My new website on wires What do you think?

ben62670
ben62670 Posts: 15,969
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
My friend and I started working on a new website, and I would like to get your opinions on the website. I am trying to keep it fairly simple, and clean.

www.bwaudio.net

Thanks guys
Ben
Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
Thanks
Ben
Post edited by ben62670 on

Comments

• Polk addict
    Polk addict Posts: 558
    edited October 2007
    That looks awesome. I got lazy when I set up mine and used mambo. Glad you guys built it up yourselves. If you need links, I would be more than happy to put up a couple if you give me a code!
    Chiranth
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Cobra + SDA's = dead amps laying all around.
  • ben62670
    edited October 2007
    That looks awesome. I got lazy when I set up mine and used mambo. Glad you guys built it up yourselves. If you need links, I would be more than happy to put up a couple if you give me a code!

Thanks. We had a real jam session last night-this morning till 6am (mostly him:)
    ). We literally started last night at about 10:30pm. My buddy writes in all kinds of code straight up from notepad. No dream weaver, front page, and .... He does his own web hosting, and he tore apart a generic
    shopping cart, and made it the way we wanted it. This is what he does for a living.

Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited October 2007
    Looks good.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Polk addict
    edited October 2007
    Yeah, I'm still in school, so I don't really have the time to write html by hand... BTW, interested in links?
    Chiranth
    hoosier21 wrote:
  • ben62670
    edited October 2007
    Face wrote: »
    Looks good.

Thanks face my friend is a wiz. The site was one of those generic shopping carts, and I have played with web design before, but this guy really tore into this thing, and I am very pleased with how it came out.

BTW Those are not CP member prices;)
    Ben
    Thanks
    Ben
  • ben62670
    edited October 2007
    Yeah, I'm still in school, so I don't really have the time to write html by hand... BTW, interested in links?

My buddy is working one a small banner as we speak. I am not sure what will work with your site, but I will get it to you. It can be manipulated to your taste. Your site is quite the project. Look nice and clean. Keep plugging away.
    Ben
    Thanks
    Ben
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited October 2007
    Nice, easy to view. I like the "Euro/British/Dollar" and "Tell a Friend" touches.

So far, so good.
    Sal Palooza
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited October 2007
    Looks good.

I'd personally provide a little more info on the wire. What exact guage is used, did you use silver solder, etc; I'd add more soft/hard traits to make them look better. Overall, vere nice website, I like it.
  • ben62670
    edited October 2007
    Nice, easy to view. I like the "Euro/British/Dollar" and "Tell a Friend" touches.

So far, so good.

Thanks.
    I really appreciate the constructive criticism that I have received in the past from you guys here. I know this comment may come back, and bite me in the rear, but a year ago I thought wire was wire:o Oh how far I have come. I may expand to silver speaker wires later if I can create something that compares to my AQ CV's with DBS.

Thanks again
    Ben
    Thanks
    Ben
  • MikeC78
    edited October 2007
    ben62670 wrote: »
    Thanks.
    I really appreciate the constructive criticism that I have received in the past from you guys here. I know this comment may come back, and bite me in the rear, but a year ago I thought wire was wire:o Oh how far I have come. I may expand to silver speaker wires later if I can create something that compares to my AQ CV's with DBS.

Thanks again
    Ben

Good idea! Not my business, but I'd definetly have speaker wire on that list. Maybe list some jumpers, and even just sell those locking WTB connectors by themselves?
  • ben62670
    edited October 2007
    MikeC78 wrote: »
    Looks good.

I'd personally provide a little more info on the wire. What exact guage is used, did you use silver solder, etc; I'd add more soft/hard traits to make them look better. Overall, vere nice website, I like it.

Yes.
    The home page text is too plain, and we need to add another page possibly to describe the wires better. Also I want to change some of the the product pics. The XLR pics are gaudy. I will be using the Neutrik Black XLR's with gold contacts. They just look much better, and who doesn't like gold:)
    Thanks
    Ben
  • MikeC78
    edited October 2007
    BTW, Is the site secure and is the checkout encrypted? I'd make sure you advertise that on your website. No one wants to throw out their CC number on the internet.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited October 2007
    What is "BW" and what is "WBT"?
  • ben62670
    edited October 2007
    Good idea! Not my business, but I'd definetly have speaker wire on that list. Maybe list some jumpers, and even just sell those locking WTB connectors by themselves?

As for the WBT connectors they are to expensive to stock. WBT's are $35 shipped, and to be honest the custom locking RCA's are sweet, and a lot cheaper. The main reason why I wanted to get into this is seeing some of the prices of silver wires out there. I like to make things, so I like to sell the whole product. I do like your idea on the jumpers;)
    Thanks
    Ben
  • ben62670
    edited October 2007
    PolkThug wrote: »
    What is "BW" and what is "WBT"?

BW is me, and WBT is a company that makes very nice, but expensive connectors.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited October 2007
    Nice, simple, functional web design. Good job. Maybe have a link that talks more about termination methods, materials, etc.

Looks great Ben!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • ben62670
    edited October 2007
    BTW, Is the site secure and is the checkout encrypted? I'd make sure you advertise that on your website. No one wants to throw out their CC number on the internet.

Thanks for the reminder. It is, and we do need to add that so customers don't worry. Pay Pal is also an option.
    Ben
    Thanks
    Ben
  • MKZ
    MKZ Posts: 1,068
    edited October 2007
    No dream weaver, front page, and ....
    Ben

That's a real pain with Php.
    Simple and nice Ben.
  • ben62670
    edited October 2007
    Thanks guys. i have to go for now, but I'll be back.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited October 2007
    Looks nice. Did you ever get my pm from when you were having family problems?
  • ben62670
    edited October 2007
    Looks nice. Did you ever get my pm from when you were having family problems?

Yes I did get the message relayed to me. I will pm you later.
    Ben
    Thanks
    Ben
  • MikeC78
    edited October 2007
    Also...

Maybe it's just me, but what ends are on the XLR cables? Picture shows one male to female connector, can you get male/male or female/female configurations?
  • MikeC78
    edited October 2007
    :) ...also...

I can't get the links to work on the bottom of the page.

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions
  • ben62670
    edited October 2007
    :) ...also...

I can't get the links to work on the bottom of the page.

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions

It is being worked on as we speak, and as for termination... anything your heart desires;)
    length, termination, and sleeving if desired.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • MikeC78
    edited October 2007
    It is being worked on as we speak, and as for termination... anything your heart desires;)
    length, termination, and sleeving if desired.

Cool, I'd specify and give different choices on the website.

A drop down list like this company is ideal in my book.

http://www.cobaltcable.com/xlr-balanced-audio-cable.htm
  • Polk addict
    edited October 2007
    Cool, I'd specify and give different choices on the website.

A drop down list like this company is ideal in my book.

http://www.cobaltcable.com/xlr-balanced-audio-cable.htm

Oh please give him a break! That's really hard to do, and I speak from experience.
    Chiranth
    hoosier21 wrote:
  • MikeC78
    edited October 2007
    Oh please give him a break! That's really hard to do, and I speak from experience.

He asked for comments and I went out of my way to give him my thoughts. Nobody is forcing him to do anything, it's just a suggestion there slick.

Maybe you should help him?
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited October 2007
    There's not enough ****.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited October 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »
    There's not enough ****.

Is there ever enough?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited October 2007
    Good job. You managed to do the clean part just fine.