Mike Huckabee who?

BaggedLancer
BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
Well in reading over news stuff this morning apparently Chuck Norris is backing Mike Huckabee which lead to a 457% increase in searches this week. Can the Chuck Norris effect really push this guy ahead?

I mean seriously guys...if CHUCK NORRIS backs Huckabee, he must be the one right?

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/80798/chuck-norris-is-a-powerful-man

capt.04063238117c4c9f81420a81a3bb546c.huckabee_2008_norris_dccd107.jpg
Post edited by BaggedLancer on

Comments

• edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited December 2007
    Not only is he the right one, but he would end up serving 40 years as our president. The reason being, one Chuck Norris year equals ten human years, and if you have Chuck Norris backing you, then his reality takes effect.
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2007
    I liked a lot of what Huckabee stands for BEFORE Chuck endorsed him. I'm not necessarily a Chuck fan. The only thing that I watch very much with him in it is his Total Gym® infomercials WITH Christie Brinkley (Still gorgeous BTW).

I hope Huckabee gets the Republican Nomination...with or without Chuck.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited December 2007
    The more I see about Huckabee, seems like a good guy. Problem is, can he take hillary? man, I'm leaning with no, but I'm no political expert.

this is going to be a very WIERD election.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • shack
    edited December 2007
    ohskigod wrote:
    The more I see about Huckabee, seems like a good guy. Problem is, can he take hillary? man, I'm leaning with no, but I'm no political expert.

There is an even chance it won't be hillary. Obama is ahead right now. Polls mean absolutely nothing right now...but there was one CNN poll that had hillary losing to EVERY Republican head to head.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2007
    Considering the state of American politics, and how the majority vote based on whose name they hear the most, I'm surprised more politicians don't take this route. Some day someone will be smart enough to enter American Idol or something, and they'll be a shoe in for president.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Pablo
    Pablo Posts: 723
    edited December 2007
    And if you don't vote for Huckabee, Chuck will come around and give you a round house kick to the head. And like santa, Chuck can vist everyone in just one night!
    Denon AVR-3803
    RTi-70 Fronts
    FXi-30 Surrounds
    RTi-38 Back Surrounds
    Csi-40 Center
    PSW350 Sub
    Panasonic PT-56WXF95 HDTVSamsung un60JS8000 SUHD
    Denon DVD-2910
    Xbox, Gamecube, PS2, PS3, PS4, xbox360, Wii, WiiU, n64
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited December 2007
    What good are polls? It only counts if you could poll registered
    Democrats or Republicans that are going to vote in the primaries.
    Any small organized group could swing the first couple of primaries
    any way they want. The number of voters in primaries are amazing
    small.
    I'm a Ron Paul kind of guy. He'll never win. But like Perot before,
    he's needed to keep eveyone focused on basics like getting the budget under
    control. A broke government is of no use to anyone.
    Does this mean I'm getting a midnight visit from Chuck?
    Who's that banging on my door.......
    ...............................................Connection Lost.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • bruss
    bruss Posts: 1,039
    edited December 2007
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MDUQW8LUMs8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MDUQW8LUMs8&rel=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    badass

Chuck Norris approved!
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited December 2007
    I like Huckabee, but I'd rather see Jesse Ventura run for President. He's an independent,
    and a former Navy SEAL!
    Just the thought of what having a SEAL in the WhiteHouse would do to the FAR left makes me giggle;-)
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • SLOCOOKN
    SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
    edited December 2007
    bruss wrote: »
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MDUQW8LUMs8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MDUQW8LUMs8&rel=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

This is a sad state of affairs when you have to stoop this low to "reach" American voters. Collectively we are a sad group of people.

This is an election for the Presidency of the United States of America. Most people have no cognitive ability to understand the issues. So we are left with a skit from "Saturday Night Live" as an add to reach the American Idiot-Idol voters.

Sad Sad Sad!
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
    VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    SLOCOOKN wrote: »
    So we are left with a skit from "Saturday Night Live" as an add to reach the American Idiot-Idol voters.

Sad Sad Sad!

Sad to say that is definately the majority of America who watches that stupid show.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2007
    Sad to say that is definately the majority of America who watches that stupid show.

Yay Idol! :D

(At its peak, 36 million Americans watched American Idol. The population of the US is over 300 million. Not even close to a majority).
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    ok ok so maybe not the majority, but 36 million is alot :)

And how many people support Chuck Norris? that has to be a majority
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,673
    edited December 2007
    "When Chuck Norris does push-ups, he's actually pushing the earth down".

I did not know that.

But even if the guy who's schlepping Christy Brinkley endorses Huckabee, how can they fight the power of Hillary Clinton and her Kegel exercises ?

Is it even possible ?

Well, as this video from the Huckabee campaign demonstrates, it looks like Mike Huckabee is going to try to take on the power of the Clinton Kegel Klan.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SjqdFHrRPTM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SjqdFHrRPTM&rel=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

As you can see, the state of American politics is circling the bowl.
    Sal Palooza
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited December 2007
    First off, I think Chuck Norris backing Huckabee is outstanding and makes me want to vote for him even more! That video rocks too! Not only do we get the Fair Tax but we get the approval of Chuck Norris! Its a win win!!

Second, I think Mrbigbluelight should be banned for positng that video. :D
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited December 2007
    Turn OFF the webcam!

My retinas are junked.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • nms
    nms Posts: 671
    edited December 2007
    Second, I think Mrbigbluelight should be banned for positng that video.

Seconded. Thirded. Why must you force my retinas to be scrubbed?
    My system

"The world is an ever evolving clusterf*ck." --treitz3
  • mrbigbluelight
    edited December 2007
    MacLeod wrote: »
    First off, I think Chuck Norris backing Huckabee is outstanding and makes me want to vote for him even more! That video rocks too! Not only do we get the Fair Tax but we get the approval of Chuck Norris! Its a win win!!

Second, I think Mrbigbluelight should be banned for positng that video. :D

You know, I couldn't agree more with you. About the last part. What the hello dolly was I thinking ? :eek:

Let this be a lesson of the dangers of searching YouTube for "Male Kegel".
    Sal Palooza
  • lomic
    lomic Posts: 407
    edited December 2007
    Even as a liberal I like Huckabee on some things, namely energy independence (as long as he doesn't go crazy for Ethanol, let's not go turning our crops into gas, people. I like to eat more than drive) and the flat/federal sales tax that gets rid of income tax and IRS. I truly love the idea of getting my full pay check and being ahead for saving my money rather than spendspendspend.

Of course, on other things, not so much. However, I'd take him over most the other Republicans, and some Democrats too :p
    Dodd Audio ELP [ Tubes ] // Harman Kardon AVR330 // Parasound HCA-1203A // Denon DVD-2900
    Polk Audio LSi9, LSiC, LSi 7 // HSU STF-2 // Signal Cable Interconnects (SG BW/A2/MP)
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited December 2007
    It's time for another actor in office..............................................................................
    ELECT FRED THOMPSON!!!!:cool:
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited December 2007
    Huckabee would be a great president. He comes across as personable and real, and a lot of people are catching on to that.

However, Mit's speech today was fantastic. He will be hard for me not to vote for.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2007
    Huckabee is the biggest sleazeball running for President on either side of the isle. Tax hike Mike doesn't need to be selling pardons out of the Oval Office like he did from the governor's office in Arkansas. He's soft on crime and doesn't want to do anything about illegal immigration.
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited December 2007
    Huckabee is a likable guy and I think the more people see him, the more they'll pick up on that. I think he's going to be a contender. That said, being likable doesn't necessarily make you a good president and there's several things he did as governor that I thought were stupid.

When I see the presidential candidates- all of 'em, D's, R's, etc.- I can't help but think, "What a bunch of clowns!! Is this truly the best we can do??" If it is, we're in trouble. Seriously. But that's just my opinion. Not going to talk politics.
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited December 2007
    "When Chuck Norris does push-ups, he's actually pushing the earth down".
    Considering that the mass of the Earth is 5.98
  • mrbigbluelight
    edited December 2007
    The earth may have mass, but Chuck has brass.
    Sal Palooza
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited December 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Huckabee is the biggest sleazeball running for President on either side of the isle. Tax hike Mike doesn't need to be selling pardons out of the Oval Office like he did from the governor's office in Arkansas. He's soft on crime and doesn't want to do anything about illegal immigration.

so what your saying is "Huck F*ckabee!!!!!!!...LOL :p
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    so what your saying is "Huck F*ckabee!!!!!!!...LOL :p

Hah! That's a good one! :D
  • shack
    edited December 2007
    Demiurge wrote:

Hillary makes him look like a boy scout.

• petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited December 2007
    Hillary is a boy scout. ;)