Vista users, how ya like it?

1235»

Comments

• Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited January 2008
    Well, the Leopard is a Linux OS so naturally it's better than Vista. :)

The question is, why not just use Linux on much cheaper PC hardware? ;)
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2008
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Dell (HP, etc.) is all but required to keep selling XP machines for businesses because we don't upgrade as often as the consumer market does. They did the same thing when XP came out and it makes plenty of sense. It would be nearly impossible for most businesses to do system and peripheral overhauls every time a new OS was released from a financial standpoint alone.

It's not a mark against Vista, but a way to avoid alienating business customers for which Windows XP is still the current computing standard.

They always made XP available on their business and small business machines...but not the home/consumer. They had to go back and make that option available because of demand. That was my point.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited January 2008
    shack wrote: »
    They always made XP available on their business and small business machines...but not the home/consumer. They had to go back and make that option available because of demand. That was my point.

I bought a Dell laptop in May of last year with XP on it that now belongs to my mother and all I had to do was ask.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited January 2008
    I have to say...after spending last night reloading 4 new laptops to put fresh unbloated vista OS's on them ( Washing off dells bloatware...which believe it or not has gotten a LOT better...after unloading all the bloatware on one machine just to see , it was actually fine without having to load a fresh OS. But , I just like to do it on new laptops as a rule ) all 4 are running really good. The new laptop hardware and Vista OS are working awesome together...I didnt think I would be saying that anytime soon.

As a side note , dells new laptops have gotten some really nice new design features. They are making them so thin now that even the 17" 1720 model puts one dimm on the back and the other under the keyboard. Well, in pulling off the keyboard to put the second 2GB dimm in ( NEVER get 4GB from dell ) the new design puts the keyboard in with a edge connector instead of a 4 inch ribbon cable ...added FCM slots .. along with dual SATA hard drive bays ...really nice stuff for the regular Inspiron line.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club