Swearing at work boosts team spirit and morale

2»

Comments

• shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited October 2007
    Swear words are just a regular part of the vocabulary where I work. In this setting, the f-bomb, damn, ****, and every other colorful expression of pain, anger, atc. is used so liberally that nobody seems to realize that they are swearing. It seems like swear words have evolved to be used as prepositions and conjuctions in a way they were never intended. I often have to conciously tell myself that I'm not at work when I walk in to the house and see my 3 year old so I don't slip one in and have her adopt it into her vocabulary.

Shawn
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited October 2007
    The old man was something else when he got going.
    He would sometimes switch over to Geman when he got
    really riled (and he was Irish, WWII is where it came from?).
    My mother has never used a curse word in her life.

I try hard NOT to swear. There's got to be a better way to express yourself.
    Yet, four years of the U.S.M.C. will leave you with a expanded
    vocabulary of not only words, but great ways to combine curses for
    that special occasion requiring it's use!
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited October 2007
    I noticed over my 15 year career at my old job aka "huge world wide corporation" that as time went on, swearing in conjunction to work talk was picking up more and more as time went on. In fact, if you dropped a few good f bombs on occasion when discussing things, people started being more impressed... maybe its because you are showing more emotion and dedication to the issue/project.

Like "That f'ing server dropped like a **** yesterday but I got it back up fast".
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited October 2007
    My mom & dad cuss like Marines on leave. I love'm.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited October 2007
    No, seriously though--I only cuss when I'm around old ladies and small children.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2