What's the most you've ever spent on a CD?

2»

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited October 2007
    Sorry Sal, I should have clarified, it was for the Dire Straights SACD.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    edited October 2007
    It was new. Bought it at Manifest in Charlotte. Had to order it though.
    Linky.......
    http://www.manifestdisc.com/
    This link has Charleston and Charlotte, but there are many others...Tennessee has one, you just have to search and see where the closest one is. They will deliver to the store, but not your house. Been talking with the manager there for over 4 months trying to get him to work something out for you guys.

This is another linky....
    http://www.spun.com/store.jsp?cid=1333792
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited October 2007
    40 bucks for a Japanese import of Airto Moreira's "Fingers" from the 70's. Mad Brazilian percussionist/drummer. I'd pay more for his follow-up, "Virgin Land" which was on Salvation Records. It also featured George Duke, and the Fattoruso brothers, Hugo and Jorge on keyboards and drums. Brazilians kick **** when it comes to wild stuff.
  • treitz3
    edited October 2007
    treitz3 wrote: »
    It's sad really. The best format out there, IMO and nobody hardly carries it. All of the local shops and retail outlets don't carry them and will not carry them. The only store I have found in Charlotte after 66 miles of travel last fall when I found out about SACD was a shop called Manifest. It's about the size of a Target, or large supermarket. With all that they have in that store (probably millions) of CD's / LP's and all other current formats, they have one section devoted to SACD, right behind the DVD-A section. The total amount of space in this vast amount of selections is approximately one square foot containing, on average, one to two SACD's and 16-20 DVD-A's.

Good thing is that they have EXCELLENT ordering prices for SACD's and it usually only takes a week or so to get them if hey are not back ordered or no longer in production.

I guess my point is......get used to it. Everybody in the city of Charlotte has.
    TTM if you find something you really want. ;)

They will not list used Vinyl though, damnit. Sorry H.I., they will not do it. Didn't forget you bro'. ;)
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited October 2007
    I paid I think $60 for the Police box set. Well worth its value for the hundreds and hundreds of hours I have listened to a song off it.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited October 2007
    I think around $30, for a Sarah Brightman CD.
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • Polk addict
    Polk addict Posts: 558
    edited October 2007
    I've only spent $3
    Chiranth
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Cobra + SDA's = dead amps laying all around.
  • cindy100
    cindy100 Posts: 256
    edited October 2007
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2007
    $24.99 is what i'll be spending on remastered 180gram Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
    whenever it comes out. that will be my most expensive one disc/album
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited October 2007
    I don't feel so bad now after reading how much some of you have spent. :)
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.