Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2007
    Face wrote:
    Things are really starting to get interesting around here. :D

I thought exactly the opposite....seems pretty boring lately. Of course there are only about 6 people that I haven't put on my ignore list. That could be part of the problem.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited November 2007
    Hey wheres all the support for the other guy that got banned? :D

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited November 2007
    disneyjoe7 wrote: »
    Demi, my comment is meant to Russman. I don't care for his heavy handed post or actions.

:confused:

I've bitched about **** getting deleted before, too. I just know in the end they can do whatever the hell they want to do. This is one of the mostly lightly moderated boards I have ever been to. So your comment about isn't this still America is what I was commenting on.

Oh, and I beat Jesse to the ban-wagon, so.... 100.gif
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited November 2007
    Jesse, you rock bro' and we look forward to having you back. ;) Admittedly, I was shocked to see "that word" under his name. Enjoy your vacation and if you feel the need to talk shop about audio, call me as I know that you will self-destruct if you can't talk shop about audio. It's what you do. TTY soon

OK, I'm done.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Jesse is fine, relax. It was bound to happen to one of us eventually and I'm actually pretty jealous.

Now this is what we need, more humor around this place, so many serious faces lately. Although that Darth Maul thingy could wack a few things off.

A Stupid thing is a Stupid thing no matter how you want to spin it. One other little thing.........it's Our Club. Consider it just a forum and well, you see what you get.

RT1-still annoyed, trying to get over it, looking for my Xanax.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited November 2007
    All thats important is that its temporary....we have all been slapped on the wrist before ...its how you bounce back from that slap is what really matters and defines your character.

For Polk to take this action I am sure it was well deserved by both parties...look how long Polk put up with Ka7's **** towards the end and he was TRYING to cause ****....both of these guys are contributing members who are worth having ( And want to most likely) stick around. You just learn from your mistakes and move on.

The number one thing you have to remember is this....Its the INTERNET folks...it always has been and always will be different then real life...realize that and it will become a much better experience.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited November 2007
    I just joined to get Polk parts cheaper...:p

and look at me now, a Polkologist....:D
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2007
    The number one thing you have to remember is this....Its the INTERNET folks...it always has been and always will be different then real life...realize that and it will become a much better experience.

Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited November 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »

Self portrait?
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2007
    I only dream about being THAT badass.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2007
    the drop down plastic nad protector is my personal favorite :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • shadowofnight
    edited November 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    the drop down plastic nad protector is my personal favorite :D

Hahaha...I am sure that would be the most used part of the body armor when he rolled up ( Literally for his fat **** ) into the bingo hall thinking it was a LAN party :D
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,673
    edited November 2007
    Well ..... the cat's still bummed out.

The squirrels aren't doing much better.

squirrels.jpg

Trying to be tactful here. I hope it's working.

:(
    Sal Palooza
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited November 2007
    Would it be possible to ban me from the flea market?

lol

I'm being 90% serious hahaha
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • shadowofnight
    edited November 2007
    Well ..... the cat's still bummed out.

The squirrels aren't doing much better.

squirrels.jpg

Trying to be tactful here. I hope it's working.

:(

Thats just a squirrel gettin a nut.....
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited November 2007
    I think that Jesse should drive around to all the active CP member's home's for a meet and greet. If you were to judge him by his posts, at least since I've been hanging around here, you'd be doing yourself and him a dis-service. When I first started posting here, after I got my 2B's, I saw that he really knew SDAs. I trusted what he said to be correct, and it has been. When he offered to come to my home, which is (I think) about an hour away from mine, I was at first blown away with the kindness of a stranger. Then the fear set in. I was scared, and not just because some guy I met on the internet was coming to my house. I thought he was going to tell me how much of an effing moron I was, how I hadn't listened to the advice he'd given, basically treat me like his posts come across on the internet sometime. When he got there I was babbling like a little girl. You can ask him, I sounded like an idiot. After talking to him for a couple of minutes, I realized how mistaken I was. He's one of the nicest, most genuinely helpful people I've met. He showed me what I had done wrong when I built my AI-1, gave me a few pointers about the speakers, we listened to some music for a bit, it was cool.
    Anyway, I don't know exactly what I'm trying to get across; I guesss I'm hoping it helps put some perspective on things.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited November 2007
    I've met him several times in person. Each time, I just wanted to run my fingers through his hair.
    No excuses!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited November 2007
    shack wrote: »
    I certainly have an opinion....ONE of the two participants has been on my ignore list for a while as I considered his posts to be completely worthless and didn't even want to waste the time to scoll over them.

AMEN to that!!!!!! I was away for a few days not checking the forum all that regularly because of teh Hoilday and reallt crappy sinus infection and I couldn't believe it. Banned for what goes on in a PM, no less.

The "other" offender is an instigator and I had already written him off as a waste of time too.

It's a shame to see someone who has contributed so much for so long get this kind of treatment. I didn't always agree with his tactics, but he was doing what he though nec. to keep things rolling along.

I'm annoyed as well

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited November 2007
    shack wrote: »
    I thought exactly the opposite....seems pretty boring lately. Of course there are only about 6 people that I haven't put on my ignore list. That could be part of the problem.

Have to agree again, the noobs (for lack of a better word) keep rehashing the same tired questions. No one seems to know how to use the search feature. I for one am tired of constantly repeating myself and lately there hasn't been anything interseting going on, sans the ban.

It seems to get that way aroudn this time every year. *shrug*

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited November 2007
    I can't believe it was Jesse and not me. I hope he's laughing his nuts off at being #1.

What's with the animousity towards the Carver forum? I can assure you, it has never been displayed over there towards this forum.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited November 2007
    OOOOOHHHHHHHHHH NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
    CCCCCCCAAAAAABBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEESSSSSSSS?

LOL

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2007
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    I've met him several times in person. Each time, I just wanted to run my fingers through his hair.

Yeah, lemme know how that works out for you.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited November 2007
    In support of Jessie let's all of us add Silverti to our ignore list.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• ohskigod
    edited November 2007
    I can't believe it was Jesse and not me. I hope he's laughing his nuts off at being #1.

What's with the animousity towards the Carver forum? I can assure you, it has never been displayed over there towards this forum.

I think they just meant they didnt want Jesse to get pissed and hang over at Carver full time.

not to say there arent some Carver haters here :D, more toward Carver itself and not the forum

on a related note, I havent been on the Carver forum in a dogs age, i should check in
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited November 2007
    Private forum or not, I say DOWN WITH CENSORSHIP.

I am sure that the Klipsch forum would love to have former Polk Audio enthusiasts buying their speakers.

The problem with disciplining a customer is that the customer ALWAYS has the final say.
  • ohskigod
    edited November 2007
    Jesse, come back asap bud, miss ya already :)
    would love to see the thread I apparently missed and PM's.

There's always going to be those guys that revel in starting trouble. The fact that one of our regulars got banned along with him probably thrilled him to no end.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2007
    what is up.... Anyone hear from Troy d....
    I am his MOM remember me..

Hi mom! Ignore these degenerates.

#2 Son
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • ohskigod
    edited November 2007
    rskarvan wrote: »
    Private forum or not, I say DOWN WITH CENSORSHIP.

I am sure that the Klipsch forum would love to have former Polk Audio enthusiasts buying their speakers.

The problem with disciplining a customer is that the customer ALWAYS has the final say.

Polk does have some responsibility to make sure things dont get too heated. I'm sure we all agree as others have said, the moderation and infringement is minimal. Justin took the broad stroke approach to put out a fire, the broad stroke was used because he felt it had to be done fast.

I dont agree with it, but i understand the position it came from.

just goes to show that if someone stirs the pot, dont give him the satisfaction of reacting to it, because its what he wants. I'm not preaching here, because lord knows I am guilty of it on occasion, as are many of us.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited November 2007
    No fighting. It's stupid. Now let's all move on, yay!

~J
This discussion has been closed.