MIT Shotgun S3
Bada HD-22 CDP
Post edited by Lsi9 on

Comments

• wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited October 2007
    Options
    I assume that power is 5 x 220 @ 4 ohms? How do you think this would compare to my Adcom GFA 545 II for my LSi15's?

Josh
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • Lsi9
    Lsi9 Posts: 616
    edited October 2007
    Options
    I dont think it doubles at 4 ohms, Not sure but I think its 180 or there abouts at 4 ohms. still a solid amp as far as comparing sound difference I wouldnt be able to tell you, I have never owned an Adcom

Audio Physic Scorpio II
    Pathos Logos
    MIT Shotgun S3
    Bada HD-22 CDP
  • wodom1
    edited October 2007
    Options
    PM Sent
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
  • Lsi9
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Sold to Wodom, Enjoy!

Audio Physic Scorpio II
    Pathos Logos
    MIT Shotgun S3
    Bada HD-22 CDP
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Sweet deal!
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • wodom1
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Tom,

Where is my amp?! I paid you 16 days ago and I still haven't seen it. You need to respond to my PM's ASAP!

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited November 2007
    Options
    wodom1 wrote: »
    Tom,

Where is my amp?! I paid you 16 days ago and I still haven't seen it. You need to respond to my PM's ASAP!

Uh-Oh!
    Life without music would
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Did you get a tracking number ?
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • wodom1
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Did you get a tracking number ?

No, I never received a tracking number.

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,329
    edited November 2007
    Options
    No, I never received a tracking number.
    Geez thats a shame. I know myself that I will never buy another item from anyone that is not willing to provide a tracking number of some kind. Whether it be fed ex ups or usps here or on ebay. I have 5 items coming in the mail now and I dont have a clue where 2 of them are lol. They might very well be at my local post office and probally are,

but the last 3 items I had shipped there sat there for almost a month without them putting a notice in my po box. I wasnt too concerned because the people that sent these items were long term members here and had great feedback but its a pain in the butt have to go every day hoping that it has finally showed up, when with a tracking number I can see online if its arrived, then I can go to my local post office and show them the tracking number and they will give me the package without the notice in the box.

Good luck with your amp. Everthing is probally fine but it would be nice to know where its at.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited November 2007
    Options
    This is why I like to buy locally. In case there's such a problem, I can just drive to where my money was sent to.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • m00npie
    m00npie Posts: 697
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Has anyone talked to him on the phone or met him in person? His last post was on the 11th of this month. Maybe something happened to him.
  • wodom1
    edited November 2007
    Options
    m00npie wrote: »
    Has anyone talked to him on the phone or met him in person? His last post was on the 11th of this month. Maybe something happened to him.

I hope he's okay. He hasn't answered any of my PM's since Friday 11/9. Since I haven't heard from him since then and the amp still hasn't arrived, I've filed a claim with Paypal to get my money back. This was the last thing I wanted to do, but it seems like I'm running out of options.

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Damn. For anything more than a hundred bucks or so, people need to be a little more responsible / accountable. I know if I sell something other than a DVD or a cable, I pack it like it's a newborn baby, insure for close to the value, and provide tracking for the buyer's and my piece of mind.

Cables and DVDs getting lost in the mail is one thing, amps and speakers costing hundreds is quite another.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • wodom1
    edited November 2007
    Options
    AndyGwis wrote: »
    Damn. For anything more than a hundred bucks or so, people need to be a little more responsible / accountable. I know if I sell something other than a DVD or a cable, I pack it like it's a newborn baby, insure for close to the value, and provide tracking for the buyer's and my piece of mind.

Cables and DVDs getting lost in the mail is one thing, amps and speakers costing hundreds is quite another.

I paid you on the same day I paid for this amp and got the LSiC after a few days. What really sucks is that I can't listen to the LSiC until I get an amp for it!

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
  • Pauly
    edited November 2007
    Options
    I paid you on the same day I paid for this amp and got the LSiC after a few days. What really sucks is that I can't listen to the LSiC until I get an amp for it!

That sucks.

Wanna buy a Rotel 985 MKII ? ;)

Hope everything is ok with LSI but he should have shipped it by now.

P
    Life without music would
  • wodom1
    edited November 2007
    Options
    That sucks.

Wanna buy a Rotel 985 MKII ? ;)

Hope everything is ok with LSI but he should have shipped it by now.

P

Andy was a great guy to deal with. I am pissed that I can't check out the LSiC that I bought from him.

LSi9 said that he shipped the amp out on 11/1/07 via USPS and was told by them that it should only take 4-5 business days. Here we are 10 business days later and no amp and no communication.

Do you have an amp for sale? Maybe when Paypal gets my money back, I'll buy it if you do have one...

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited November 2007
    Options
    That's really rough. Hope this is all a misunderstanding of some sort and can be worked out in everyone's favor.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Sometimes **** just happens man, and I've been on the other side of this before....It was a complete misunderstanding, but I understand why you are kinda pissed. I don't know the situation here, but give him another day or two to work this out. I am pretty sure that he will take notice when Paypal repos the $380 you gave him though...
  • wodom1
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Refefer wrote: »
    That's really rough. Hope this is all a misunderstanding of some sort and can be worked out in everyone's favor.

Sometimes **** just happens man, and I've been on the other side of this before....It was a complete misunderstanding, but I understand why you are kinda pissed. I don't know the situation here, but give him another day or two to work this out. I am pretty sure that he will take notice when Paypal repos the $380 you gave him though...

I really hope that it's just a misunderstanding as well, which is why I'm not making any accusations. I just want to know where the amp is.

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited November 2007
    Options
    To be perfectly honest, I would believe that the post office "misplaced" it somewhere along the way, they have done this to me many times. Hell, my neighbor used to get half of my mail, and I felt pretty bad when the poor guy lugged a 90lb box of cabling half way around the block to my doorstep. It was fun to watch though..:D
  • Pauly
    edited November 2007
    Options
    wodom, i was joking even though you probably dont think its funny. It will work out in the end.

P
    Life without music would
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited November 2007
    Options
    I hope things work out for you,,I've sweated one or two deals elsewhere :(,, but never Here :),,,,it may be time to unleash the,,,, ,,,,, good luck and keep us posted
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • SLOCOOKN
    SLOCOOKN Posts: 704
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Where does Tom live. If near by I could stop by and say hello. :)
    :eek: From the bottom it looks like a steep incline, From the top another down hill slope of mine.:mad: But I know the equilibrium's there!:cool: .."Faith No More" :D
    Sony cx985v (for now)
    BBE 482i
    B&K AVP 1030
    Adcom GFA 555 mk 2
    AudioQuest Crystal 2 spk wire
    Nordost RCA
    SDA 3.1 tl RD0 tweets
    Belkin pf60
    Carver TFM 55x
    Signal Analog 2 RCA
    AudioQuestType 4
    VMPS Original Tall Boy (Mega Woofers soon)
  • Lsi9
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Whoa!

No idea this was going on the last couple of days. Life has been hectic for a couple of days. I just finished responding to Wodom via PM.

I have been here too long to screw someone over for a few hundred bucks. Whatever the case may be, I will make it right.

My guess is that I was giventhe wrong info on delivery or I misheard, tomorrow I am going to the post office to find out what went wrong.
    Just hold tight mate...Thanks

Audio Physic Scorpio II
    Pathos Logos
    MIT Shotgun S3
    Bada HD-22 CDP
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Woohoo!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • wodom1
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Lsi9 wrote: »
    Whoa!

No idea this was going on the last couple of days. Life has been hectic for a couple of days. I just finished responding to Wodom via PM.

I have been here too long to screw someone over for a few hundred bucks. Whatever the case may be, I will make it right.

My guess is that I was giventhe wrong info on delivery or I misheard, tomorrow I am going to the post office to find out what went wrong.
    Just hold tight mate...Thanks

I never thought you were out to screw me. I just got worried after not hearing back from you. I double checked the delivery address you received via Paypal and there shouldn't be any problems there. It sounds like USPS might have f-ed us both over. Did you purchase insurance on the amp? Hopefully so in case the this is all USPS's fault. I've responded to your PM. keep me informed.

Josh

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,654
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Also when good forum members does not answer. I for one worry about if the forum member is OK.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Lsi9
    edited November 2007
    Options
    Luckily I did purchase insurance, all apologies once again...

Audio Physic Scorpio II
    Pathos Logos
    MIT Shotgun S3
    Bada HD-22 CDP
  • Lsi9
    edited November 2007
    Options
    engtaz wrote: »
    Also when good forum members does not answer. I for one worry about if the forum member is OK.

engtaz

Audio Physic Scorpio II
    Pathos Logos
    MIT Shotgun S3
    Bada HD-22 CDP