Attitudes

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2007
    Well, there are quite a few instances of babies being born to crack whores who are born with aids cause their crack **** mother had aids. You insensitive ****. Im so offended I cant even make a crack about you going to A&M.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited November 2007
    Bob...
    Do or do not. There is no try.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited November 2007
    MacLeod wrote: »
    Well, there are quite a few instances of babies being born to crack whores who are born with aids cause their crack **** mother had aids. You insensitive ****. Im so offended I cant even make a crack about you going to A&M.

Ahhh...didnt know that. Man thatd suck to be a starving african AIDs baby with a crack **** mom...talk about bad luck...especially if you get punched.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited November 2007
    ....by Russ after 3 (or 10) handles of Beam. Then he/she would smell like Daddy. After an African bender.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited November 2007
    exalted512 wrote: »
    Ahhh...didnt know that. Man thatd suck to be a starving african AIDs baby with a crack **** mom...talk about bad luck...especially if you get punched.
    -Cody

lol..
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited November 2007
    Better punched than eaten.....
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited November 2007
    There are at least 5 new signature tag-lines/quotes in this thread, and I laughed my moobs off.

And when it all comes down to it, that's the meaning of life.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2007
    snow wrote: »
    I apologize for offending you with my apparent lack of offensive humor, Is this an bannable offense.:D

REGARDS SNOW

nah, but look at the **** you started...LOL
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2007
    Bob...
    Do or do not. There is no try.

Jesus, not with the Yoda ****.

Now I'm going to punch Dan. Then hide his boxcutter.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2007
    exalted512 wrote: »
    Honestly, what babies have AIDs...so how can you even possibly be offended?

Thats like saying Im going to Neptune and ripping blue man's center nut out of his left ear...and then you be offended...
    -Cody

i assume you are a young man.. without children. what if your child had AIDS or some other illness that affected them to the point that they may die before the reach the age of 6 or earlier.

Making jokes about dead cats is fine. even someone as PC as me, has a sense of humor. Joke about dogs being run over by a steam roller. I don't give a rats ****. but joking about helpless kids that didn't do anything wrong but be born into this world with a death sentence is just downright insensitive.

go ahead make all the jokes you want till it suddenly hits home. Maybe it's not AIDS that hits your child, maybe they get killed by a drunk driver or kidnapped.. is that funny now?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited November 2007
    Lighten up folks. There are WAY more serious issues to deal with than this. If everybody put their passion toward the real issues and not rebuttal to jokes, the world may make some progress. ;)
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited November 2007
    I saw someone at Walmart

That had an extremely large nose...

It was ALMOST as big my head - and I have a HUGE noggin....

I've offended myself
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited November 2007
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Lighten up folks. There are WAY more serious issues to deal with than this. If everybody put their passion toward the real issues and not rebuttal to jokes, the world may make some progress. ;)
    Agreed I think we all have posted our oppinions on this subject. The statements made earlier im certain were meant in a sarcastic way, not as to how people actually feel in real life. lets move on its not worth fighting over and certainly not something I am going to crying to daddy justin about as suggested in a PM to me earlier by a member here.:rolleyes:

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited November 2007
    Sorry, I missed most of the responses. I was out clubbing baby seals just for the hell of it. You should have seen it! Baby seals everywhere with X's for eyes and tongues hanging out! Made all the AIDS babies cry. I told them to stop crying 'cause at least RuSsMaN was in Africa punching AIDS babies in the face and didn't make it to Alaska to punch the scurvy Eskimo babies yet! I also told them that they should be thankful they aren't in Florida where cops kick puppies! It was odd, it just made them cry more, I thought they would be happy! Guess not.

Sid, I too am offended by your head AND the insinuation that it is the size of a nose.

I'm also offended by monkeys...and cheese come to think of it. Oh yeah, and those little balls of lint that get stuck in the bottoms of the pockets of my jeans after they are washed, yeah, those are offensive too.

Yeah, I'm so offended, I need my beer! Where's my beer? Who took my beer? Lousy beer thieves! Better go get me another one! Maybe two, in case one breaks!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,673
    edited November 2007
    danger boy wrote: »
    Making jokes about dead cats is fine.

Oh ..... I ...... never ! :eek:
    danger boy wrote:
    Joke about dogs being run over by a steam roller. I don't give a rats ****.

Oh .... I ..... uhm ..... okay. That's okay. We'll allow that.

danger boy wrote:
    go ahead make all the jokes you want till it suddenly hits home. Maybe it's not AIDS that hits your child, maybe they get killed by a drunk driver or kidnapped.. is that funny now?

Well ........ just a second.....

"Hey guys ! Watch out, Darla's letting that GD Dexter drive again !

dexter.jpg

And it looks like she's letting Sophie behind the wheel now, too !!! :eek:

sophie.jpg

.... as I was saying ...... just a second ....

Yeah, I know, I know. But what do you expect from Sophie ? She's a woman driver, fer chrissake !

.... where was I ? Oh yeah, you asked, "Is that funny now ?".
    Well ..... depends.
    Are we talking about both kids, or just one ?
    Both kids wouldn't be as funny, but one .... well, that'd be pretty darn funny, I think.

That's assuming, of course, that I get to ride with them in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.

So I could punch them in the face.
    Sal Palooza
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited November 2007
    You guys are nuts!:D
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2007
    Some of you guys need to stop watching so much Oprah.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited November 2007
    I saw someone at Walmart

That had an extremely large nose...

It was ALMOST as big my head - and I have a HUGE noggin....

I've offended myself

HEY!! Thats my big **** nose you're talking about! And your noggin is huge! And i don't like people in general!
    So There! PM sent to Matt Polk and I just kicked my kids!
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited November 2007
    TroyD wrote: »

BDT

Watch it? Some people need to be on it.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2007
    Didn't the Kinks do a song called/based on Attitude???

RT1
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited November 2007
    i assume you are a young man.. without children. what if your child had AIDS or some other illness that affected them to the point that they may die before the reach the age of 6 or earlier.
    If I, or my significant other has AIDS, which I dont plan on anytime soon...were not going to have kids...and if we do...I'll punch him in the face.

I promise you, no starving African AIDS baby is going to read this and be offended.

-Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited November 2007
    Attitude is everything, I'm a firm believer. There is no such thing as "luck" bad or good. It all depends on how you handle events in your life, and wether you learn from them, or just choose to get bitter when things get tough. The latter is just cutting your nose off, despite your face. Attitude/kharma go hand-in-hand. I can't think of a single situation that was made better by a bad attitude--can you?
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • ohskigod
    edited November 2007

Making jokes about dead cats is fine. even someone as PC as me, has a sense of humor. Joke about dogs being run over by a steam roller. I don't give a rats ****. but joking about helpless kids that didn't do anything wrong but be born into this world with a death sentence is just downright insensitive.

if there is a constant in life, its that people are going to annoy/offend you. you can enact all the PC and decency laws you want, its human nature. people offend people because they are not like the other person.

you can not force people to be tolerant and/or inoffensive. Its the reason the whole PC movement has actually made racial/gender/sexual orientation etc tension exponentially worse.

my position is, someone hates someone because there green = who cares, but someone hates someone who is green, and there for ties him to the bumper of there truck and drives em around town = bad, and subject to severe punishment for the act.

Tolerance is, and always will be, a 2 way street

I've had dear loved ones die from cancer, doesnt mean I freak when someone cracks a cancer joke. Hell, I crack cancer jokes. I dont let it affect me. the loved ones dying affected me, not someone's stupid joke. this allows me to wander through life a much more happy person

oh, and to everyone, whoever told snow to pm Justin should be ashamed of themselves. not as much for wanting to report something this stupid to Justin, but for PM'ing someone to do it instead of doing it yourself. People need to lighten up, eeesh
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited November 2007
    steveinaz wrote: »
    I can't think of a single situation that was made better by a bad attitude--can you?

I dunno. The A-Team might beg to differ! Whenever B.A. Barackus got angry, "things" happened to people.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2007
    Im so offended I cant even make a crack

Crack kills, always be careful when handling any crack.

In a reel pinch though I have been able to make some sort of crack out of most things.

RT1
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited November 2007
    Digital cables make no difference...

..oops wrong thread...
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,673
    edited November 2007
    TroyD wrote: »

BDT

Oprah's hot. I'd punch her in the gizzard.
    Sal Palooza
  • ohskigod
    edited November 2007
    jakelm wrote: »
    Digital cables make no difference...

..oops wrong thread...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    someone hates someone because there green = who cares, but someone hates someone who is green, and there for ties him to the bumper of there truck and drives em around town = bad, and subject to severe punishment for the act.

I dont know, there is something to be said for tying an environmentalist to a truck and.......and you meant skin color. My bad.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • ohskigod
    edited November 2007
    I dont know, there is something to be said for tying an environmentalist to a truck and.......and you meant skin color. My bad.

NICE!

guess I should have clarified that............green = fictitious non offensive skin color, in regards to that post :D:D:D:D
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -