Empty jewel case(s)

halo
halo Posts: 5,616
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
Just got a new CD in the mail from yourmusic.com only to find the jewel case (which was sealed in plastic wrap until I opened it) to be empty - no CD inside.

This ever happen to anyone else?

Not restricted to yourmusic.com purchases btw
Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
Post edited by halo on

Comments

• nms
    nms Posts: 671
    edited December 2007
    Whoa, bad business practice! Sorry to hear that.
    My system

"The world is an ever evolving clusterf*ck." --treitz3
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited December 2007
    I would get on that. Unacceptable for business, but I have not heard of that before. Bottom line: you need to go over there and punch some faces.
  • halo
    edited December 2007
    contacted cs - said to wait 48hrs for a reply :mad::mad::mad:
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited December 2007
    I hate to hear about that. I JUST got my first credit card today, and was planning on signing up with them. But I think I still am going to, because I've heard so many good things about them. I remember reading that you may occasionally have something like this happen, but they'll take care of it for you.

Here's hoping it all comes through ok.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • halo
    edited December 2007
    thanks ab. I've been using them a couple of years now and aside from a few cracked jewel cases this is the first time I've had a real bone to pick with them.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2007
    zingo wrote: »
    I would get on that. Unacceptable for business, but I have not heard of that before. Bottom line: you need to go over there and punch some faces.

WTF?

Some irrational hostile replies in this thread, geez.

There's nobody assembling the CD cases by hand, it's all automated by machines. It's the fault of the company who did the production run of that particular album, not the people you bought it from. So I wouldn't flip out on them unless they didn't agree to replace it (which they will).

I bought a DVD copy of True Romance from Circuit City a long time back and instead of that movie in it 2001: A Space Odyssey was in it.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2007
    audiobliss wrote: »
    I JUST got my first credit card today, and was planning on signing up with them.

Careful with that credit card AB. ;)
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »

I was just writing the same thing in a PM to AB.

Vic I am sure they will take care of it. I've been a member of yourmusic.com for about a year and the only problem I've had is that a CD might sound like **** but that isn't their fault unless they have some kid there copying the CDs from a crappy PC.:D
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2007
    Just stay calm. You got the computer reply. They will send you a new CD as soon as possible. I've had bad CDs, no CDs and broken jewel cases...all replaced in a timely manner. The didn't mfg it...they just sell it. Stay cool...just an inconvienience...not a problem.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • halo
    edited December 2007
    I'm all right. Just pissed at first. Like I said, I've never had a problem with them before so I'm sure it'll all work out.

Thanks for the support & the replies :)
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited December 2007
    Support your local music stores.
  • halo
    edited December 2007
    PolkThug wrote: »

Best Buy & Circuit City?
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited December 2007
    I don't know anything about yourmusic.com.
    The only place I've bought from online was Acoustic Sounds out of Kansas. It's the ONLY place I've found online that actually carries a decent selection of SACD/ DVD-A.
    I just wish the formats were more utilized across different genres
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited December 2007
    Strange. While I've never been a fan of BMG Columbia House, mainly due to their 12 cds for $1...and $30 shipping, I've never found them to be cheats. They have lots of issues, but my guess is this was some type of mistake and while a hassle to clear up, it seems they will.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • Greg Peters
    Greg Peters Posts: 605
    edited December 2007
    My local music store slipped me a shrink-wrapped empty jewel box.

I went back a few days later, complained to the female clerk who sold me the CD. She said "What did the disk look like?" and I stared in disbelief, replied "I don't know- haven't seen it yet...that's why I came back to talk to you- I paid for a CD, not an empty jewel box." She spoke with the manager, stated she'd never heard of that happening before, looked at me like a criminal and reluctantly exchanged it for another. She opened the replacement in front of me, with the comment "no exchanges or refunds" :confused:.
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited December 2007
    Purchased "tombstone" from Best Buy and it had the "Good Morning Vietnam" DVD in it.

Purchased "Avia" right here from Polk Audio and it came with the filters in the case, but no DVD.

In both cases it was taken care of right away, but still odd. Both disks had the factory shrinkwrap and lables on them.

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited December 2007
    The one time I had a problem with them I asked for a free CD and they gave it to me. Yea, you have to do everthing in writing with them, kind of bummer.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited December 2007
    PolkThug wrote: »

None left other than Big Box retailers who over charge and have a lousy selection. Your comment is about 5 years too late!
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited December 2007
    Hehe, I feel your frustration. I once purchased a CD of Rush [not from them] so I could hear YYZ for the first time in 15 or so years and when I opened the plastic wrapped CD, I got some Japanese techno. :eek:

I just threw it in the trash. It drives me bonkers to have to deal with making it right. It's not worth my time and frustration. Chalked it up to an 11 dollar loss.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited December 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    I was just writing the same thing in a PM to AB.

Ha, I forgot all about this thread and hadn't looked at it again until now. Thanks guys. I'll be careful with it. I already activated it, but I haven't used it yet. I'm pretty excited about it, but I still have to wait to get the packet to turn in to make it a photo card. This one doesn't have a pic on it.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520