Grrrr.

2»

Comments

• shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited November 2007
    Face wrote: »
    A lot of the time the department push it's use. It's non-lethal force that reduces the chance of physical harm to the Officer and the perp.

Thats the real problem...the taser manufacturers have pushed their product as non-lethal...when in fact many healthy/sober/non-drugged individuals have been dying from their use. The problem lies in the fact that the taser deployment only leaves a few tiny burn marks...it doesnt leave a record of how many voltage deployments the officer administered ( This is only kept internally inside the taser gun itself )

Multiple voltage deployments is sadistic and what is killing most of these individuals ( We have all seen the instant effects of a taser application....If you cannot handcuff/subdue an individual during the effects of the initial voltage application...you have no business being a police officer ...period )
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited November 2007
    Face wrote: »
    A lot of the time the department push it's use. It's non-lethal force that reduces the chance of physical harm to the Officer and the perp.

If you have to put your hands on them and they resist...you can use it. I did not watch the video but refusing to sign a ticket is an arrestable offense. If someone doesn't want to go and resists, Light 'im up. There's no reason we should have to get hurt for knuckleheads.

Just saw the video. Totally justifiable. When a police officer gives you a lawful order and tells you you are under arrest, saying no is not an option. Could the officer have physically taken him into custody? Maybe but they give us the taser so we don't have to. The driver is an idiot.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2007
    How'd we get off the sex offender?

Darla if I were to tackle a sex offender who just exposed himself to my 10 year old and hold him down (giving him a shot in the mouth every so often cause he trying to get loose:D) until the police arrive, can I be arrested for assault & battery?
  • dholmes
    dholmes Posts: 1,136
    edited November 2007
    Hey next time you mow take your weed-eater & wack his pe#ker off
    My HT set-up Panasonic front proj, 120 in ws screen, ATI amp,Integra 9.8 pre-pro, 2 Polk rti150, cp 1000, 4 fx 1000, Pioneer blu-ray 2 SVS sub pb 12-ultra 2, & Paragon popcorn popper. ps 3 Coaster leather HT recliners.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2007

Darla if I were to tackle a sex offender who just exposed himself to my 10 year old and hold him down (giving him a shot in the mouth every so often cause he trying to get loose:D) until the police arrive, can I be arrested for assault & battery?

tackle and detain, since he certainly represents a threat to your son (and you) at the time, your probably cool. Once he is on the ground, and perhaps no longer a threat (i.e. you squating 200 and then some pounds on him, probably immobilizing him) then pounding on his face for fun......then it gets dicey from a legal standpoint.

but i have a feeling if that hapenned, your not going to think about. so instead of new gear, it goes to bail money..........whatever :D

dude, not for nothing, but if there was witnesses (kids included) who have seen this guy do it, how is he not in a heep of legal trouble? especially if there is more than one (I think thats what you said, I could be wrong)
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • shadowofnight
    edited November 2007

Joe, you said he lives 3 houses away ? Would your son be walking by his house from school ( Or playing with neighbor kids a few houses down) on a daily basis or is this **** over by your house ?
  • shadowofnight
    edited November 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    tackle and detain, since he certainly represents a threat to your son (and you) at the time, your probably cool. Once he is on the ground, and perhaps no longer a threat (i.e. you squating 200 and then some pounds on him, probably immobilizing him) then pounding on his face for fun......then it gets dicey from a legal standpoint.
    Yeah....keep away from the face punches...a choke hold gone wrong while detaining looks much much better. :p
  • ohskigod
    edited November 2007
    god forbid that guys esposes himself, follow through hard on the legal route and fight the urge to pound the guy. Far better in the long run to put him in jail and out of the neighborhood.

I know that would be easier said then done, especially if the guy was dumb enough to do it with you nearby (there are dumb people on the planet though)

having that guy so close, you might want to get the neighbors (especially with kids) together and have a meeting about it, just to see where everyone is. having good communication between the neighbors might increase the safety factor quite a bit.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2007
    Joe, you said he lives 3 houses away ? Would your son be walking by his house from school ( Or playing with neighbor kids a few houses down) on a daily basis or is this **** over by your house ?

My boy is forbidden to even walk by or ride his bike by this guys house. He walks around his house in Richard Simmons shorts, you know the kind that your jewels hang out of. The police told him that as much illegal as him walking around naked and standing in front of a window with children present. . . he still wears the shorts. He won't walk past my house. I live on a big circle and he takes the other side of the circle to get to the main street.

I have a website in my favorites that show all registered sex offenders in the US. I just can't seem to find it right now. I will post it when I do. Just to let you know practically everywhere there are dozens of these guys homes pinpointed on the map.

Sorry for the derail Ron.

Back to our reguarly scheduled thread.
  • ohskigod
    edited November 2007
    . He won't walk past my house. I live on a big circle and he takes the other side of the circle to get to the main street.

good, at least he's not a complete idiot. still, having that element that close is a **** deal to be sure, but at least he's a know threat. its the unknown ones that bite you in the ****, so the silver lining here is you and your son know the problem.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• hearingimpared
    edited November 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    good, at least he's not a complete idiot. still, having that element that close is a **** deal to be sure, but at least he's a know threat. its the unknown ones that bite you in the ****, so the silver lining here is you and your son know the problem.

I think the visual image of me holding his jewels with the bloody roots was deterent enough for him!;)
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited November 2007
    I think the visual image of me holding his jewels with the bloody roots was deterent enough for him!;)

Isn't the perfect knife for the job in the next thread down????
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • shadowofnight
    edited November 2007
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    Isn't the perfect knife for the job in the next thread down????

Hahaha....not by a longshot....the rusty very dull one in the shed would be much better :)
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2007
    Screw that rip them out by the roots, atleast that's what I told him. . . I wouldn't want to break my promise.:eek::D