Poll ...HT Audio Forum

2»

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited October 2007
    Here Here McLeod! Well said.

BRAVO!!!
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited October 2007
    I think we should have a separate forum for each Center, Right, Left, Right surround, Left surround, Right back, Left back, and Sub to make it that much more precise. Don't leave anyone out in this PC society we live in today. Think all inclusive, all the time.;)

I think the worst is HTSpot. So many choices for so few members........
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited October 2007
    The one thing that adding another forum would do for me is make things more categorized. For example, some forums besides CP have a section just for "Vintage Speakers," some forums have a section dedicated to "CRT Projectors," some even have HTPC and Blu-Ray/HD-DVD forums within.

I'm not saying that it's necessary to add a "Home Theater Audio" forum, but I would really enjoy such a forum.
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2007
    We should add a hazing or initiation category where the newbs have to eat hot peppers and chase them with a pint a milk of magnesia and mineral oil cocktail before they can post in the new HT category.
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited October 2007
    I think the worst is HTSpot. So many choices for so few members........

I don't want to comment on another forum, but having more choices is good sometimes. A few times I've had a general Home Theater question and ended up posting it in the Clubhouse because it didn't seem to fit in any forum, like how to play DVD-Audio on a PC...
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited October 2007
    I voted YES just to piss Jesse off!

Seriously, I did vote yes and think there should be a seperate forum for HT since it's so prevalent in the market place today. Perhaps call it "Home Theater Talk, Setup and Calibration." If it needs to be combined with any area, then combine it with the Subwoofer section.
    No excuses!
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited October 2007
    I think if there is enough interest by Forum members it should be considered.
    Carl

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2007
    schwarcw wrote: »
    I think if there is enough interest by Forum members it should be considered.

Or, we can just ban all members that voted yes.

That was a bad joke.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2007
    I thought it was hilarious.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited October 2007
    Ricardo wrote: »

That's an option, what's your name again?? Oh yeah, HTRookie! ;):D

Carl
    Carl

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited October 2007

I say just the guy who started the poll and John because he's a traitor and he thinks he can piss me off, which he can't.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited October 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    I say just the guy who started the poll and John because he's a traitor and he thinks he can piss me off, which he can't.

Eff you and your Crofton sub shop! Chaps all the way ****!!!

Yeah, I said it! Come on....
    No excuses!
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited October 2007
    F1nut wrote: »

What?????...Me?????:eek::eek:

I did do nothing.......you bully:p

I'm not tooting my own horn here, but I think this is the best freakin poll we've had in a long time.:p:p
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited October 2007
    Nah, the best poll was the Spec K one.

John, it's in Odenton and it's pit beef, no stinkin' subs. :p
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,673
    edited November 2007
    I voted "No" because I like to be confused at a lower level.

That, and I think any new forum should involve cats.
    Sal Palooza
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited November 2007
    I vote we bring back the political playground!

*runs away to avoid flying rotten vegitables and *****
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited November 2007
    The Political Playground was the biggest WTF moment on CP...

I always liked the Hall Of Shame -- some great stuff in there

But I voted yes...

Sorry guys! ;)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited November 2007
    Fortunately, you can still find both the political playground and hall of shame! :D

Just can't post there. :(
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin