Guitar Enthusiasts

Demiurge
Demiurge Posts: 10,874
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
Picked up a sleek new axe last night. These are worth their weight in gold. A little heavy (which I like) but I can see how others wouldn't like it. Other than that it has some fabulous sound and plays like a dream. Top notch American craftsmanship right here.

davesgibson7.jpg

davesgibson6.jpg

davesgibson5.jpg

davesgibson2.jpg
Post edited by Demiurge on

Comments

• beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited December 2007
    That is Friggin BEAUTIFUL !!!!!

THat is definately a work of art...bet she sounds reeeal good too !

Not many of those floating around , either

CONGRATS !!

Nice little Marshall`s also...
    What a pair !....made in Heaven..!!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited December 2007
    They are awesome sounding guitars. My guitar player in my band ( 12 years ago ) played a gold top through a vintage twin or a Vox and it was awesome.

Enjoy it.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • Demiurge
    edited December 2007
    I will, now I just gotta get up the motivation to move all of my gear, including the home theater into a different/better room. I'm dreading it since I have a whole recording setup too that needs to be moved. :(
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited December 2007
    sounds like fun to me....
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited December 2007
    Beautiful! Glad you're digging it.

I bought my first LP in '72 (still have it) and have picked-up two more along the trail since then.
  • Poee7R
    Poee7R Posts: 904
    edited December 2007
    Beautiful. And thats my preferred color combo, black with silver hardware. Cant stand gold on black, yech.

They are a bit heavy but man do they play like butter. Gotta love lessie's no matter what your favorite's are (im a fender man myself).

At the moment my uncle has a vintage custom shop he play's through a mid 60's Marshall plexi head and Mcab. Tone to die for i tell ya...

Dave
    Once again we meet at last.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,185
    edited December 2007
    I owned a Les Paul Deluxe in the 80's in tobacco Burst. I loved the guitar except the way I felt after playing for a few hours.
    The Studio models seem lighter then the one I owned. They are great versitle guitars and play fantastic.

Yours is beautiful. Nice choice.

Good luck with her.

Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited December 2007
    Poee7R wrote: »
    Beautiful. And thats my preferred color combo, black with silver hardware. Cant stand gold on black, yech.
    Dave

Hey! :mad:

Nice axe Demi...congrats! ;)
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • Poee7R
    Poee7R Posts: 904
    edited December 2007
    dragon1952 wrote: »
    Hey! :mad:

Nice axe Demi...congrats! ;)

Haha sorry, just cant dig it. Ive had to settle for the gold on black on a few but if the choice is there, silver all the way. :cool:

Dave
    Once again we meet at last.
  • Demiurge
    edited December 2007
    If I didn't have a limited choice I would have gone with the Silverbust. Hands down the most beautiful guitars ever, in my opinion.

gibson-1968-les-paul-custom-silverburst.jpg

That's a 1968....I didn't feel like spending that many thousands of dollars for the new Les Paul Classic Customs just to get Silverburst. This one broke the bank enough.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited December 2007
    Nice choice Demi..........Tone monster no doubt, they sustain forever. The weight of an LP cries out for straplocks on a 3-4 inch leather strap, to protect your axe and back and watch those zippers and belt buckles!

Congrats........
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Pablo
    Pablo Posts: 723
    edited December 2007
    Very nice indeed. I'll have to pick up one of those one day myself. I have myself a strat and a epiphone sheraton II (which is my favorite). I also made one and am working on another. I also have bunch of crap (and old ephiphone, a few acoustics, classicals, assorted basses). The only problem is that I play like crap, but at least they look good hanging on the wall.

Enjoy it (and take care of it!).
    Denon AVR-3803
    RTi-70 Fronts
    FXi-30 Surrounds
    RTi-38 Back Surrounds
    Csi-40 Center
    PSW350 Sub
    Panasonic PT-56WXF95 HDTVSamsung un60JS8000 SUHD
    Denon DVD-2910
    Xbox, Gamecube, PS2, PS3, PS4, xbox360, Wii, WiiU, n64
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited December 2007
    Hey,

I'm a sax player. I did not realize there were so many musicians on this board! Do you guys gig, play for enjoyment? What kind of music are you playing? Blues, Rock Jazz...
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited December 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    If I didn't have a limited choice I would have gone with the Silverbust. Hands down the most beautiful guitars ever, in my opinion.

Yes, a great looking guitar. My LP Classic, vintage sunburst, was the daily player here for quite sometime until it was displaced by a parts-built Strat.

Sorry for the stock photo. I tried to grab a pic of it this morning and my digital camera batteries need a charge. My 5-year old gave me the laugh of the day. She saw it in the case and asked "is that Mommy's guitar?" I replied "no, why do you ask?" She said "because it (the case liner) is pink and fuzzy." :D

lpcsvs.jpg

Okay, batteries working: