MECA World Finals 2007

2»

Comments

• audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited November 2007
    With noisy power tools!! :p
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited November 2007
    AcuraTLSQ wrote: »
    Without you ever having seen a Drive By comp I can understand your point. SPL is measured from 6' away, averaged over 30 seconds. Until the local neighbor hood watch install's meters it doesn't encourage anything. It gives folks interested in that sort of thing a place to play. The person doing this is not the one waking you up at 3am. These guys are building boxes at 3AM.

K

I'm not saying its those guys that are doing it. What I am saying is that it is encouraging making your vehicle loud outside the car.

A couple weeks ago a guy came in and wanted us to install 3 PA speakers under his caprice so itd be louder on the outside of the car...I told him we dont condone or encourage that and its kids like you that ruin it for responsible listeners like us.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • audiobliss
    edited November 2007
    I'm with Cody on this one. I think punk teenagers see competitions like this, and it just encourages their already twisted minds to pollute the world with their craptastic 'music'.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • black magic
    black magic Posts: 669
    edited November 2007
    Theres a guy who lives across the street from me who just finished high school. I was installing new suspension about 4 months ago and his friend goes over to his house in a neon, with music just blaring well beyond a reasonable level. When he gets out of the car to get his friend, he leaves the car running with the door open and goes inside the house. He must have been in there for at least 5 minutes with the car still running and the music playing. Thats not even environmentally friendly!

I try not to hate or anything, but I felt like jumping into his car and wrapping it around a pole.
  • cam5860
    cam5860 Posts: 632
    edited November 2007
    Hey bro thats called livin it loud. You ain't livin life, until your livin it loud.
  • black magic
    edited November 2007
    But theres something called common courtesy and being respectful to others. There's times when you should play your stereo loud like a during a competition or if you're tuning it or something. Not when your car is outside and you're not even listening to it!
  • cam5860
    edited November 2007
    Yeah I know what your saying man. It pisses me off when the brothers pull up to a gas station with there **** wide open get out go in the store and hang out with there homies and leave that **** like that. Thats tacky as hell if you ask me. People trying to pump gas and stuff having to hear that crap.
  • exalted512
    edited November 2007
    cam5860 wrote: »
    Yeah I know what your saying man. It pisses me off when the brothers pull up to a gas station with there **** wide open get out go in the store and hang out with there homies and leave that **** like that. Thats tacky as hell if you ask me. People trying to pump gas and stuff having to hear that crap.

Try working at an audio shop. People do that all the time. Come in, leave their cars on and windows down with the stereo cranked all the way up.

Sorry kids, Ive heard some of the loudest vans in the world and some of the best sounding cars in the world, your stuff doesnt impress me. I usually go turn their car off for them.
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2007
    Oh well, if youre not into the car audio competition scene you aint gonna get it.

Drive by competitions have been going on a couple years. 17 year old punks pissing people off at 3 AM has been going on for a couple decades. Try this, the next time you see somebody like this go up to them and ask them when was the last time they went to a SPL competition. Id be willing to bet that 99% of them have never seen or heard of SPL competition before.

Saying SPL competitions encourages these same dumbasses is stupid and is no different than saying heavy metal encourages devil worshiping or that violent TV shows encourage violent behavior. If there is one thing Ive learned in life its that stupid people dont need any encouragement to act stupid.

And Cody, I dont get you dude - you compete in SPL!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • audiobliss
    edited November 2007
    He might compete in SPL competitions, but he doesn't compete at the stop light!

At least I hope not...:p
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • exalted512
    edited November 2007
    MacLeod wrote: »
    Oh well, if youre not into the car audio competition scene you aint gonna get it.

Drive by competitions have been going on a couple years. 17 year old punks pissing people off at 3 AM has been going on for a couple decades. Try this, the next time you see somebody like this go up to them and ask them when was the last time they went to a SPL competition. Id be willing to bet that 99% of them have never seen or heard of SPL competition before.

Saying SPL competitions encourages these same dumbasses is stupid and is no different than saying heavy metal encourages devil worshiping or that violent TV shows encourage violent behavior. If there is one thing Ive learned in life its that stupid people dont need any encouragement to act stupid.

And Cody, I dont get you dude - you compete in SPL!
    I never said SPL competitions encourage it. I compete how loud I can get INSIDE the vehicle. I spent over a grand making sure all the sound I can stays inside of the vehicle.

On the other hand, testing how loud you are on the outside of a vehicle...
    -Cody
  • black magic
    edited November 2007
    exalted512 wrote: »
    I usually go turn their car off for them.
    -Cody

I think that part just made my day :p
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2007
    Oh well whatever.

Anyways, MECA finals was a blast and I cant wait for next years. Hopefully there wont be any old ladies show up to **** about drive by.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • cam5860
    edited November 2007
    Usually when your young, your dumb, and full of ****. So **** like that is to be expected.