What are YOU eating tonight?

Comments

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited November 2007
    And that rings as true as the stories I happen to snag from Pops. We're a gaggle of transiensts to the ATL, but Jersey is a Santa sack of stories from everyone else up the ladder. I'll be sure to tap his noggin' in the morn on some of your references. Really should bring a smile to the face.

And by the way... I used to do repo work. Not much rattled my cage. But Camden put me in a VERY dark place. You say TOP 5. I may just have to say TOP 1. IMHO.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited November 2007
    And that rings as true as the stories I happen to snag from Pops. We're a gaggle of transiensts to the ATL, but Jersey is a Santa sack of stories from everyone else up the ladder. I'll be sure to tap his noggin' in the morn on some of your references. Really should bring a smile to the face.

And by the way... I used to do repo work. Not much rattled my cage. But Camden put me in a VERY dark place. You say TOP 5. I may just have to say TOP 1. IMHO.

Camden was Number 1 the past two years but this year dropped to number 5. It's consistently ranked right up there with wonderful places like Detroit and Flint Michigan and Camden seems to be toe to toe with Compton this year. The funny thing is that one of the best places to live is Moorestown, NJ which is less than 15 minutes up the road but not nearly as interesting.

But enough of this silliness! Back to the topic of the thread!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited November 2007
    Do carrots give bad gas? Seems I can't stop right now.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited November 2007
    Fair play Jstas:)
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited November 2007
    Fair play Jstas:)

Oh, don't worry! Tomorrow night should be good too! It's Monday Night Football! Gonna stuff my face with a GIANT chicken cutlet sammich loaded with roasted peppers and provolone! Denise should be bringing all of that to the table plus some hugs and a little shake with the fries.

Tuesday is shaping up to be a fun night 'cause my sister shows up for the holiday Tuesday night and her BF wants to hit a crowd pleaser known as The Jughandle for the best wings on the planet!

Wednesday will likely be another visit to the lovely Kate then it's TG and my dad's smoked turkey! Friday I'm gonna hafta rest but it'll likely be race car time at the shop and then cheesesteaks, pizza and beer up until the early morning hours wrenchin and goofin off!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited November 2007
    Dinner: 1/2 pound NY strip followed by 1/2 pound NY strip.(did not feel like cooking 5min. on the broiler, flip another 5 and in the gullet)
    Snack A hot soft Pretzel, And some Doritos with cheddar cheese dip(too late for the jalape
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited November 2007
    Out of town, so I ate beef Szechuan at Joe's Noodle House in Rockville,MD.
    Damn hottest stuff I've come accross. I be paying for that one!
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited November 2007
    Im eating Sushi, some rice, and stir fry.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited November 2007
    I just had a new achievement.

I finished off a 2 pound bag of carrots in about an hour......never done that before....I already feel awful.

I've been washing them down with unsweetened iced tea.

My GOD MAN 2 pounds of carrots. I havent heard anything crazy like that since my roomate in college ate a whole brick of chedder cheese
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    JimBRICK wrote: »
    My GOD MAN 2 pounds of carrots. I havent heard anything crazy like that since my roomate in college ate a whole brick of chedder cheese

I'm paying for it this morning.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2007
    Mark back in the days of a certain war, maybe WWI, the British realized the power carrots had on making your eyesite very keen and acute. So they had their soldiers eating lots and lots of carrots. After a little while, and I am not BSing here, the soldiers started turning orange because the beta carotene wasn't metabolized as quickly as the remainder of the carrot.

So if you find your self with a little orange glow today, you'll know why.
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited November 2007
    can you get Carrot poisoning?
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    Mark back in the days of a certain war, maybe WWI, the British realized the power carrots had on making your eyesite very keen and acute. So they had their soldiers eating lots and lots of carrots. After a little while, and I am not BSing here, the soldiers started turning orange because the beta carotene wasn't metabolized as quickly as the remainder of the carrot.

So if you find your self with a little orange glow today, you'll know why.

I thought that orange glow was the result of being in tanning boothes for too long?

I'm not radiating yet.....I will be sure to post pics if I do though.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited November 2007
    After a little while, and I am not BSing here, the soldiers started turning orange because the beta carotene wasn't metabolized as quickly as the remainder of the carrot.
    I told him the same thing last night......

My sister tends to do things to an extreme, and she was long term knawing on those things. I went home one Christmas and had to convince her that she was in fact orange-ish........she cut back on them and her normal color has returned........
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    brettw22 wrote: »

My sister tends to do things to an extreme, and she was long term knawing on those things. I went home one Christmas and had to convince her that she was in fact orange-ish........she cut back on them and her normal color has returned........

How orange can you turn? If it's like a bright orange I'm going to buy another bag tonight :D
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2007
    How orange can you turn? If it's like a bright orange I'm going to buy another bag tonight :D

Just make sure they are organic or you will start glowing in the dark too!
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2007
    brettw22 wrote: »

I'll bet she though she just had a nice tan.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    Just make sure they are organic or you will start glowing in the dark too!

I'm immune to pesticide, my mom fed it to me in small doses as a child
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited November 2007
    I mentioned that in post 4. Your nose will start to turn orange first. Plus, it is true about your eyesight, it makes a noticeable difference.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited November 2007
    To this day, my sister refuses to eat a SINGLE carrot... She's afraid she'll be orange within the hour. Sometimes I really don't get her.... okay... all the time.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited November 2007
    I had "Stevies kick-**** burritos" and they were delicious.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited November 2007
    I'll bet she though she just had a nice tan.
    What she had was an eating disorder.........thankfully she's been open to talking with me and we're pretty much done with the old routine.....
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2007
    Sorry to hear about that. Eating disorders are one of the toughest of addictions to overcome.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited November 2007
    I lived with a bulimic for 2.5 years, it was tough on both of us.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    All this talk about clubbing baby seals, punching kids in the face, eating babies got me hungry. So what's for dinner tonight guys?

-Chicken salad outta the little plastic deli container

and to wash it all down:

-24 ounces of skim milk
    -2 scoops protein shake
    -3 bananas
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited November 2007
    Are you training to fight Apollo Creed or something?

Baked salmon
    Fine noodles
    Fresh baked acorn squash
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited November 2007
    hmm, strip club steak (rare) with garlic mashed and as i said earlier , 2 bottles of red!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    John in MA wrote: »
    Are you training to fight Apollo Creed or something?

Baked salmon
    Fine noodles
    Fresh baked acorn squash

No, getting in shape for a fight. Me getting healthy is just an added bonus.

Don't know who I'm fighting yet.....
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited November 2007
    No, getting in shape for a fight. Me getting healthy is just an added bonus.

Don't know who I'm fighting yet.....

Post saying how much you love the SL2000 tweeter and I'm sure you'll find out soon enough.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    John in MA wrote: »
    Post saying how much you love the SL2000 tweeter and I'm sure you'll find out soon enough.

Hell yea, I love them. I just bought 2 from Snow!

Tomorrows breakfast is gonna be ever better....eggs...lots of them.