100% in this case.
    So am I for once. :D
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited December 2007
    This is just an observation and not an attack.

I would like to point out that yesterday a thread was deleted by Justin. In that thread Silverti said, and I quote "I’m here to talk about music and movies." Recent threads and some posts that are not with us anymore suggest that this is not his intent.

It is apparent to me that 2 people on the club Polk forum as of today [and you know who you are and I'm not talking about Troy. ;)] are here for attention and an audience and not here to talk about audio and to try to be a contributing member of this forum. That's where disappointment sets in.

Might I suggest to the two members to take a break for a while and think about why you are here and entertain the thought of an apology. Sometimes manning up and offering an apology goes a long way. There is a lot of unreleased tension because of recent events caused by the both of you and if you stop and reflect on the big picture, wouldn't it be better to be a part of the forum and to be helped by some of the senior members when you need some good advice rather than ruining this fine board with tension and arguments and not getting the advice, experience or help when you need it?

Silverti, yesterday I attempted to point something out to you in a helpful manor and you immediately came back with words that made absolutely no sense at all, had nothing to do with the topic at hand and that was actually your third post in a row that had nothing to do with the thread that ended up being deleted by Justin because of your other 5 or so posts that had talk of religion [which is taboo here] and points that were confronting / argumentative.

Now, the two of you can.....and I'm sure will do whatever you wish but I hope that you would want to be held in high regard on this board....or life in general and the direction you both are headed is in the same league as SpecK. If a hole is dug so deep with members and moderators, sometimes you dig so deep that you can't get out of the hole. I'm attempting to try to convince you to stop digging, as you aren't gaining any friends and trashing the board at the same time. Behavior like that is not held in high regard.

Please, for the sake of the forum......consider what I suggested.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited December 2007
    Either way, still makes for good TV...err...Internet.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • heiney9
    edited December 2007
    Nice post Trietz3, but I'm afraid it's going to fall on deaf ears. The (2) in question are really only here to bang their chests and show how much they know about audio (which in almost all cases is just their opinion). Nice of you to try and rationally reach them, but they will continue to play the victims; albeit; not in this thread so far.

According to the chosen 2 we all need to be schooled :rolleyes:.

H9

P.s. Dammit I wasn't going to get sucked in..........................:(
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • treitz3
    edited December 2007
    heiney9 wrote:
    ......but I'm afraid it's going to fall on deaf ears.
    Yeah, me too. But here's to hoping some good may come out of it. Who knows, one may get wise and reflect on what they are doing. ;)
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited December 2007
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Nice post Trietz3, but I'm afraid it's going to fall on deaf ears.
    I'm somewhat in agreement with everyone here.

If you don't like what someone posts in your thread, take care of it there or in PM's, it shouldn't spread like cancer into other threads.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • TroyD
    edited December 2007
    So much for my peace and quiet...

Ok, here is the deal. I have made TWO jokes about Silverti (which neither one was vulgar)....whom, btw, I have never crossed swords with previously (you can go look that up). I was merely amused by the fact that his posts are largely ignored and sorta nonsensical...I mean, who cares if he lost at cards last night?

I also have been, for the most part civil to Yashu (except when he continued to send me PM's...which I did go scorched earth). The thread that he felt compelled to take issue with me over, hell, I wasn't even talking about him or to him!

The fact is, these guys are going around with super sensitive rabbit ears...which I think is HILARIOUS. Christ, it's an internet forum. Have fun with it...if it isn't fun, go do something else. If you don't like someones posts, ignore them..... Seriously, go look. I respond to VERY few of thier posts. I have heartily encouraged them to put me on ignore...but, they choose not to do so.

As far as my sense of humor, if I find it funny, I'll post it. If you don't find it funny, fine...however, I can do without the lecture. I draw a line I think fair and I won't cross it. I have no intention of getting into a philosophical pissing contest with either. What I will laugh it is nonsensical posts/threads and hypersenstivity.

BDT
  • heiney9
    edited December 2007
    What I will laugh it is nonsensical posts/threads and hypersenstivity. BDT

+1, sorry to have contributed to disturbing your P&Q.
  • treitz3
    edited December 2007
    **crickets chirping**
  • TroyD
    edited December 2007
    That's ok.......there will be others, I have no doubt.

BDT
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    Face wrote: »
    I'm somewhat in agreement with everyone here.

If you don't like what someone posts in your thread, take care of it there or in PM's, it shouldn't spread like cancer into other threads.

That's been tried Bro, but the PMs were then posted on the public forum and sent to the moderators. Ya see the rules are being made up as they go along here then like ka7niq, asses get waved in the faces of the members. Cancer is right and looks like it is continuing on from ka7niq and is still growing.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,673
    edited December 2007
    My opinion (which, with $1 will get you a nice cup of coffee at McDonalds) is that while TroyD "tweaked" Silverti's nose, so to speak, it was done quite nicely.

It was, in fact (and here's the important part), funny.
    Sure, not enough to **** in my pants, but it brought a grin and a chuckle.

He didn't challenge Silverti to a knife fight, or a Battle Royale. Not in the least.

So what's the the brouha all about ? I can understand, Cfrizz, that you don't want to see a major flame war break out, but ..... cheese and crackers, we don't want to turn CP into "Club Prancing Overly Sensitive Politically Correct Mind Control".

The LAST THING ON EARTH anyone should do, in my humble opinion, is annoy Justin with ANYTHING barring 2 things:

1. A pipe bomb arrives via UPS addressed to yourself.
    2. ..... uhm ..... well ..... see #1.

I've posted some against-the-flow opinions in the past on some hot button topics, and received some pretty intense opposing viewpoints. I don't get upset because I can understand the other person's viewpoint; may not agree with it in the least, but I can appreciate why the opposing poster is rabid in his/her opposing viewpoint.

But Justin doesn't need to get involved. Period.

As a suggestion, instead of complaining to Justin, go log on at your local Craislist or log on to Bensbargains.net.
    I do.
    Post a bunch of comments about somebody's mother/sister/uncle, and you'll feel better.
    Email somebody on Craigslist (with an ad that says "local pickup only") and ask them how much for shipping.

Oh, sure, it's immature ... juvenile ? .... moronic ? All of the above ?
    Sure, but if it keeps one from griping to Justin, than it keeps anybody from pooping in the pool, and .... it's all good !

The only other bit of advice would be for folks to lighten up a bit !
    Stop by QT and pick up a six-pack of Humor; it's on sale.

:)

P.S. I'm also available for consultation on matters dealing with women.

;)
    Sal Palooza
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2007
    Nice post mrbigbluelight. I fully agree with what you said (excluding the pipe B. thing...).

People that get so upset for something that was posted on an internet forum, should not be allowed to have an internet connection.

We all have too many real life problems, so what's wrong with playing a bit around here?

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • cfrizz
    edited December 2007
    The problem BBL is some have chosen to ignore what Al Ballard has posted.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58925

This thread wasn't about opposing points of view, it was about simply trying to start trouble where none needed to be.

If the 2nd post hadn't been posted this thread would have been buried already. Instead we got this crap, which will spread to another topic, & another topic since nobody wants the other to have the last word or wants anyone else to forget that they can't stand each other.

If people want to make themselves look like idiots all over the board thats on them, it doesn't mean the rest of us have to just put up with it.

That is why the "report this post" button was put there, because the owners of the board know that some people just don't know when to quit.

I don't & won't play the macho games you guys play, when I've had enough I'll start reporting posts. It's just that simple.
  • treitz3
    edited December 2007
    Some people just don't get it. Go ahead...report this post. I'm prepared to take a vacation. :rolleyes:

Cfrizz, you mentioned earlier that we were not dumb right? Well, if you had been paying attention to the "cancer" if you will, you might have understood the humor in Troy's post. I did. In a very, very ,very loose way that post was good for the forum. If you can't fathom that, then I can't help you.
This discussion has been closed.