Hatton vs. Mayweather

2»

Comments

• Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited December 2007
    Next time those UK asshats can stay home...they were actually booing loudly during the national anthem .

Kinda goes with the sports, I guess. If you think Americans are any better abroad you are mistaken.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2007
    Sami wrote: »
    Kinda goes with the sports, I guess. If you think Americans are any better abroad you are mistaken.

No way in hell...in all the years I have been watching televised sports abroad ( Professional/Olympics/Amateur ) I have never seen another nations national anthem disrespected like that by any large group of Americans...one or 2 drunk boneheads sure..but this was a huge group as a whole booing in unison.

With ticket prices so high and not wanting to get thrown out before the main event is all that kept the majority of the crowd from knocking out a few of their teeth ...that they cant afford to lose any more of. No class whatsoever...
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited December 2007
    Seen it in person many times, it's nothing new. And nothing to do with nationality, all are pretty much the same.
  • jabrax
    jabrax Posts: 315
    edited December 2007
    He fought his best fight in a long time, IMO, and won rather easily. I was surprised that he showed some class at the end and was rather gracious. Worth the few bucks, good fight.

Interesting, how he's changing his stripes to go with his position in the sport and life. Makes you wonder how much of the image (****) he was projecting was more of a marketing ploy. You know how people are so enamered with the villian. Seems like he took the cockiness that most elite athletes have and cranked it up almost overnight in an attempt to be noticed (means of making money).

Now that he is there, really doesnt need it anymore. Personally, from his comments after the fight, I don't think he will be doing it much longer.

PPV - f'em lol - I found myself self turning back to Spike UFC during those waste of money preliminary fights.
    TV...............Hitachi 42hdS52a plasma (sexy one with the swival)
    Pre/Processor - Emotiva MMC
    Seven Ch AMP - Emotiva LPA
    Fronts - Tyler Acoustics 7U's
    Center - Polk LSIC
    Sub - DSWPRO600
    DAC - Music Hall 25.3CD - Marantz cc4001
    Blue Ray - PS3
    Speaker cables - Audioquest cv4 dbs
    Interconnects - MIT AVT1's
    Power Filter....Monster HTS 3500 MKII