Prayers needed...

Grimster74
Grimster74 Posts: 2,570
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
Well, it's been a rough month for the Grim family. For a month or so now my wife's father has been really ill. Well he finally went to the doctors yesterday to have some test done and low and behold, the doctor's discovered cancer in his colon. He goes back to the doctor today to have an MRI done to make sure it hasn't spread to any other parts of his body. It's really scaring the hell out of my wife because back in June of this year, my wifes grandfather, her fathers dad passed away from the exact same thing.

Well to top it all off, my wife is going in today for an MRI/MRA for her neck. Apparently the neurologist think my wife has an leaking artery in her neck thats been causing numbness in her right hand, headaches and intense neck pains. I come to you guys today asking for prayers that my father-in-law will have a safe and speedy recovery and that the cancer has not spread into any other parts of his body and that the results of my wifes test will find something that will be simple to correct. Thanks.
Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
Post edited by Grimster74 on

Comments

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2007
    Prayers sent; best wishes.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2007
    The Grimster family will be in my prayers.

RT1
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited October 2007
    done ...

Keep us posted

Your in our thoughts and prayers....
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited October 2007
  • criverajr
    criverajr Posts: 1,675
    edited October 2007
    From my family to yours prayers sent.

CRj
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited October 2007
    I will say special prayers for your wife and father-in-law. God Bless!
    Carl

• janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited October 2007
    You and yours are in our prayers. All the best.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited October 2007
    Prayers sent and God bless you and yours.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited October 2007
    Prayers and well wishes.
  • phoneisbusy
    phoneisbusy Posts: 867
    edited October 2007
    Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Dave
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.
  • Maurice
    Maurice Posts: 517
    edited October 2007
    Praying right now bro.
    Everytime I think I'm out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN!!!!!!

Polk 70's,40,30's
    Velo DLS 3500 Sub
    JVC 61" HD-ILA
    Sony DA4ES AVR
    Oppo 981 DVD
    Sony CDP-CX235 CD
    Signal Bi-wires
    AR ProII IC's
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited October 2007
    Done

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited October 2007
    Good luck, Grimster. My dad passed away from colon cancer last year, after it moved to his liver.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited October 2007
    You got it, prayers sent.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited October 2007
    You got it Grim.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Grimster74
    edited October 2007
    Thanks a million guys. My wife had her test done today so all we can do is wait to hear what the results will be, praying for the positive, as far as her father, still no word as to what the results are as far as I know. Once again, its so nice to know I'll as well as everyone else on the forum always have the Polk forum to fall back on for prayers and moral support. Once again guys and gals, THANK-YOU.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited October 2007
    Best of luck to all. Just went through this with my wife, the MRI showed a ruptured disk.
  • jtgranby
    jtgranby Posts: 887
    edited October 2007
    Best of luck and prayers from my family to yours.

Jim
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited October 2007
    Prayers are with you
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,673
    edited October 2007
    Prayers for the Grimster family sent, and best wishes.
    Sal Palooza
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,185
    edited October 2007
    Best wishes man.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited October 2007
    Prayers sent.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Grimster74
    edited October 2007
    Just an update, my wifes test results came back today and all of them are "Normal". She has to call and setup a follow-up appointment and I guess they will figure out where to go from there.

As far as her dad, things are not so good on that end. Apparently he has known something wasn't right for over a year now but never bothered to see a doctor or tell anyone else. Well, after waiting so long to see a doctor about it, apparently the mass has grown so large that it's affected the Spline, Liver, Bladder and Colon. He is supposed to go and have surgery here real soon (not sure of the date) and the doctor's are going to completely remove his spine and parts of both the liver and bladder. Here is the kicker, said he had no problems getting the surgery done but absolutely under no circumstances was he to get chemo or radiation. Doctors even told him the only way he would have a fighting chance is to get this done and his comment was, "Don't care". When the doctor asked why he waited till now to come inn, said he didn't want to be a burden on anyone while his father was dying of cancer. Well, what does he think this is? He's always been one of those people that thinks only of himself and never about anyone else, hasn't even considered he has two daughters and/or 8 grandchildren (only 2 are mine). So long story short, I ask that you guys keep praying that her father, whether it's the right decision or the wrong decision, which ever he makes, that he just be comfortable with as little pain as possible as he goes threw his long journey ahead of him. Thanks again guys and I'll keep ya posted.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited October 2007
    Sorry to hear that Grim. With it having spread so wide, he won't last too long. It would probably be better to just not have the surgery, make him comfortable & let him go. Doesn't make a lot of sense to chop him into pieces knowing that they can't save him.

I'm sorry for the grief that you & your family are about to go through.

Try & remember this & do the exact opposite of what he has done.

Take care.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • bigaudiofanatic
    bigaudiofanatic Posts: 4,415
    edited October 2007
    I'm sorry for the grief that your family is going threw.
    Still Praying for him.
    HT setup
    Panasonic 50" TH-50PZ80U
    Denon DBP-1610
    Monster HTS 1650
    Carver A400X :cool:
    MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
    Kef 104/2
    URC MX-780 Remote
    Sonos Play 1

Living Room
    63 inch Samsung PN63C800YF
    Polk Surroundbar 3000
    Samsung BD-C7900
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited October 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Grim. With it having spread so wide, he won't last too long. It would probably be better to just not have the surgery, make him comfortable & let him go. Doesn't make a lot of sense to chop him into pieces knowing that they can't save him.

I'm sorry for the grief that you & your family are about to go through.

Try & remember this & do the exact opposite of what he has done.

Take care.

Talk about blunt. I guess in the end youre right I suppose. Hopefully he changes his mind and goes through with the chemo or radiation. But in the end we all know when its time to let go and leave this ole' world. So maybe thats the way he feels bro. Sad to say man, I know. Prayers and thoughts sent my brother. Go easy and go for a ride on ya bike man, free your mind. PM if you need anything.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • Polk addict
    Polk addict Posts: 558
    edited October 2007
    Good luck to ya... Hope everything works out... Prayers sent...
    Chiranth
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Cobra + SDA's = dead amps laying all around.