justice is served finally to that awful church

2»

Comments

• AdamRagland
    AdamRagland Posts: 521
    edited November 2007
    hopefully this will work. only way i could upload the video was to YouSendIt to myself and post the download link. let me know if it doesnt work. this video is in WMV so its not the best quality but it makes for a smaller download

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=1C0CDC7734BE5C58
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited November 2007
    heiney9 wrote: »
    I think what the church stands for is dispicable and in no way shape of form endorse their teachings or beliefs, but I gotta say this really is an issue of free speech and it's a slippery slippery slope and I'm not so sure they should have been fined for just protesting.

Yes, it turns my stomach. But freedom of expression is what our nation was founded on boy oh boy this is a tough situation....................where does restriction of freedom of speech begin and end.

Just thinking out loud here. Probably will get mercilessly flamed because so far I'm the only one in this thread questioning the underlying concern.

H9

I felt the same way as H9, and my wife and I discussed it at length this morning over coffee. I am thrilled that they were slammed with that type of verdict, but if they were on public property is this legal? I mean people are slandered every single day, and this really opens a door for more slanderous suits.

I guess I am a bit confused by it all, but the media sure loves to mention "church" a lot with this group, and that just makes any type of church going person more of a target in the future.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2007
    I think, to an extent, that someone has a right to a level of privacy during a funeral, which i DO NOT view as a public service. There is a difference between genuine means of protest and just busting a person's balls and genuinly trying to do nothing else but inflict pain upon someone.

a strong argument could be made that the "church's" actions were not a protest, but to inflict pain and harrass the family of the dead soldier. There is a difference between the 2. As I said, Freedom of speech does not mean I can say whatever I want and when, It means having the ability to speak your mind and have a belief without being persecuted for that belief.

there not being persecuted for there belief, they were sued for harassing the family of the dead soldier during a funeral. I dont know for sure, but if the argument the plaintiff made was "this action obviously had no other purpose but to inflict pain and harass my family" than that is a valid argument.

I look at a group of anti war protesters in front of the whitehouse, or in a park with signs and spreading there message as valid protest. Hanging hate messages that say there glad your son is dead AT YOUR SON"S FUNERAL could concievably leave the realm of genuine protest and into the realm of harassment and intimidation.

stand outside the NAACP building and hurl racial ephitets and see if the freedom of speech argument holds. It wont.......and it shouldnt
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited November 2007
    For all who believe this crap about America.....

GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!!!!

GO FIND A PLACE OUTSIDE OUR COUNTRY WHERE YOU CAN BE HAPPY!!!

WHY ARE YOU STILL LIVING HERE?????

IF YOUR GOING TO STAY, QUIT COMPLAINING HOW BAD WE ARE AND LEARN SOME FREAKIN ENGLISH!!!!

Thank you and have a nice and beautiful day.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek: