Who is the best special op/assault/tactical team right now?

2»

Comments

• apphd
    apphd Posts: 1,514
    edited December 2007
    You don't hear much about these guys, different mission tasks but just as bad a** as Seals.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited December 2007
    The question is pointless. They all have their forte, and train specifically for the unique missions---types of encounters they will experience. They are mission-specific units that specialize in their unique situations.

It's like asking: which is a better, a heart surgeon or a brain surgeon? If you need a by-pass, that brain surgeon isn't worth a damn is he?
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2007
    Rambo. Discussion over.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited December 2007
    camouflaged-sniper.jpg
    (not a picture of my cousin)

But, it brings back a lot of memories when I used to go hunting with this guy. This is how he used to hunt deer!

Also, he was the only 6'3" guy I know weighing in at 225 pounds who could be in a crowded room but no one would notice he was there. The guy was a shadow by nature.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited December 2007
    Sherardp wrote: »
    Marine Force Recon, kick **** and take names. After thats its the regular Marines since each Marine is trained as a basic grunt first, and thats to kick **** and take names. Semper Fi Devil Dogs.

Seals. And yes, I was a Marine. And smart enough NOT to mess with a Seal.
    The point of all of this is selection and training.
    The most selective and best trained will be the best.
    At one point, Ms. Clinton was on a mission to disband the Marine Corps. Seems
    they train women and men separately. Very bad in her book.
    Yet, this is what works. By keeeping them separate, they can focus training to push
    both to their best.
    The Seals have a very high failure rate. They have to fight that battle to
    keep it that way yearly, since bean counters say it costs too much.
    Israel has some of the world's best because they have to. No choice.
    They get well trained and have always had plenty of field experience.
    The Marines have the best overall fighting force in the U.S.. Well trained and motivated.
    And work as one unit. The policy of close air support means they are there close to the front and engaged.
    The only other group using the close air support model is Israel. This is
    one reason they do so well in there conflicts. Their survival depends on
    everyone working together.
    The best thing we can do as Americans, is to make sure our people
    get the training and resources they need to stay sharp. We don't need
    some Washington PC police telling us that might be too hard and expensive.
    No, I don't think Demi Moore would last more than a couple of hours of real
    Seal training.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson