Hatton vs. Mayweather

SKsolutions
SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
Supposed to be the fight of the year. December 8th? If Hatton works the hook to the body, he's got a good shot. I think it was Castillo that he put down with a hook to the liver somewhere around the 4th round. Any predictions?

Warning:

If you are waiting to see it, don't page down!
-Ignorance is strength -
Post edited by SKsolutions on

Comments

• jabrax
    jabrax Posts: 315
    edited December 2007
    Hatton has no shot :)
    TV...............Hitachi 42hdS52a plasma (sexy one with the swival)
    Pre/Processor - Emotiva MMC
    Seven Ch AMP - Emotiva LPA
    Fronts - Tyler Acoustics 7U's
    Center - Polk LSIC
    Sub - DSWPRO600
    DAC - Music Hall 25.3CD - Marantz cc4001
    Blue Ray - PS3
    Speaker cables - Audioquest cv4 dbs
    Interconnects - MIT AVT1's
    Power Filter....Monster HTS 3500 MKII
  • SKsolutions
    edited December 2007
    Hatton put down Castillo in 4 rounds and Castillo gave Mayweather a pretty hard time. Castillo did look slow in the fight against Hatton, so it's hard to say if that is a good comparison.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited December 2007
    I think Hatton has a good chance of giving Mayweather problems. If Mayweather, has a problem with Hatton's style of constantly moving forward, working inside, then clinching, Hatton could win. On the other hand, I doubt there's anyone better right now at fighting going backwards than Mayweather.

If I were betting I'd take Mayweather, unless there were some long odds on Hattton.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited December 2007
    Mayweather's gonna mop the floor with Hatton. Pound for pound, Mayweather is the best there is. The cocky SOB can certainly back up his words.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited December 2007
    I haven't followed boxing that closely since Leonard vs. Hagler, but the little I've seen of Mayweather I haven't seen anything special. He's been good at avoiding the fight so that might be the key here, Mayweather stepping back and picking a point here and there while frustrating Hatton.
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited December 2007
    Mayweather is alright, definitely a little too flashy/cocky for what I like to see in a fighter. Then again most of them are this way. I miss the Old, one hitter, lay ya a$$ out guy we all loved by the name of Mike Tyson. I vote for Mayweather in this one, if he loses he still has 50 cent in his corner, to laugh straight to the bank with. Wonder if they'll do another song for this one?
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2007
    I ordered the fight last night on PPV for this Sat , and had to pay an extra 10 dollars to get it in HD :mad: I already subscribe to HD with my directv package...that is such ****...if it wasnt for the friends and family coming over to see it on the big plasma in the HT ( Need it in HD of course ) I would have not gotten it at all ( SD or HD ) just for myself.

I dont want to call and raise hell ( And get the 10 dollar credit :) ) now before the fight...I dont want it to mysteriously not work on Sat ;) ...but I will on Sunday ...its just not right.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited December 2007
    Early B. wrote: »
    Mayweather's gonna mop the floor with Hatton. Pound for pound, Mayweather is the best there is. The cocky SOB can certainly back up his words.

Mayweather will win the fight, but mop the floor? all he did in the Delahoya fight was dance around and score points. yeah he won, yeah, he showed amazing speed, but saying he'll mop the floor like he's a devestating hitter seems a little off

no disrespect, nothing but love brotha :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • ohskigod
    edited December 2007
    that said, seeing Mayweather drop like a stone from a kidney shot is intriquing. I've taken a kidney shot, and the night in the ER pissing battery acid and congealed blood to go along with it. It SUCKS!!!!!

Only time one punch dropped me......and HARD!
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited December 2007
    Hatton has the rare ability to punish paople and absorb an inordinate amount of punishment. I can't see Mayweather breaking this guy - I'll take Hatton in 7.

Shawn
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • ohskigod
    edited December 2007
    shawn474 wrote: »
    Hatton has the rare ability to punish paople and absorb an inordinate amount of punishment. I can't see Mayweather breaking this guy - I'll take Hatton in 7.

Shawn

if Hatton can land, then yes you might be right. If I were betting, I'd say Mayweather in a decision. I think Mayweather will be too fast for Hatton to land enough serious blows to hurt him
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• shadowofnight
    edited December 2007
    shawn474 wrote: »

Shawn

About what I expect too....the Mayweather dancing show against De La Hoya didnt impress whatsoever...Hatton is gonna need a knockout though with as crooked as boxing judging has become in recent years.
  • ohskigod
    edited December 2007
    the Mayweather dancing show against De La Hoya didnt impress whatsoever...

+ 100000000000

could not agree with you more.

I remember him saying "i'm retiring, I have nothing more to prove"
    I thought he was nuts. he ran around, avoided getting hit. again, he showed world class speed and agility, not going to take it away from him, but give me a break!
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• 66chevyIISS
    66chevyIISS Posts: 857
    edited December 2007
    I will be watching the UFC on spike for FREE $55 for a crappy boxing match is lame.
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • shadowofnight
    edited December 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    he showed world class speed and agility

The only problem is that most of it was in backpeddling speed and keeping out of De La Hoya's uppercut range :D
  • SKsolutions
    edited December 2007
    I re-watched the Mayweather-De La Hoya fight, then the Hatton-Castillo fight. Hatton absorbed some serious blows, but on every occasion, came back with a barrage so fierce, it took the will out of Castillo. Done in 4 with Castillo on the canvas. There is no doubt that Hatton is coming forward, and we will see tonight if Mayweather can deter him with those jabs. I doubt it. It's going to be a fight that is certain. I'm taking the underdog, Hatton in 9.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • Early B.
    edited December 2007
    ....the Mayweather dancing show against De La Hoya didnt impress whatsoever...

Dancing is what makes Mayweather a champion, so why criticize him for using that winning strategy against De la Hoya? Hell, if I were a boxer, I'd dance around a lot to avoid getting punched!:p Getting punched in the face repeatedly certainly cannot be a pleasant experience. So will Mayweather dance again? Of course, and I don't blame him.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

• shadowofnight
    edited December 2007
    Dancing is what makes Mayweather a champion, so why criticize him for using that winning strategy against De la Hoya? Hell, if I were a boxer, I'd dance around a lot to avoid getting punched!:p Getting punched in the face repeatedly certainly cannot be a pleasant experience. So will Mayweather dance again? Of course, and I don't blame him.

There is a HUGE difference between the agility and light on your toes movements needed to avoid your opponents punches...and just backpeddling around the ring while the fans are bored off of their asses.
    De La Hoya was chasing him around the ring trying to get him to engage...but Mayweather was like Maverick after losing goose...it was boring as hell to watch.

One of the best things you can do in the ring is make your opponent miss punches thrown at you....the opponent losses a LOT of energy/stamina with every one of those misses.....being quick enough to duck/side step/etc AND still be able to counter attack when he does miss is the making of a great champion and a great fight to watch. Watching somebody chase someone around the ring with no action is not what the fans pay for.
  • SKsolutions
    edited December 2007
    F'in PPV at almost 60 bucks. This better not be 'dancing with the stars II', and someones **** better be on the canvas. Last time I did the PPV was a Tyson 30 second deal, and I swore never again. Till now.

"I am Jack's raging bile duct"
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • SKsolutions
    edited December 2007
    HBO poll results:

Fight week is here! Who is it going to be? Floyd or Ricky?
    Mayweather by KO 13%
    Hatton by KO 36%
    Mayweather W 12 32%
    Hatton W 12 17%
    DRAW! 2%
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • shadowofnight
    edited December 2007
    F'in PPV at almost 60 bucks. This better not be 'dancing with the stars II', and someones **** better be on the canvas. Last time I did the PPV was a Tyson 30 second deal, and I swore never again. Till now.

"I am Jack's raging bile duct"

You got that right bigtime....getting raped for the PPV AND 10 bucks extra for HD....gonna have a house full of maniacs here for this fight...last thing we want to see is some crooked decision ...somebodys **** better be on the canvas HARD !!!
  • shadowofnight
    edited December 2007
    Well they kissed already http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=324_1197071553 now you know what its time to do.....
  • SKsolutions
    edited December 2007
    Sweeeeeet! Looks like Hatton wants to eat his lunch. The fans seem to be responding much more to Hatton's more self deprecating style, and that will be a help on the road. Fight starts at 9, but there are 2 fights prior, so maybe around 11 Eastern? Can't seem to find any reliable times for the main card.

Rounds under/over is at 11.5
    Mayweather 1/2 favored
    Hatton by knockout 4:1
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • pacificoastbear
    pacificoastbear Posts: 105
    edited December 2007
    The best way not to lose any money on this fight .... don't bet.

I'd like to see Hatton KO Mayweather but as quick as Floyd is, I doubt it.

Conventional wisdom would expect either Hatton to win by KO or Mayweather to win by decision.

I just hope I actually get to see a flippin' fight and not 2 hours of ring around the rosies.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2007
    I plunked down the duckets on this one. Something about this fight.....
  • Early B.
    edited December 2007

WTF did I say!!! Hatton never stood a chance. :eek::D:eek:

• jabrax
    jabrax Posts: 315
    edited December 2007
    mayweather by knockout.....chi Ching!!!!!! Like I said NO SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!
    TV...............Hitachi 42hdS52a plasma (sexy one with the swival)
    Pre/Processor - Emotiva MMC
    Seven Ch AMP - Emotiva LPA
    Fronts - Tyler Acoustics 7U's
    Center - Polk LSIC
    Sub - DSWPRO600
    DAC - Music Hall 25.3CD - Marantz cc4001
    Blue Ray - PS3
    Speaker cables - Audioquest cv4 dbs
    Interconnects - MIT AVT1's
    Power Filter....Monster HTS 3500 MKII
  • SKsolutions
    edited December 2007
    No duckets on this other than the PPV extortion. Decent fight. Hatton looked real small at the weight, and slower than at 140lbs. Although I don't think that there was any doubt that Mayweather was the better boxer, but I expected him to have more trouble with this brawler. Hope over common sense, I guess. Floyd seemed to get a little rattled early, but found a way around it. He fought his best fight in a long time, IMO, and won rather easily. I was surprised that he showed some class at the end and was rather gracious. Worth the few bucks, good fight.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • SKsolutions
    edited December 2007
    100M in wagers on this fight, 30M coming from the UK. Here a special delivery for EarlyB: Hatton on his arse.

mayweather.1st.kd.on.hatton.300w.jpg
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • shadowofnight
    edited December 2007
    Next time those UK asshats can stay home...they were actually booing loudly during the national anthem . Mayweather got away with more illegal elbows then I have ever seen in a fight...no points docked..Hatton got docked for hitting behind the head when Mayweather dove between the ropes. :confused:

Sure in the last 2 rounds Mayweather came on strong and deserverd the win...but for the first 8 rounds the judges were on crack on a couple of rounds that were clearly...even by every announcer..Hattons.

The first 3 fights were crap...but the money was well spent with the main event...Mayweather took the fight to Hatton in the 9th and 10th and deserved that win...he also showed more class then I expected after the fight...a deserving champ.