Minimum 25 post's to post in polk's FS section...

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited November 2007
    I will and if I don't get my way, I'll email Justin and KAB all the harassing PM's you sent me. ;)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited November 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    It seems that when I say some of the things said above by fellow members that I get yelled at for it, so for today the only thing I have to say about this subject is, no comment.

Hi Justin :)
    I am trying to remember where I heard the line in your signature at Jesse. Is it the doors?

And sometimes newbies dont have anything to sell, they only say they have some rare lusted after item to get a little attention and get the forum in an uproar. ;)

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited November 2007
    snow wrote: »
    And sometimes newbies dont have anything to sell, they only say they have some rare lusted after item to get a little attention and get the forum in an uproar. ;)

REGARDS SNOW

And sometimes they don't say "just kidding" until payment has been sent....
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,621
    edited November 2007
    It seems that when I say some of the things said above by fellow members that I get yelled at for it, so for today the only thing I have to say about this subject is, no comment.

That's because you are an audio role model and as such must conform to a higher level of "niceness" than your standard "Joe" Polkie. :D
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited November 2007
    snow wrote: »
    I am trying to remember where I heard the line in your signature at Jesse. Is it the doors?

REGARDS SNOW

Yep,,"I believe it's a line from "Riders on the Storm",,,by the Doors
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited November 2007
    Did somebody call for the Sheriff?:p
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2007
    No, I think that was F1 looking for his fuzzy handcuffs (for what, I have no idea)

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited November 2007
    newbies who babble on and on and on trying to impress/show how much they think they know and how little others know or how wrong others are then complain when some folks call them on their BS..................

useless factoid----Riders on the Storm is in the key of Em. Like a dog without a bone.....
  • george daniel
    edited November 2007
    ,,an actor out alone,,;)
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited November 2007
    Door suck, fly Jefferson Airplane
  • george daniel
    edited November 2007
    JA is good,, but you are kidding about the Doors,,,right?
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited November 2007
    Whateverer wrote: »
    I hope it dosent go to 100 posts!!

I guess I could partisapate some more its just that I go to other audio forums and would just post stuff there.

Post some near nekid chicks in the 'Babe' thread. ;)
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,673
    edited November 2007
    John in MA wrote: »
    Door suck, fly Jefferson Airplane

".......and the Lizard King did arise from his grave, and smote the pagan heathan with a mighty blow, and the children of the land were safe once again."

....or something like that.

Okay, Jefferson Airplane turned into Jefferson Starship, but still ......
    ....."We Built This City" ..... oh my gawd ..... even Jim Morrison turned over in his grave on that one.

:rolleyes:
    Sal Palooza
  • tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited November 2007
    I hope they change the min to 100 posts.

IMO if you come here just to sell something then you don't deserve to be here anyways. There is a reason this place is called a forum, the FS section is just something on the side that we buy/sell to people we trust.

This isn't ebay. Polk doesn't get paid to list products. If you really can't discuss an audio topic(or ask ?'s), then I feel you really shouldn't be aloud to buy/sell products.

I'm not pointing you two out or anything. You guys have actually been much better with the post limit then others ( need I say ////), but we like for you to understand why there is a post limit and why some of us feel it should be raised.

Tommyboy
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited November 2007

Rock on Jesse! You're just looking out for the loyal Polkies and we respect you for it!!!;)

Rider on the Storm
    Carl

• PFKMan23
    PFKMan23 Posts: 13
    edited November 2007
    I have a WTB that I'd love to do, but as a newer member its totally understandable. I've been on other forums where a person's first post is a FS post and it's really annoying.
  • Roy Munson
    Roy Munson Posts: 886
    edited November 2007
    The human race was dying out

no one left to scream and shout

people walking on the moon

smog will get you pretty soon
    2 Channel:
    Amp/Parasound Halo A23
    Pre/Carver C-1
    Tuner/Carver TX-11a
    CDP/Jolida JD 100A
    Turntable/AR XB-Shure V15 III
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited November 2007
    I will and if I don't get my way, I'll email Justin and KAB all the harassing PM's you sent me. ;)

That's it I've had enough! I'm doing the same, but I'm sending them you harassing PMs, but I'm Labeling them as BaggedLancer being the sender.
    Oh, Welcome Whatever And Jeffdude
  • jephdood
    jephdood Posts: 1,671
    edited November 2007
    Thanks for the welcome.

Oh, hey! I'm over 25 posts!

Time to list my crap and dust you all!

:p:D:p
    "I did not slap you. I high-fived your face."
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited November 2007
    JA is good,, but you are kidding about the Doors,,,right?

I think the Doors were good, but I never could force myself to like the music. The lack of a bass player was a real problem for me.

Once you get past the popular stuff they play on the radio, JA always had some pretty remarkable musuc.

The "We Built This City" wasn't even Jefferson Starship, it was Starship. Grace Slick was the only original member and she was just hanging on to pay the bills.
  • Roy Munson
    edited November 2007
    Usually the Doors only lacked a bass player when playing live. Ray Manzarek used peddle notes on the organ to simulate bass at live gigs but on most of their studio stuff they had a bass player.

The Doors were a great band. Although they had a lot of success I believe they are one of the most underrated bands of the late 60's.
    2 Channel:
    Amp/Parasound Halo A23
    Pre/Carver C-1
    Tuner/Carver TX-11a
    CDP/Jolida JD 100A
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited November 2007
    Roy Munson wrote: »
    Usually the Doors only lacked a bass player when playing live. Ray Manzarek used peddle notes on the organ to simulate bass at live gigs but on most of their studio stuff they had a bass player.

The Doors were a great band. Although they had a lot of success I believe they are one of the most underrated bands of the late 60's.

sessions man? Munson....
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited November 2007
    You should have to Karma something for your 25 post, that would definitely weed out the folks just here to sell crap.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited November 2007
    Sylvester Stewart (Sly Stone) was a recording engineer in the Bay area. He did, or was at one of JA's first recording sessions and felt that they would go nowhere.

Goes to show you can have one HELLUVA band, and not be right about it all.
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited November 2007
    Goes to show you can have one HELLUVA band, and not be right about it all.

Yea.......go ask Alice...........When she's ten foot tall.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • Roy Munson
    edited November 2007
    lightman1 wrote: »
    sessions man? Munson....

If you're asking who played bass in the studio there were many one of which was Jerry Scheff. [played for Elvis] I heard that guitarist Lonnie Mack played bass on several cuts but I don't now if that's true or what songs he played on.

Edit: Did a Google search and came up with these:

Bob Glaub
    Jack Conrad
    Chris Ethridge
    Charles Larkey
    Leland "Lee" Sklar
    Ray Neapolitan
    Wolfgang Melz
    Willie Ruff
    Kerry Magness
    Leroy Vinnegar
    Doug Lubahn
    2 Channel:
    Amp/Parasound Halo A23
    Pre/Carver C-1
    Tuner/Carver TX-11a
    CDP/Jolida JD 100A
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,673
    edited November 2007
    John in MA wrote: »
    The "We Built This City" wasn't even Jefferson Starship, it was Starship. Grace Slick was the only original member and she was just hanging on to pay the bills.

Well, checking in the memory stack, I see that ...... uhm ...... you're right !

But, based upon the fact that at that point Jefferson Starship/Starship Jefferson/Jeffersons-Movin'-On-Up-To-The-East-Side/Whoever were beyond redemption, I'm going to give myself half-credit.

..... and, therefore, technically not wrong.

:rolleyes:
    Sal Palooza
  • capecodder
    capecodder Posts: 613
    edited November 2007
    How the heck did a (modest) rant about needing (or not) 25 posts turn into a Doors/Jeff Airplane/Jeff Starship/Starship chat ???:p

Hell, I'll jump in. I recently listened to my newly aquired "Worst (best) of JA" lp and forgot how damn good it and they (Airplane ONLY!) were.
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited November 2007
    They are trying to up their post count.:D
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited November 2007
    What? Upping post count? THAT's the point of this meaningless, inappropriate, distasteful thread??

Ok, I'm in.

:D:D

And just to make sure my post is kosher...

Integrated.jpg

:D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520