Sewage, the new high...

2»

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited November 2007
    So is going to Taco Bell the equivalent of building a meth lab now?
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited November 2007
    An implausible story about a natural high derived from human waste is causing a stink on the Internet and has forced a local sheriff's department to issue a warning about the "drug."

The Collier County Sheriff's Office in Tampa, Fla., recently released a bulletin warning of a new drug threat in America — jenkem — made by fermenting human **** and urine and huffing the gas produced.

"We wouldn't classify it as a drug so much because it's **** and urine," said Garrison Courtney, a spokesman for the Drug Enforcement Administration in Washington, D.C.

"You've pretty much hit the bottom of the barrel if you're experimenting this," he added.

The confidential memo, dated Sept. 26, was meant "for officer safety and awareness," but it was leaked and found its way online, where it was posted Monday on the Smoking Gun, which questioned "what they're inhaling down in Collier County."

Internet pundits were quick to jump on the intelligence briefing, noting that the photos and descriptions of the high jenkem produced came from "Pickwick," a contributor to the Web site Totse.com, who later admitted his "use" of jenkem was faked using flour, water, beer and Nutella.

"I never inhaled any **** gas and got high off it," he wrote on Sept. 24. "I have deleted the pictures, hopefully no weirdo saved them to his computer. I just don't want people to ever recognize me as the kid who huffed **** gas."

A spokeswoman for the Collier County Sheriff's Office acknowledged Tuesday that the report came from their office "just to share, see what's out there" after a parent e-mailed the department. No incidents of jenkem's use have been reported in the county, she said.

Snopes.com, a site that investigates urban legends, labeled jenkem's use in America as "undetermined."

Both the New York Times and the British Broadcasting Corp. have reported jenkem's use among children in Lusaka, Zambia, in the late 1990s.

And even if someone is doing it stateside, it's not necessarily illegal, Courtney said.

"It falls into the probables," Courtney said. "Even though it's not illegal, it's part of that experimental thing that people could possibly do to try to get some type of euphoric effect. Why they would want to do this would be beyond us."

Link to Story

This story just keeps getting better.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited November 2007
    **** gas....haha that's funny right there.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited November 2007
    Hahahahahaha, I remember that 'Leroy Jenkins' video...that was hilarious!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LkCNJRfSZBU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LkCNJRfSZBU&rel=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

"At least I have Chicken."
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited November 2007
    Hmm...an ice cold beer, or smell someone elses ****/piss combo. I'll take the beer.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited November 2007
    audiobliss wrote: »

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LkCNJRfSZBU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LkCNJRfSZBU&rel=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

"At least I have Chicken."

Ok...I'm crying over here...laughing so much.....

LEERRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYY JEENNKINSSSSSS!!!!!

...and gets them all killed......

That was the funniest **** I've seen in a long time.....

....I bet those guys are still wondering why he went in......

"oh he went in......whaat????......lets go save him.,,,,,,,he must be so stoned....why the hell did he go in??....stupid leroy"

a priceless laugh
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited November 2007
    jakelm wrote: »
    Ok...I'm crying over here...laughing so much.....

LEERRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYY JEENNKINSSSSSS!!!!!

...and gets them all killed......

That was the funniest **** I've seen in a long time.....

....I bet those guys are still wondering why he went in......

"oh he went in......whaat????......lets go save him.,,,,,,,he must be so stoned....why the hell did he go in??....stupid leroy"

a priceless laugh

As a former Wow player of 2.5 years I can tell you that its widely believed as fake and as a guy who used to hit UBRS like that hundreds of times (that is the "rook" room") I can say its pretty fake :)
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • jakelm
    edited November 2007
    Silverti wrote: »
    As a former Wow player of 2.5 years I can tell you that its widely believed as fake and as a guy who used to hit UBRS like that hundreds of times (that is the "rook" room") I can say its pretty fake :)

So the whole video is fake? Or just certain parts? I'm not quite following you on the whole fake thingy..
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• Demiurge
    edited November 2007
    jakelm wrote: »
    So the whole video is fake? Or just certain parts? I'm not quite following you on the whole fake thingy..

The commentary is all faked on Team Speak/Ventrilo and the deaths were planned. It's funny, but you need to think of it as a sketch, not as anything that's funny because it really happened.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited November 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    The commentary is all faked on Team Speak/Ventrilo and the deaths were planned. It's funny, but you need to think of it as a sketch, not as anything that's funny because it really happened.

^^ yup. Its kind of making fun of all the "nubs" in the game. The room is full of eggs and if you go in there and walk on one, it pops out them lil dragons. Noobs at wow would always go in there (with poor mouse control) and pop out a ton of dragons and get everyone wiped out. That or they would fall into it and instead of taking on for the team and dying, drag all 30 of them up to the group already in combat to kill them all. Leroy there basically ran in, walked over 30 eggs and 30 dragons followed him back to kill everyone.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • jakelm
    edited November 2007
    Well hell, it looked pretty real to me. Its pretty much how things go with a noob.

So they were not really talking and strategizing? I get it..
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• Demiurge
    edited November 2007
    This is Leeroy Jenkins:

leeroy.jpg
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited November 2007
    All I want to know is WHO tried this first ?

age-old past-time. kids been givin' swirley's since the toilet's inception.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited November 2007
    The timing on that, however fake, is hilarious.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited November 2007
    New catch phrase? This doo's for you.:D

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited November 2007
    audiobliss wrote: »

The world has become geekier than I could have ever imagined.
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited November 2007
    The Leeroy Jenkins thing is legend around school. It was even on the Men's Lacrosse team warm-up cd for our team this past season. Perhaps, the most amazing thing is that he made it to jeopardy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJT20WxfHss

Shawn
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4