Starbucks Christmas Blend

2»

Comments

• dave shepard
    dave shepard Posts: 1,334
    edited November 2007
    When I was down with Mantis we had stopped and got WAWA coffee that was the best I had from anywhere.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2007
    janmike wrote: »
    I drink it like that as well but it really hits the spot when it is -40 outside.

that makes for a strong stable igloo brotha....LOL :D;)

any Starbucks guys here try that Chantico drinkable Chocolate when they had it? Oh sweet Jesus, I paid through the nose for that stuff.

I'd say to make as many 6 oz cups (standard size) that it would take to fit in a Vendi cup. guy would look me in the eyes and say "thats going to be..like..15 bucks"

my response was usually "look in my eyes, and tell me if I care!!"
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited November 2007
    Ohskigod,

You can tell us the truth now... it was the cutie girl serving the "Chantico drinkable Chocolate" that made it worth it. The coffee in fact just sucked.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited November 2007
    There are some hotties working at the 'bucks around here:D

Speaking of the employees, does anyone here work at the bucks? I was wondering if Starbucks encourages employees to emphasize the coffee cup sizes when ordering? They seem to get bent out of shape if you order a small instead of "tall"...it's funny to watch.
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited November 2007
    My mom is a regional installation manager, and my sister is a barista :)

They emphasize that the people taking the order repeat the order out loud. They're not correcting you per se, but just making sure they don't get anything lost in translation. (I hate that tall / grande / venti thing though. Just be normal, will ya?) The folks making the drinks have a lot of things yelled at them so it's best if everything is just in one specific language.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited November 2007
    Mike682 wrote: »
    There are some hotties working at the 'bucks around here:D

Speaking of the employees, does anyone here work at the bucks? I was wondering if Starbucks encourages employees to emphasize the coffee cup sizes when ordering? They seem to get bent out of shape if you order a small instead of "tall"...it's funny to watch.
    I should take a ride to the new one in Holbrook to check out the...inventory. ;) Plus I'm running low on beans.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited November 2007
    Face wrote: »
    I should take a ride to the new one in Holbrook to check out the...inventory. ;) Plus I'm running low on beans.

:D:D:D

I usually go to the one in Deer Park. Tried the new one in Commack too..not bad
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2007
    When I was down with Mantis we had stopped and got WAWA coffee that was the best I had from anywhere.

Oh man I like a lot of what WAWA does but I gotta tell you the only time I drink their coffee is when I am desperate for caffeine and there are no Dunkins or Starbucks around! Yuck! But you can be assured that it is very, very hot!
  • mark090852
    mark090852 Posts: 996
    edited November 2007
    My wife and I love Starbucks. Go through about 3lbs every two weeks at home and get it in their stores whenever we are out. We like our coffee strong and flavorful. Other coffees just taste like coffee flavored water to us.
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited November 2007
    Mike682 is 100% correct. Starbucks is awesome stuff IF you cut their recipe in half. I like my coffee pretty strong, and I use HALF the beans that Starbucks recommends for a 10 cup pot. Works out perfect.

There are actually two Christmas blends that Starbucks makes available at the holidaze. One of the guys I fly with is a United pilot, and every year he swipes me a whole bunch of the 1 pot packages of the Starbuck's Christmas stuff that United puts out at all their pilot lounges. These packages are already ground, and I get THREE, 10 cup pots out of every package. I don't know if these packages are made for large Bunn type coffee makers or what, but there's like 9 normal scoops of coffee in each package. If you used one entire package for a single pot, and then drank it, there'd be a volcano-like hole in your chest.

At home I use Starbuck's Columbian beans exclusively. No **** around. Three scoops for a 10 cup pot.
  • Face
    edited November 2007
    So 2 heaping spoons per cup is considered a lot? I drink it black too. :D
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited November 2007
    European or African spoons? Table or tea? Out with it man!

1100 posts since Feb? You unemployed or what? You need to let go of that coffee "thing" and get cracking man.
  • Face
    edited November 2007
    Tea spoons. ;)

Employed, but currently on disability due to a work related injury. Hopefully I'll be back soon, I never thought I'd miss working. Until then, I'll continue being a post **** hyped up on Starbucks. :D