lights out

Options
danger boy
danger boy Posts: 15,722
edited November 2002 in Music & Movies
ok here's the situation. you just got a great new DVD you can't wait to watch... it's going to be so good. you pop in the disc into your player.. crank up the amps, grab a cold one and slide into your favorite man chair.

now he's my ? what light level do you have in your room while watching a movie?

I like to have mine pretty low. I will usually only have one small light on in the adjoining room. just enough light to pave the way to the fridge. :lol: otherwise i like to have the room pretty dark. It helps if the light levels are low..so you can see more detail in the picture. How about the rest of you.. is it lights out?
PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
Post edited by danger boy on

Comments

• Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited November 2002
    Options
    The darker the better. The big HDTV casts enough light to see around the room to grab the remotes or your woman's **** as you see fit. Mine is backlit anyway - the remote, not her ****.

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited November 2002
    Options
    WAAAAAAAAA........got me with that one Dr.spec.......o ****.....

anyways darker is better(not always the case with women).having some light behind the screen is nice,softer on the eyes after a couple of hours.A 6500k light.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • mantis
    edited November 2002
    Options
    I'd like to have back lit ****(female that is)......man the uses.......are endless.
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited November 2002
    Options
    think of this,
    your driving down a dark raod and your cars headlights go out...damn..."honey,can you sit on the hood untill we get into town?"
    Dan
  • LiquidSound
    LiquidSound Posts: 1,261
    edited November 2002
    Options
    ****....I had a bad dream....honey, could you turn on your **** till I get back to sleep?
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's
    Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by mantis
    having some light behind the screen is nice,softer on the eyes after a couple of hours.A 6500k light.

Mantis what is a 6500k light? That seems pretty close to daylight.. so would this be a blue type light. in my photography i use a 5600k light.. which mimicks daylight.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited November 2002
    Options
    i have lights behind and a bit to the side of the tv i have it on a dimmer they are a can light
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited November 2002
    Options
    I like the 60 Watt over the kitchen sink light only. I don't like to see reflections on the screen.
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited November 2002
    Options
    Mantis what is a 6500k light? That seems pretty close to daylight..
    That is exactly why a 6500k backlight is best suited for HT. Ever notice your incandescent lighting and how yellow it is?

I used to use a 6500k backlight in my old theater, but with the new theater being all black, light reflection is so minimal, a back light is not needed, so I do not use any lighting at all.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited November 2002
    Options
    As dark as possible. I am even annoyed by the lights from the displays of the equipment (but there's no way for me to avoid that) and the little red "power" light on the front of the TV, which I block with my foot on the coffee table. Black-out curtains cover the window.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited November 2002
    Options
    indirect backlighting at dim will bring out the best HT set up and eliminating most of the reflection...