NFL Network hosing cable subscribers / Discuss the GB-Dallas game live

2»

Comments

• billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,713
    edited November 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Cool, thank goodness there wasn't a thunderstorm tonight locally eh?

Yes, I loose my service about 3-4 times per year, usually only for 10 minutes or less during the MOST severe storms. These are almost always during the daytime or afternoon. In 3 years that I've had Directv, I've only missed about 3 minutes of programing that I was actually watching and cared about.

Back when I had cable, I would lose service just as, or more, frequently due to mysterious outages.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited November 2007
    I got the same results, choppy reception (with Time Warner). I'm glad I don't have to call to complain again. And BTW, Bryant Gumbel SUCKS! He said Marion Barber is the heart of the Green Bay offense. He butchered a couple more statements to boot. What NFL network moron decided to give him a job??
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited November 2007
    The announcing did suck last night, but the game was surely entertaining. Too bad I'm wholely into Fantasy Football and don't really even care which team wins the game these days. Oh well.

Hey, what channel was it on in HD? I tried to pick it up with my antenna in OTA-HD, but I wasn't getting anything on 7, 9, 27, 36, or whatever HD station it was on.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited November 2007
    Both of those guys calling it are my least favorite announcers. I think Penn & Teller could do a better job than they do plus Bryant Gumbel (sp?) has the personality of a flat tire. Just my $.02 of course.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • PADZZ
    PADZZ Posts: 83
    edited November 2007
    billbillw wrote: »
    Game looked great on Directv in HD!

Didn't it though. Looked better than usual for some reason.
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited November 2007
    game looked beautiful on my new tv with Dish Network in HD last night :)

I flipped over to the local news at 10 and the *Top Story* of the night was the Cowboys game and the cable flap. Slow day in the news I guess?
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited November 2007
    Congrats to the Cowboys on a hard fought game. I really hope we see them again when more of our key starters are playing. I think McCarthy was pretty shrewd in not taking that game with as much importance as the media played it off as and deciding against playing Gbaja-Biamila and Woodson last night. The game was far more important for the Cowboys than it was Green Bay, and I think that'll pay off in the long run.