Was She Worth It !!!

tonyb
tonyb Posts: 32,950
edited November 2007 in The Clubhouse
Just a pic of what Jordan gave up to the x.....
In man talk,she had to be one hellava piece of a#% to give this up.
HT SYSTEM-
Sony 850c 4k
Pioneer elite vhx 21
Sony 4k BRP
SVS SB-2000
Polk Sig. 20's
Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
Grant Fidelity tube dac
B&k 1420
lsi 9's
Post edited by tonyb on

Comments

• ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited November 2007
    Small price to pay for a better half :rolleyes:.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited November 2007
    Which part do you actually live in?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited November 2007
    That's just wrong on so many levels.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2007
    I'm pretty sure he can get another one.... IE: New mansion AND POA.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited November 2007
    wonder how much gear was in all those rooms
    Life without music would
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited November 2007
    Thats a shame....even funnier was the timing when Kobe Bryant gave his better half that huge rock on her finger...right after she found out about him dipping into a different sauce cup :)
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited November 2007
    [QUOTE=
    In man talk,she had to be one hellava piece of a#% to give this up.[/QUOTE]

Ther is NO a** worth that. I don't care if she blows your mind, cooks cleans and tells you bedtime stories. No woman (or man for you wealthy ladies) is worth giving up THAT.:mad:
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited November 2007
    Don't get me wrong I'd love to own that complex; but if you're telling me you'd rather have a big house than a great wife (not a piece of a$$, but someone you wanted to marry) then you may want to rethink your priorities.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited November 2007
    No worries for Jordan. I'm sure he has exact copies of that home in Florida AND California. He ain't worried one bit. He has and continues to make an obsene amount of money.
    No excuses!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited November 2007
    Still guys...begs to question...when is enough...enough?

You have the world by the gonads,more money that you can spend,your youth,a wife thats been with you thru it all,kids,never have to work another day,and you give it up.Why?? Just because you can?This is what pisses the average joe off.Ticket prices are such that it is no longer a family affair,but only for the well to do.A pair of Nikes go for well over 100 bucks.But a guy trying to raise a family,working in the factory,is the first one to get his pay or benefits cut when the company has a bad year.Ya think they go up to Jordan and say sorry big guy,can only give ya 10 million this year?It's one thing to display your wealth like that....and another thing to say big friggin' deal,I'll have it back in no time.When you rub this stuff in our noses,thats when we get ticked off.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited November 2007
    In the late 80's early 90's when I worked for Columbia Audio Video we had a couple stores in the suburbs of Chicago too, namely Hoffman Estates and MJ and Scottie Pippen used to bring their Ferrari's and Porsche's etc. to have total custom state of the art sound systems put in. So I'm guessing MJ's mansion had a few nice systems in it.

I was never there when they came in but I knew a few of the sales and custom guys who had talked with both of them when selling them the systems for their nice cars.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited November 2007
    No, I would bet the world she was not...
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited November 2007
    tonyb wrote: »
    Just a pic of what Jordan gave up to the x.....
    In man talk,she had to be one hellava piece of a#% to give this up.

I'm sure he's not too worried, the amount of money he makes...

Besides, how long were they married? Close to 20 years I think.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited November 2007
    Thank you Bob.
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong I'd love to own that complex; but if you're telling me you'd rather have a big house than a great wife (not a piece of a$$, but someone you wanted to marry) then you may want to rethink your priorities.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited November 2007
    They were married for 17yrs & MJ has a gambling problem.

Juanita Jordan is still raising their children and is now worth possible 150 million dollars.

I would have divorced him as well & gotten a large sum to make sure I could take care of me & the kids & not give a **** if MJ throws the rest away gambling!
    Sami wrote: »
    I'm sure he's not too worried, the amount of money he makes...

Besides, how long were they married? Close to 20 years I think.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited November 2007
    Don't feel bad for Michael. After the divorce he will still be worth around $150,000,000 and making more than $30,000,000 per year (before alimony and any child support). I think he will get by.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited November 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »
    They were married for 17yrs & MJ has a gambling problem.

Juanita Jordan is still raising their children and is now worth possible 150 million dollars.

I would have divorced him as well & gotten a large sum to make sure I could take care of me & the kids & not give a **** if MJ throws the rest away gambling!

Nice. So much for until "death do us part". Its not like MJ can't afford to lose a few million in Vegas. And, I'm sure he would have given her exclusive funds to fifty million to see that his children grow up proper (if there were any trust issues). Seems to me that Juanita just decided to CASH IN. And, the good thing for MJ is that he learned this now before his assets had a chance to grow even more.

Anyone with THAT MUCH MONEY cannot be judged on how he spends/saves his funds. Of course, the wife that divorces MJ and claims HALF can certainly be judged for the gold digger that she surely is.

Most women would be happy with the fact that their guy can pull in 100K a year. MJ did much better than this. Economics should not be a factor regarding the decision to divorce. Unless, economics is what is driving her decision.

Marriage is for love. Divorce is for the love too -- the love of money!
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited November 2007
    rskarvan wrote: »
    Economics should not be a factor regarding the decision to divorce.

Yet it seems to be the leading cause of divorce according to a lot of the statistics I have seen.....It's kind of a non-issue in this case, but I would think it would be hard to be happy living in a cardboard box because your "better half" lost everything you both had gambling......This marriage was probably over years ago, they most likely tried to stick it out for "the kids sake".....I would take being happy and alone over being miserable with someone.....
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited November 2007
    Yay for Bobman!
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »

I absolutely agree. Life is so much better with the love than without it. A house/complex is not a home without love.
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited November 2007
    Nice. So much for until "death do us part". Its not like MJ can't afford to lose a few million in Vegas. And, I'm sure he would have given her exclusive funds to fifty million to see that his children grow up proper (if there were any trust issues). Seems to me that Juanita just decided to CASH IN. And, the good thing for MJ is that he learned this now before his assets had a chance to grow even more.

Anyone with THAT MUCH MONEY cannot be judged on how he spends/saves his funds. Of course, the wife that divorces MJ and claims HALF can certainly be judged for the gold digger that she surely is.

Most women would be happy with the fact that their guy can pull in 100K a year. MJ did much better than this. Economics should not be a factor regarding the decision to divorce. Unless, economics is what is driving her decision.

Marriage is for love. Divorce is for the love too -- the love of money!
    Wow shes a gold digger? you have gotta be kidding me. she spent 17-18 years with him, a gold digger would have divorced him in 5 years or less. personally I think 50% is getting off cheap considering she will be raising the children. Now of course with your analogy if we are talking about a couple that made 75k a year then she wouldndt be divorcing him for the money even though she would get half also. What makes you think shes divorcing for the money? she allready had the money lol. And what makes you think she doesnt deserve half? she spent the best years of her life with him having there children. I dont think economics mean diddly here. we are talking about a sick person a gambling addict is no different than a drug addict or an alcoholic other than thats what there addicted to. The same chaotic behavior is there. All the out of control **** is the same. you gotta figure he probablly spent very little time with her or the kids because of it. Im sure life with him became unbearable because of it.

Its easy to think this way because of the amount of money involved and there certainly are golddiggers out there but I dont think this is the case here.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited November 2007
    snow wrote: »
    we are talking about a sick person a gambling addict

Now that's way overboard as well. Someone says he likes to gamble (which he can afford to do easily) and all of a sudden he is sick? She's not gold digger but I wouldn't pass the blame so easily, I'm sure their marriage just ran its course and came to an end. Not all marriages last and 17 years is a long time in todays world.
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited November 2007
    Sami wrote: »
    Now that's way overboard as well. Someone says he likes to gamble (which he can afford to do easily) and all of a sudden he is sick? She's not gold digger but I wouldn't pass the blame so easily, I'm sure their marriage just ran its course and came to an end. Not all marriages last and 17 years is a long time in todays world.
    The way I understand it is that he has a gambling problem, not just that he likes to gamble. If he has a gambling problem he is a gambling addict. Whether or not he ever runs out of money is almost irrelevant in this case if true, the behavior an addict of any type is bizzare at best. There addiction controls there life its a sad story if true for all involved.

If he only likes to gamble every so often and it isnt a problem then great. There is nothing wrong with gambling drinking and some other vices as long it is done in moderation. It only becomes an addiction once you lose contol of it and it controls you.

As far as blame goes yes im sure there is blame to be shared on both sides irregardless whether he is a gambling addict or not.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited November 2007
    A great wife & loving family is something a man cannot put a price tag on. Well, let me rephrase that...no amount of money can replace the love of a great woman & close knit family. Property & toys will always be there in abundance. Family love is to be cherished & held on to forever in my book.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited November 2007
    It takes two people to f@#k up a relationship, believe me.....I see it this way; if they are happier apart than they are together, I wish them all the best. You can have all the **** you could ever want, but if you never find that special someone, you are still pretty empty at the end of the day.....
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    You can have all the **** you could ever want, but if you never find that special someone, you are still pretty empty at the end of the day.....

Nah, that is why someone created www.realdoll.com

Problem solved. :D

kidding....
  • Bill Ayotte
    edited November 2007
    Nah, that is why someone created www.realdoll.com

Problem solved. :D

kidding....

YAY for doll love!!!!!111!!!!:D

In reality, I am pretty sure with that much money you could find a willing young lady for every night of the year, I believe Mr. Chaimberlan (sp?) proved this.....:D

I am not saying this is right in any way, just making a slightly crass observation...
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited November 2007
    I definitely think that his wife and kids should be cared for. But, I have a serious problem with the divorcing wife getting HALF. MJ was the athlete. MJ earned the money through his own efforts. Marriage is a life-time commitment. Quitting a marriage should not entitle her to HALF. Perhaps HALF should go in a trust for their children. But, HALF should definitely not be in HER control.

Divorce should not be like hitting the lottery. Divorce is a disgraceful breaking of a solomn oath/contract. People who break contracts should be penalized.

Perhaps then, the divorce rate may decrease. Obviously, our consumer-oriented matrimony system isn't working well in the USA.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007

Divorce should not be like hitting the lottery. Divorce is a disgraceful breaking of a solomn oath/contract. People who break contracts should be penalized.

The odds are better than hitting the real lottery and the payout is the same money wise for some people.
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited November 2007
    A) Bobman is right, the love of a good wife is priceless
    B) I don't think old Mike was even close to putting his family in financial danger.
    He still was able to give up 150mil. and keep the same amount. He's making the big money he should have the freedom to play.
    C) I do a pretty good job raising 4 children on ALOT less the $150 million.
    D) We are all making judgement (including me) without knowing the facts. He could beat her daily for all I know. Or she could be the meanest woman of all time.

Almost forgot, I would never consider buying anything as large as that estate no matter how much money I had. Thats just vanity.........something to show off.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880