Minimum 25 post's to post in polk's FS section...

Whateverer
Whateverer Posts: 57
edited November 2007 in The Clubhouse
Really sucks. I have some polk stuff to part out but can't post it in the FS because I don't have enough posts. I could understand maybe a 5 post min but I think 25 is to high. I keep looking around trying to find something to post and just not really finding anything and I don't want to just start posting useless crap..

/rant
Post edited by Whateverer on

Comments

• wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited November 2007
    Whateverer wrote: »
    Really sucks. I have some polk stuff to part out but can't post it in the FS because I don't have enough posts. I could understand maybe a 5 post min but I think 25 is to high. I keep looking around trying to find something to post and just not really finding anything and I don't want to just start posting useless crap..

/rant

Well that is admirable compared to some of the jokers who have come through here. Just be patient and welcome.:)
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • jephdood
    jephdood Posts: 1,671
    edited November 2007
    I'm in the same situation.

Oh look! One post closer! :)
    "I did not slap you. I high-fived your face."
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited November 2007
    Welcome Whatever & Jep!

You have the right idea Jep, just keep going & soon you will be there.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • capecodder
    capecodder Posts: 613
    edited November 2007
    At least he's honest/direct. welcome.
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited November 2007
    Understand that the point is to encourage participation in the forum and discourage people from registering just to try and dump gear in the flea market. This forum has historically been a pretty tight community and that aspect is something that's very important to many of us "regulars" here, and to Polk as well I think.

You're doing the right thing as far as NOT posting a bunch of worthless junk just so you can post in the flea market. 25 is really not a lot- There's bound to be some question you would genuinely like to ask or a topic that you're interested in discussing. If not, and you're really just in a hurry to sell something, then E-bay is a better bet.

Jason
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited November 2007
    Welcome aboard.

How bout starting a thread in the clubhouse introducing yourself. Maybe with a list of what you have (audio wise), what you use it for and what you like and don't like about what you have.

Get to know a few people and you will be more comfortable jumping into threads.

Just a suggestion.

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited November 2007
    Just stick around and contribute when you can.

And don't get put off by some of the members who think newbies need to be hazed through abuse.
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited November 2007
    You mean newbies don't need to be hazed?? I thought that's how the bad ones got weeded-out.

"through abuse" .. Oh, I see..
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited November 2007
    Be careful, word has it that the minimum might be raised to one hundred. You do not understand because you are a new member of this forum, but there is a reason we have rules for membership here. "Protection" for the buyer and seller should do for now. Stick around and you'll find out why.

I do find it hard to believe that between the clubhouse, 2-channel, car audio, music and movies you can't find anything that you have a comment about, useful information about or at least something to say. Jephdood has the idea.

How a new member who has something they want to sell reacts or responds to following the rules has a direct bearing to whether or not said item gets sold here or not. Seen it too many times. Relax. be patient, join into the discussions, learn, teach and become a member of a great forum and what it can offer you. Since you are new, you don't even realize the benefits either. Again, stick around and you'll find out why.

If not, take it to flea bay as we are not a dumping ground, we are a membership. Welcome to the forum, BTW. ;)
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited November 2007

/rant
    Well you got 10 posts on the RT crossover thread one more topic and your there at that rate. You have been a member for almost a month now so its not like you said lol or //// 25 times in a day to get to 25. Welcome btw :)

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • Whateverer
    edited November 2007
    I hope it dosent go to 100 posts!!

I guess I could partisapate some more its just that I go to other audio forums and would just post stuff there.

I'm not in to much of a hurry to sell the stuff which is one reason I kinda wanted to post it here rather then ebay. So when ever someone came along that was looking for something I had they could find it.
  • snow
    edited November 2007
    Post in the thankgsgiving threads that will get you 3 or 4 closer quick like, post a pic in the post a picture thread and one in the joke thread and your almost there. comment on someone elses thread about your experience regarding an amp or speaker and your at 25. No need to impresswith some lengthy speech on how atomic particles react in a speaker wire or some such to get there, just be yourself and it will happen quick.

regards snow
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • Roy Munson
    Roy Munson Posts: 886
    edited November 2007
    Usually the only people that complain about the 25 post limit are the ones that come here to sell something and leave. Personally I think the minimum should be higher, but that's just me.

Welcome to the forum and if you truly like it here and intend on staying you'll have enough posts to sell in the flea market before you know it.
    2 Channel:
    Amp/Parasound Halo A23
    Pre/Carver C-1
    Tuner/Carver TX-11a
    CDP/Jolida JD 100A
    Turntable/AR XB-Shure V15 III
  • Whateverer
    edited November 2007
    I would probably feel the same way if I where more of a regular member with a decent post count. Ive seen many forum classifieds be taken over with bad sellers so it really is a good thing.

Just a bit frustrating on my part.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited November 2007
    Just a bit frustrating on my part.
    We are not denying that.

If you are a member of other audio forums, why are you wanting to sell here? Not confronting, just curious. I mean, wouldn't it be easier to sell where you are an established member and folks already know you?
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • AdamRagland
    AdamRagland Posts: 521
    edited November 2007
    treitz3 wrote: »
    We are not denying that.

If you are a member of other audio forums, why are you wanting to sell here? Not confronting, just curious. I mean, wouldn't it be easier to sell where you are an established member and folks already know you?

uh..because we rock? :D

whatever- i know how you feel man, i can remember when i first joined i just was looking for gear to buy..but as i started to participate and get to know some of the people..well lets just say the clubpolk forum is now my homepage for my browser :)
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited November 2007
    poplk stuff for sale...
    Polk forum

1+1=treitz3...!!!

hahaha...I made a funny !!

j/k

carry on..gents

whatever, welcome anyway....
    I mean, whatever er...welcome

whatever...nevermind...as you were

(meds kickin in):rolleyes:
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2007
    If you're just here to sell something...take it to e-bay or whatever. If it were up to me (and it's not) it would be 50-100 posts and a minimum of 90 days before someone could sell something in the FM.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited November 2007
    Welcome! Sometimes there's nothing to post or respond to. At other times, you end up spending over an hour on the forum and your post count goes up to 50. 25 is nothing. Just don't start posting...

///
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,673
    edited November 2007
    snow wrote: »
    No need to impresswith some lengthy speech on how atomic particles react in a speaker wire or some such to get there, just be yourself and it will happen quick.
    regards snow

I disagree.

I think Whatever should give a complete dissertation on the effects of quarks and muons on both copper wires and cables (Cat 5 cables will count for extra credit) at frequencies from 5 hz to 22 Khz.

Then detail definitively why Zune is better than Ipod.

Than he can explain why I felt I had to eat so much gd turkey tonight that my gizzard's ready to explode.

BTW, Whatever; when you post, if you attach a picture that contains a cat, it will count double towards your 25 post goal.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aqsRktXKqck&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aqsRktXKqck&rel=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

See, that counts as two posts.

Welcome, and hang in there. :)
    Sal Palooza
  • snow
    edited November 2007
    Its interesting reading the different ideas and oppinions from all sides the newbie that wants to sell his or her item, the oldtimer who has seen good deals and bad deals with newcomers.

I have noticed a common theme on a lot of different forums especially the specialized ones like here and the Klipsch forum, the Jbl forum, the carver forum etc.

Lots of times newcomers come thinking that since they have some item/s that relates to the brand name, the the members there want and need there item/s.

Sometimes thats true sometimes its not. I have read a 100 times, statements like ive come here to sell because I want it to go to a Jbl, Klipsch, Carver, etc lover.

Usally what it really means is that I have come here because I stand a great chance of selling it quickly and for a premium without the hassle and costs associated with auction sites.

It makes sense if you have an item to go where the largest number of collectors of that item are right?

In reality though usally the item/s that the newcomer has is are not highly sought after or rare and most true collectors allready have one and are looking for a bargian, not to pay full price even if it was rare.

The ones that stick around here wind up getting some great deals themseves. Most of the items sold in the FM are priced well below whatever current market value is.

I sold an item to a polkie earlier today for far less than its actual value is for example. I sold a similar item on ebay for double what it costs him. In reality I lost money on this deal by the time I ship it. Its no big deal he needed it I didnt. You will see this a lot here if you stick around.

We also have karmas usally at least once a month or more most months, where a member will give something away totally free of charge in a drawing.
    I have never seen this anywhere else. We take care of our own and its a real fun place to be, stick around you will like it here.

REGARDS SNOW
  • snow
    edited November 2007
    I disagree.

I think Whatever should give a complete dissertation on the effects of quarks and muons on both copper wires and cables (Cat 5 cables will count for extra credit) at frequencies from 5 hz to 22 Khz.

Then detail definitively why Zune is better than Ipod.

Than he can explain why I felt I had to eat so much gd turkey tonight that my gizzard's ready to explode.

BTW, Whatever; when you post, if you attach a picture that contains a cat, it will count double towards your 25 post goal.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aqsRktXKqck&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aqsRktXKqck&rel=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

See, that counts as two posts.

Welcome, and hang in there. :)
    Woo Hoo :D Here ya go. Click on the first pic to see the kitty drink lol

REGARDS SNOW
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited November 2007
    what kind of freak lets a cat eat the "t" day bird like that ?

they should both be slapped with that drumstick !!

bastage...!

bad kitty !!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • jephdood
    edited November 2007
    Well, I don't own any Polks. (Not to say that might change with the next iteration of LSI's, however). But this forum seems very free and easy.. unlike some others that seem to be ruled with an iron fist.

What I was going to list wasn't anything big.. just some of my CD's to start with.. but it can wait.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited November 2007
    It seems that when I say some of the things said above by fellow members that I get yelled at for it, so for today the only thing I have to say about this subject is, no comment.

Hi Justin :)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jephdood
    edited November 2007
    As one of the 'noobs', I can certainly see why the restriction is in place. The "5 posts" suggested above doesn't seem to be nearly enough to ward off those looking for a 'freebee' classifieds listing on a high traffic audio site. But, the 100 also mentioned seems a bit too high. I just don't have that much to say. :)
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    It seems that when I say some of the things said above by fellow members that I get yelled at for it, so for today the only thing I have to say about this subject is, no comment.

Hi Justin :)

Quit yer bitching and shuffle your **** to the back of the bus as quietly as possible.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited November 2007
    I'm offended, I have rights, I complaining to the PC police. The Sheriff too!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited November 2007
    Shack's right, and so is Jesse, because I know what he'd say.

The majority of the people that register here do so because they have something to say or ask, at least at first. You guys just have something to sell according to this thread. That's great and all, but the Flea Market has always been a privledge on this forum and not a right.

That doesn't make any of you bad people, but it does make you like anyone else on the internet -- complete unknowns. There are guys here I can trust throwing a couple grand to without blinking. Why? Maybe a question you should ponder.

Not evey new guy gets 'hazed' that I have seen. You just see all the complaining about the ones that do, usually because they open themselves up for it by being nozzles right off the bat. This whole kids gloves stuff with regards to this forum is only going to result in someone getting screwed because nobody is weeding out the dumbasses before they have a chance to pull the wool over on someones eyes.

The fact that we were all new at one point should tell you something. There's a right and wrong way to approach a forum. ;)
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2007
    Lemme know how that works out for ya (in reference to F1 complaining about is rights)

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut