Surround Back - Polk R15 <--Ticket to club polk
Subwoofer - Onkyo SKW-340
Post edited by Phasearray on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2007
    Options
    wow... that must have set a new record high price for those.. amazing.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Phasearray
    Phasearray Posts: 437
    edited November 2007
    Options
    yeah thats pretty much the new retail price
    Receiver - Onkyo HT-R340
    Front - Pioneer S-HF21
    Center -Onkyo SKC-340C
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Phasearray wrote: »
    Seriously, I didn't expect them to go that high
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58517

Guess I'll have to save up awhile longer :(

1.2TL first or Lsi25?

Personally I like the 15's much more than the 25's.

With that being said - if you have a large room and an understanding wife, I would go with the TL's in a heartbeat. (although personally I really like the SRS's more - Don't know why....)

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Phasearray wrote:
    This thread is depressing

Not if you're already an owner of big Polk's. ;)
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited November 2007
    Options
    The 1.2's are overrated.

A pair of SRS 2, or CRS+ will do all the SDA magic the big boys will, if not better in most rooms. The 2.3's are as big as I would ever go.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Hey Russ,

I'm holding onto my CRS+ speaks until they'll fetch 3Gs. :cool:

BTW: How long do you think that'll be? :confused:

:p:D
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited November 2007
    Options
    BobMcG wrote: »
    Hey Russ,

I'm holding onto my CRS+ speaks until they'll fetch 3Gs. :cool:
    BTW: How long do you think that'll be? :confused:

:p:D

Me too....my fist SDA's were my CRS+'s....I'd let em go for 3G's ;)
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,329
    edited November 2007
    Options
    danger boy wrote: »
    wow... that must have set a new record high price for those.. amazing.
    I know of one pair that went for $3500.00

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,842
    edited November 2007
    Options
    That's not the record price, it's about the norm.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Gary Batson
    Gary Batson Posts: 124
    edited November 2007
    Options
    These TL's were for sale in an area of the country where they're harder to find. Plus they were in pristine condition$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. They would have gone for a lot less in Washington, California, Arizona, Texas, California, Connecticut, and New York. They would have gone for even more in Tennessee where I am. And they were sold here at Hi Fi Buy's. So I know they're here SOMEWHERE????. But nobody's selling :confused:
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,654
    edited November 2007
    Options
    How true how true.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited November 2007
    Options
    is that price more than what they sold for new?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited November 2007
    Options
    danger boy wrote: »
    is that price more than what they sold for new?

$3400. was retail new,that's very close to new price.
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited November 2007
    Options
    $3400. was retail new,that's very close to new price.

Not really. Not when you account for inflation. That $3400 price is from 1989. $3400 in 1989 dollars is equivalent to $5800 in 2007 dollars. From that perspective, $3050 for what appear to be mint condition 1.2TL's was a good deal.

Not accounting for inflation, the price paid seems high, because $3050 is 89.7% of the 1989 MSRP. However, $3050 is only 52.5% of the equivalent 2007 MSRP. Another way to look at it is to equate $3050 in 2007 dollars to an equivalent amount in 1989 dollars, which is $1788.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Not really. Not when you account for inflation. That $3400 price is from 1989. $3400 in 1989 dollars is equivalent to $5800 in 2007 dollars. From that perspective, $3050 for what appear to be mint condition 1.2TL's was a good deal.

Not accounting for inflation, the price paid seems high, because $3050 is 89.7% of the 1989 MSRP. However, $3050 is only 52.5% of the equivalent 2007 MSRP. Another way to look at it is to equate $3050 in 2007 dollars to an equivalent amount in 1989 dollars, which is $1788.

O.K. then that's about half price:D Damn good deal I'd say
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited November 2007
    Options
    These TL's were for sale in an area of the country where they're harder to find. Plus they were in pristine condition$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. They would have gone for a lot less in Washington, California, Arizona, Texas, California, Connecticut, and New York. They would have gone for even more in Tennessee where I am. And they were sold here at Hi Fi Buy's. So I know they're here SOMEWHERE????. But nobody's selling :confused:

They ain't too many pairs down here in AZ, trust me.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • snow
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Not to one up you here, but I dont remember ever seeing another pair of sda srs 1.2 tls in alaska even though im sure there are a few out there besides mine here. The biggest reason I think is simply due to there size that not many people brought them when they moved here and considering the population of the entire state is only a lil over 500k people not that big of an audiophile base here.

I consider being able to own a pair of them here is like winning the lottery, the odds are pretty slim and I am very fortunate. That and the fact is when I bought them I had no Idea what they were worth or even what they were for that matter other than polks, so I stole them for $600.00

I feel ashamed now because I was thinking of offering this poor guy $500.00 for them.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • Gary Batson
    edited November 2007
    Options
    I'll give you $700........In August :D
  • Gary Batson
    edited November 2007
    Options
    SNOW....Still got your sunrise on my desktop. Nice picture !
  • snow
    edited November 2007
    Options
    I'll give you $700........In August :D
    Are you coming up here in august? Oh. Yes the sunrises can be very beautiful here. :)

REGARDS SNOW
  • Gary Batson
    edited November 2007
    Options
    I hear it's beautiful up there. I'd like to see it someday. But it would be in August. I freeze solid at 40 degrees.
  • Phasearray
    Phasearray Posts: 437
    edited November 2007
    Options
    I want to move to alaska! I'm not joking either...Just there are no job that fits my occupation
    Receiver - Onkyo HT-R340
    Front - Pioneer S-HF21
    Center -Onkyo SKC-340C
  • snow
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Phasearray wrote: »
    I want to move to alaska! I'm not joking either...Just there are no job that fits my occupation
    Whats your occupation?

REGARDS SNOW
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited November 2007
    Options
    I bet he's a swimming pool builder or an alligator wrangler! HAHAHAHAHA! :p:D

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d