I would like a HT Audio Forum in CP...

Comments

• jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited October 2007
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Combine it with the subwoofer/bass management forum.

Rename the header: Home Theater/ Set-Up

No need to add another forum

Noooooooooo....

Bass management needs to be on its own. Thats a subject that gets too indepth, to be mixed in a general HT forum.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • jakelm
    edited October 2007
    Men only need 2 speakers ;).

H9

Ok Big Boy,,:p:p

You just keep watching your movies in stereo;)...... Dont come bother us HT guys....
    :p
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited October 2007
    jakelm wrote: »
    Even DT has some sort of HT forum...Sort of,,,

Yup, General HT Hook Up / Set-Up...
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited October 2007
    Noooooooooo....

Bass management needs to be on its own. Thats a subject that gets too indepth, to be mixed in a general HT forum.

But there is very little activity compared to other forums. I understand the info is important, but it's a low activity forum and it is directly related to HT; very little if any subwoofer questions regarding 2-channel. Makes perfect sense to me.

I mean I could beg for an SDA forum since a majority of the post in the Vintage Speaker section are SDA related, but they also fall under the larger Vintage Speaker heading.

Same with subwoofer and subwoofer management it falls squarely in the HT segment.

If they cant be combined then I say forget about it.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    edited October 2007
    Ok Big Boy,,:p:p

You just keep watching your movies in stereo;)...... Dont come bother us HT guys....
    :p

My SDA's have better full stage presence than my buddies 7.1 HT, IMHO of course :D:p.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2007
    Why be so negative about it? If you look at the threads, there's A LOT of HT related topics/questions, probably more than 2 Channel.

Here's what I would do (like anyone cares...I know):

1.-I would eliminate the "electronics" forum. I always have trouble anyway when I need to post something related to 2 channel, which normally is about a piece of electronics (a preamp, amp, source, etc). How many threads are there in the 2 channel forum that is NOT about electronics??? I think we don't need both.

2.-Create a HT forum.

There. A 2 channel forum and a HT forum.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Serendipity
    edited October 2007
    Ricardo wrote: »
    Why be so negative about it? If you look at the threads, there's A LOT of HT related topics/questions, probably more than 2 Channel.

1.-I would eliminate the "electronics" forum. I always have trouble anyway when I need to post something related to 2 channel, which normally is about a piece of electronics (a preamp, amp, source, etc). How many threads are there in the 2 channel forum that is NOT about electronics??? I think we don't need both.

2.-Create a HT forum.

Good idea.

Or just add a "HT Audio" forum.
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

• heiney9
    edited October 2007

2.-Create a HT forum.

DAMMIT :eek::eek::eek:(in my best Cartman voice) Is no one listening...............Combine the Subwoofer/Bass Management forum into a new heading Home Theater :confused::eek:.

or

I really don't care, but I don't think another forum is nec. I have a hard time keeping up with all the ones we already have.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited October 2007
    I see nothing wrong with the way it is now. If you have trouble finding something, the search feature works pretty well here.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited October 2007
    Those against the idea, or suggesting a compromise, do you realize how ridiculous you look?

You're basically arguing against having to scroll your mouse another 1/4" when you come to Club Polk. :confused:
  • Serendipity
    edited October 2007
    DAMMIT :eek::eek::eek:(in my best Cartman voice) Is no one listening...............Combine the Subwoofer/Bass Management forum into a new heading Home Theater :confused::eek:.

What if you have a sub in a 2-channel system?

It'd be a 2-channel subwoofer/bass management question in the HT forum.
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

• heiney9
    edited October 2007

2.-Create a HT forum.

No, because all the crap that gets posted in the elctronics forum; like My Oppo doesn't work will now clutter the 2-channel forum. A question about a DVDp should be in the electronics forum not the 2channel forum and it could possibly go in the HT forum, but not all posters are going to put it in the HT forum.

h9
  • heiney9
    edited October 2007
    appadv wrote: »
    What if you have a sub in a 2-channel system?

It'd be a 2-channel subwoofer/bass management question in the HT forum.

NO, post it in the 2 channel forum since it's about a 2-channel set-up. Believe me I've been on here awhile and we do get those questions but not very often.

H9
  • Serendipity
    edited October 2007
    No, because all the crap that gets posted in the elctronics forum; like My Oppo doesn't work will now clutter the 2-channel forum. A question about a DVDp should be in the electronics forum not the 2channel forum and it could possibly go in the HT forum, but not all posters are going to put it in the HT forum.

h9

You're right, I wouldn't know where to post a "help me with my DVDP settings" question thread. Especially since I have a 2-channel system run by HT components like DVDP, receiver, HTPC, and projector.
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

• Ricardo
    edited October 2007

h9

Well, If we had a HT forum, the DVD question would go in the HT forum. The problem would be with those people that have a 2 CH Home Theater.....those are the ones that would clutter the 2 channel forum. :D:D:p

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Serendipity
    edited October 2007
    Well, If we had a HT forum, the DVD question would go in the HT forum. The problem would be with those people that have a 2 CH Home Theater.....those are the ones that would clutter the 2 channel forum. :D:D:p

Yes there are quite a few of us!
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

• heiney9
    edited October 2007

That would be me and I don't consider 2-ch to be a Home Theater :D:p:D. I don't think we should elminate the Electronics forum, but if we had a dedicared HT forum the traffic there would go down.

But, and I'm not sure who suggested this, if we combined the Subwoofer/Bass Management forum with a new HT forum and called it Home Theater/Subwoofer. I think that is a superb idea :D
  • Ricardo
    edited October 2007
    I've got it; I have a GREAT idea. Not sure what you guys would do without me.

Let's combine the Subwoofer/Bass Management forum with a new HT forum. See? And there's more.......

We could call it the Home Theater/Subwoofer forum!!!!!!!!

Man I'm smart. :)

SOPA
  • heiney9
    edited October 2007
    I've got it; I have a GREAT idea. Not sure what you guys would do without me.

Let's combine the Subwoofer/Bass Management forum with a new HT forum. See? And there's more.......

We could call it the Home Theater/Subwoofer forum!!!!!!!!

Man I'm smart. :)

Are you mocking me Ricardo?:D:p. I think that's an EXCELLENT idea!!
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited October 2007
    Ok, ok, ok. Just hold it, guys. Let's not start strangling anybody here. I think both sides have some really valid points.

But I think this would work out just fine for both sides:

Why not just rename the Subwoofer/Bass Management forum and make it dedicated to both bass and HT? Should work just fine!

:D:D:D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • jakelm
    edited October 2007

TV speakers should go in 2 channel forum....lol:p:p

Seriously, Is it that big of a deal to add a forum???? Why are we deleting anything, or combining anything? Just add baby...just add...

If it is then I go with H9's idea. Not much going on in the sub section anyways.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• Ricardo
    edited October 2007
    Now, seriously, I don't think we should combine the subwoofer forum. We either have a stand alone HT forum, or leave it as is.

SOPA
  • heiney9
    edited October 2007
    I think we should have a Computer/Technical forum. I mean really, without a working computer we'd have NO access to Club Polk. That's a pretty serious issue.

H9
  • Serendipity
    edited October 2007
    I think we should have a Computer/Technical forum. I mean really, without a working computer we'd have NO access to Club Polk. That's a pretty serious issue.

H9

Good idea, I'm still having computer problems.
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

• heiney9
    edited October 2007
    Now, seriously, I don't think we should combine the subwoofer forum. We either have a stand alone HT forum, or leave it as is.

Seriously, why? Subwoofer is almost exclusively a Home Theater issue, plus it's a low volume forum. Makes perfect sense to me.
  • jakelm
    edited October 2007
    Years ago, 2 channel and Vintage had the most action here.

Now HT is (and I know this hurts some of you) but HT is taking over. More and more are turning thier 2 channel system into a 2/5.1 system. And funny enough, its the one subject (HT) we dont have dedicated. If I have a question about a AVR with a 5.1 speaker system or a HTIB, where do I put it????? Speakers??? Electronics??? 2 channel??? Vintage???? Bass management???
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• heiney9
    edited October 2007
    If I have a question about a AVR with a 5.1 speaker system or a HTIB, where do I put it????? Speakers??? Electronics??? 2 channel??? Vintage???? Bass management???

Yes, all of them :D
  • jakelm
    edited October 2007

Leaving it as is, is getting less and less as an option. There will come a time where there are so many HT ?'s flooding the forums that flood the speaker and electronics section, it will be a cluster F%^&.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• jakelm
    edited October 2007
    appadv wrote: »
    Good idea, I'm still having computer problems.

Still????? Reformat that thing buddy....
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

• jakelm
    edited October 2007
    Seriously, why? Subwoofer is almost exclusively a Home Theater issue, plus it's a low volume forum. Makes perfect sense to me.

H9 you are a smart fellow, and i see your point clearly, but

Please.... give me one reason adding is a problem?
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    M10's back surround
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000