To Club Polk Members....Old & New.

2»

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited October 2007
    ...like brettw21.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited October 2007
    Mark, lay off the Canadians or no goat for you. :p
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • bigaudiofanatic
    bigaudiofanatic Posts: 4,415
    edited October 2007
    Here Here way to put it.
    HT setup
    Panasonic 50" TH-50PZ80U
    Denon DBP-1610
    Monster HTS 1650
    Carver A400X :cool:
    MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
    Kef 104/2
    URC MX-780 Remote
    Sonos Play 1

Living Room
    63 inch Samsung PN63C800YF
    Polk Surroundbar 3000
    Samsung BD-C7900
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »
    ...like brettw21.

That fruitcake? Hell, we had to go through 21 brettw's before we found a keeper.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited October 2007
    We wouldn't have these problems if there were more cat pictures.

Nice job by the mods in handling that situation, and thanks again to Polk for having the cajones to put up a site like this in these times where people can be sued for parting their hair the wrong way.
    Sal Palooza
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited October 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    That fruitcake? Hell, we had to go through 21 brettw's before we found a keeper.

Hey! That is an offensive term that I...uhhh...take offense to! Yeah, that's it! I take offense to it! :p

brettw22 isn't a fruitcake, he just has "special needs". It's a shame he's more than 16 hours away from doro otherwise, he could get a diapered hug! :eek:
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited October 2007
    Doro;

Agree 100%. I was a little worried that valued members would end up being banned, due to their responses to this recent knucklehead. It's not worth it. Trolls tend to dry up and blow away when they can't get a reaction.

Thanks Justin, Mark, Russ for putting up with our arses. This is one of 8 forums I frequent, and one of my favorites.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited October 2007
    Well said Doro,
    This is the only forum in which I participate/visit because it has the most reasonable people with the fewest goofballs. (Also, Polks are the only speakers I own) :D

The slug has been banned and we can move forward. Now we all can untie our knickers!
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited October 2007
    We dont need moderators - we've got Jesse!

Now if youll excuse me, Im off to start a good cable debate.....
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited October 2007
    Man,

I have missed you guys and apparently I missed some ...uh...uh... discussion as well. But, oh well one more football game and marching season will be over. If I have any ears left, I look forward to listening again for pleasure and reading and laughing for hours at you guys.

Peace....
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited October 2007
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Doro;

Trolls tend to dry up and blow away when they can't get a reaction.

That Troll got louder and louder when he started to detect he was being ignored. That's what got this to such a crescendo. He even started calling Polk engineers to use their replys to discredit on of our resident Phds just to start ****.
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited October 2007
    That Troll got louder and louder when he started to detect he was being ignored. That's what got this to such a crescendo. He even started calling Polk engineers to use their replys to discredit on of our resident Phds just to start ****.

That's when his grinder got too close to my last nerve.
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2