Options
2»

Comments

• snow
    snow Posts: 4,329
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Lsi9 wrote: »
    Luckily I did purchase insurance, all apologies once again...
    Hi Tom if you have the insurance receipt all you have to do is enter the numbers from it into USPS track and confirm online and it will show when it was sent and when it gets delivered.

http://www.usps.com/shipping/trackandconfirm.htm?from=home&page=0035trackandconfirm

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • Lsi9
    Lsi9 Posts: 616
    edited November 2007
    Options
    I sent Wodom the number already
    but I get this response:
    Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office.

I am sure he will get the same response, funny thing is no where on the ticket does it state that the obvious tracking number is the tracking number...I doubt I will ever use USPS for big box items again.

Audio Physic Scorpio II
    Pathos Logos
    MIT Shotgun S3
    Bada HD-22 CDP
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Yeah, I got the same message from the website. USPS sucks!
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,134
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Just to share a story with you

It took me upwards of one month to receive an amp from South Virginia -- roughly 2 4 hours away from me...

It sat in a sorting facility for roughly 2.5 weeks in Greensboro (1.5 hours away)

I was absolutely FURIOUS with USPS, and after that, I had to go pick it up because they dont deliver large items...

I told the guy that he should probally never use USPS again --- just couldnt believe it...

UPS has been lightning fast lately though... thats for sure

Good luck to all
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,329
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Lsi9 wrote: »
    I sent Wodom the number already
    but I get this response:
    Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office.

I am sure he will get the same response, funny thing is no where on the ticket does it state that the obvious tracking number is the tracking number...I doubt I will ever use USPS for big box items again.
    My apologys, i thought that you could track with a insurance receipt number, but it has to be a delivery confirmation number for an extra 65 cents :rolleyes: The insurance costs $2.45

Here is an item I sent off a while ago the insurance # is 13071910000053122386 and gets the same response.

the delivery confirmation #is 03071790000151759478 and gets this response.

Label/Receipt Number: 0307 1790 0001 5175 9478

Your item was delivered at 4:56 PM on October 15, 2007 in MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55445.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • phoneisbusy
    phoneisbusy Posts: 867
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Just to share a story with you

It took me upwards of one month to receive an amp from South Virginia -- roughly 2 4 hours away from me...

It sat in a sorting facility for roughly 2.5 weeks in Greensboro (1.5 hours away)

I was absolutely FURIOUS with USPS, and after that, I had to go pick it up because they dont deliver large items...

I told the guy that he should probally never use USPS again --- just couldnt believe it...

UPS has been lightning fast lately though... thats for sure

Good luck to all

That's nothing!! I once had a receiver that was to be shipped to me delivered to RussMan instead!!
    It made it to Seattle and then took a U-turn to Texas! Took a while to settle that one. :D:D

Dave
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited November 2007
    Options
    That's nothing!! I once had a receiver that was to be shipped to me delivered to RussMan instead!!
    It made it to Seattle and then took a U-turn to Texas! Took a while to settle that one. :D:D

Dave

that was a funny story
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,134
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Haha

That was an oddball...

But thankfully I packed it to go around the world 5 times -- haha

But yeah, what a wild story -- and I had actually forgotten all about that one --

Until right now.. LOL
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,562
    edited November 2007
    Options
    So what the hell happened??? Any updates?
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • wodom1
    edited November 2007
    Options
    I just found out this morning that it's at the post office in the town near my office. I'm no longer working on that project so a co-worker is going to pick it up for me on Monday. The USPS is ridiculous. I won't be able to see or hear it until next weekend at best.
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
  • wodom1
    edited November 2007
    Options
    The amp is now in my possession and the shipping tag verifies that it was shipped on 11/1/07. Let's reiterate: the USPS sucks!

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP