Poll ...HT Audio Forum

jakelm
jakelm Posts: 4,081
edited November 2007 in The Clubhouse
Simple... add.... do not add...combine with another forum..
Monitor 7b's front
Monitor 4's surround
Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
M10's back surround
Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
Harman/Kardon AVR-635
Oppo 981hd
Denon upconvert DVD player
Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
Mit RPTV WS-55513
Tosh HD-XA1
B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
Post edited by jakelm on

Comments

• jakelm
    edited October 2007
    Come on all you HT peeps....step it up.... Practice your right to vote:D
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited October 2007
    I did, I voted no.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jakelm
    edited October 2007
    I'm really surprized, maybe I see things differently. But I really didnt think any "no's" would come up (well maybe 1 or 2). I didnt think to object completely, would come into play that much.:o

I guess some poeple just dont want to see HT at all.:(
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• hockeyboy
    hockeyboy Posts: 1,428
    edited October 2007
    I voted no as well. I love HT I just think we have it covered.
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Marantz IS201 I-Pod Dock[/SIZE]
    Panamax M5300EX
    Carada Criterion 106" Brightwhite Screen
    Sunfire TGA 5200 & (4) B&W 605's in the party room
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2007
    The entire forum is HT based, that's why the 2ch forum was implemented in the first place.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited October 2007
    I voted for the death penalty.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited October 2007
    I voted no, too, for the reason Russ mentioned.

Polk manufactures products primarily for HT and car audio, so the Polk Forum is, by definition, an HT forum. Hell, we even talk about movies here.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • jakelm
    edited October 2007
    I disagree, I dont see anywhere in CP , that is dedicated to talk about, Dolby Digital, DTS, HD/BR, TrueHD, DD+, DTS-MA., should I go 5.1/7.1 analog or SPDIF?, multizone applications, ..etc.

I see speakers, electronics, movies/music, video games, sub management...etc..

Where in the above forums would I ask about DD+ or TrueHD or digital compared to analog 5.1/7.1, 1080i compared to 1080p..etc, where should my SPL meter be placed to callibrate a 7.1 setup?

Do I just guess and hope I posted the question in the right place?

Nothing that pertains to strict HT talk.

But ok...
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited October 2007
    jakelm wrote: »
    I disagree, I dont see anywhere in CP , that is dedicated to talk about, Dolby Digital, DTS, HD/BR, TrueHD, DD+, DTS-MA., should I go 5.1/7.1 analog or SPDIF?, multizone applications, ..etc.

I see speakers, electronics, movies/music, video games, sub management...etc..

Where in the above forums would I ask about DD+ or TrueHD or digital compared to analog 5.1/7.1, 1080i compared to 1080p..etc, where should my SPL meter be placed to callibrate a 7.1 setup?

Do I just guess and hope I posted the question in the right place?
    Wouldn't Dolby Digital, DTS, HD/BR, TrueHD, DD+, DTS-MA., should I go 5.1/7.1 analog or SPDIF?, multizone applications, ..etc. and Where in the above forums would I ask about DD+ or TrueHD or digital compared to analog 5.1/7.1, 1080i compared to 1080p..etc, where should my SPL meter be placed to callibrate a 7.1 setup? just go under electronics? ;)
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Early B.
    edited October 2007
    Jake -- let it go. Without the support of the old heads, it probably won't happen.

Lesson learned -- next time, work the politics first. Get the veterans on your side before you introduce this type of thing.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

• jakelm
    edited October 2007
    Early B. wrote: »
    Jake -- let it go. Without the support of the old heads, it probably won't happen.

Lesson learned -- next time, work the politics first. Get the veterans on your side before you introduce this type of thing.

Will you be on my side?...lol:D

I am no politician. But yes, lesson learned. :(One day I hope to be a old HT head.:p

"let me tell you sonny boy, back in my day, we had actual speakers,,,,that you can see and touch...they were all over the room.....you young kids today, with your Bose "can't see me" speakers"
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2007

I sense some subjectivity here ;)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited October 2007

You mean, all the dudes here that pretty much exclusively listen to 2-Chan and don't care about HT? Yeah, el oh el.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited October 2007
    Voted no.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Early B.
    edited October 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    You mean, all the dudes here that pretty much exclusively listen to 2-Chan and don't care about HT? Yeah, el oh el.

Yeah, those old, dirty ****.:D:p

• McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited October 2007
    I voted yes to combine it with another forum. Just so those 2 channel guys stay in their place we will get along fine... ;)
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2007
    Voted yes just to make the kid happy!:D:p
  • RuSsMaN
    edited October 2007
    95% of the 2ch minions have a dedicated HT, I do for sure. Love it. I went straight two channel for HT for a while, but missed things 'buzzing' around the room.

It has nothing to with the elders or any hierarchy, how stupid would that be? It's about keeping the board somewhat streamlined and easy to navigate. Have you seen how many forums AK has for example? Love the site, love the members, but good lord - the number of different forums is rediculous.

On that note, I'm not saying a dedicated HT forum WON'T happen, it might. I don't think it's needed, that's all.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited October 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    It's about keeping the board somewhat streamlined and easy to navigate. Have you seen how many forums AK has for example?

That is certainly one of the things I HATE about AVS. (and I have not been there long) Definately gotta keep things streamlined...
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • F1nut
    edited October 2007
    It's about keeping the board somewhat streamlined and easy to navigate. Have you seen how many forums AK has for example? Love the site, love the members, but good lord - the number of different forums is rediculous.

BINGO!

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• RuSsMaN
    edited October 2007
    McLoki wrote: »
    That is certainly one of the things I HATE about AVS. (and I have not been there long) Definately gotta keep things streamlined...

AVS is a MESS.
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited October 2007
    I voted yes because I truly would like a Home Theater Audio forum.
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited October 2007
    Shouldn't this poll be in the HT forum?
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited October 2007
    Streamlined was my whole point in the other "non-poll' thread.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • jakelm
    edited October 2007
    Poll closes at the end of the phiscal year in '09

Everyone makes a vallid points, thanks for participating and inputs. And more votes are always welcome.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• jakelm
    edited October 2007
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Shouldn't this poll be in the HT forum?

I tryed to put it there.....buttttttt
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• jakelm
    edited October 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    AVS is a MESS.

I dont think AVS is a mess, some of the people yes, but the forum? No. Very easy to find information for just about anything.

Such a mess, its one of the largest A/V forums on the net.

I can understand how some get confused there, but I dont think its so bad. And I see alot of referels to that place from here.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• F1nut
    edited October 2007
    Very easy to find information for just about anything.

Another reason NOT to have an HT forum here, it's not needed.

President of Club Polk

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2007
    I voted no.

Im much more into HT than 2 channel but Ive had no trouble finding info on HT in this forum. In fact, 95% of what I know about HT I learned here.

If I want to know about surround speakers, hooking them up, timbre matching or whatever - I go to the Speakers forum.

If I want to know about receivers, the difference between DTS or DD or the benefits of a plasma vs DLP, I go to the Electronics forum.

For education on SACD, BlueRay or HDDVD, the Music and Movies thread has me covered.

And for the few things that dont fit a category, the Clubhouse is always there.

I think there is plenty of info for the HT enthusiast here and its easy to find. Adding another forum would just crowd things up more.

Good idea, but I dont think its needed.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited October 2007
    It would be nice to have, however its not necessary. Everyone pretty much provides opinion on most threads anyway so not really a need for seperation. As mentioned earlier its very easy to find information when searching.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580