Anyone ever go through Walmarts Audio Section?

VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,574
edited November 2007 in The Clubhouse
Its a depressing experience

To walk through there and their most expensive little system cost as much as your most expensive cable...

:(
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited November 2007
    Price sells in this world. We are among the few ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited November 2007
    Edit: Brainfart...
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited November 2007
    Yeah I guess so ---

I figured up I could basically buy like 60 of their shelf systems if I were to sell off my system...

I've taken the wrong path

Do you realize that laptops arnt audio? ;)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited November 2007
    Those shelf systems would rock my 20 foot governement paid for trailer.

YEEEEHAWWWWW
  • Face
    edited November 2007
    Ha, I look at electronics, not audio.

As far as audio goes, I have a pair of cables that go for more than anything in that section. They aren't even hooked up at the moment. :mad:
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited November 2007
    They should set every Walmart on fire.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited November 2007
    Come to think of it I really don't miss working for that company in the least bit. That's 2 years of my life I'll never get back. I shoulda just been a door greeter but I didn't meet the age/mental requirement.
  • Face
    edited November 2007
    I worked at K-Mart for 2.5 years as security. I couldn't imagine doing anything else there.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited November 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »
    They should set every Walmart on fire.
    +10000000000000000000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'EFF WalMart! (Sam's Club too).

Anybody think Monster is a bad company? They're a rainbow with a pot of gold at the end compared to WalMart.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2007
    i needed a transplant.. so i bought a new liver at Wal Mart :rolleyes: i'm good to go now. :p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin: