One for the record books!

Shannon W.
Shannon W. Posts: 568
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
I don't know if any of you guys keep up with Drag racing but We in the 10" tire since have just see a feat that is beyond Belief! That feat was done last week at Shake down at E-town. Tim Lynch in his 3000# 10.5" tire turbo mustang went faster then a BIG TIRE NO WEIGHT HAVING (NHRA) Pro-stock!

Good Job to Tim and his Crue! LoL

Oh did I tell you he did this at 3000lbs and on a 10" tire!! 6.53@220mph!!!!!!!

Here is the video!
http://ywnv.vidiac.com/video/7fa9127e-b265-4332-9517-99c8000428f3.htm

Shannon
50" Samsung Plasma
Sony STR-DA4ES "use as Pre/amp"
Pioneer Elite DV-45A DVD Player
DLO HomeDock Deluxe iPod docking station
Directv HR20 Sat. Receiver in black
Sunfire Cinema Grand 7 Signature Amp
Monster Cable AVS2000
Monster Cable HTPS 5100 MKII
Polk LSi 9's Front R/L
Polk LSiC Center
Polk LSiFX R/L Surround
Polk LSi 7's Rear R/L
SVS PB12-Plus/2
Velodyne SMS-1
Sony PS3
Click Here To View my Rig
Post edited by Shannon W. on

Comments

• PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited October 2007
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited October 2007
    That's pretty damn impressive.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited October 2007
    HUGE drag racing fan here... That was a KILLER run !! More so for me Funny car and Top Fuel....Pro-Stock is ok...and ANY drag racing is good for me :)

I used to run motorcycles at Baylands Raceway Park in Fremont CA back in the 80's ( When they closed that facility down, It was a dark day for me ) ..fastest time for me was a 9.0/169mph run ( At 169mph I should have been in the high 8's...but being 6' 5" and around 255 at that particular moment in time puts a crimp in your ET..motor made up for the trap speed :) ) on a lowered/wheeliebared/nitroused/cammed/big bore/air shifted Yamaha FJ1100 that I still rode on the street ( Without the wheelie bars of course ) :)

Wednesday night grudge racing there was the best of the best.....
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • Shannon W.
    edited October 2007
    Here is one of the cars that we are building in our shop for some stock suspension street action!

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31385

Shannon "RSP" (Rocket Science Performance)
    50" Samsung Plasma
    Monster Cable AVS2000
    Polk LSi 9's Front R/L
    Polk LSiC Center
    Polk LSiFX R/L Surround
    Polk LSi 7's Rear R/L
    SVS PB12-Plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1
    Sony PS3
  • Polk addict
    Polk addict Posts: 558
    edited October 2007
    That sounds awesome. Ima go watch that video when I go home.
    Chiranth
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Cobra + SDA's = dead amps laying all around.
  • shadowofnight
    edited October 2007
    Not a good idea to leave that turbo sitting uncovered in that car.....the tolerances on those are unbelievable...one ding...bend...something dropped in...and those vanes are toast. Fragile little beasties....
  • Shannon W.
    edited October 2007
    We had just unboxed it and was getting it ready to mount it.. (LoL, He said "Mount it".) LoL

Shannon "RSP"
    50" Samsung Plasma
    Monster Cable AVS2000
    Polk LSi 9's Front R/L
    Polk LSiC Center
    Polk LSiFX R/L Surround
    Polk LSi 7's Rear R/L
    SVS PB12-Plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1
    Sony PS3
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited October 2007
    Beautiful work!
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Shannon W.
    edited October 2007
    TY

Shannon "RSP"
    50" Samsung Plasma
    Monster Cable AVS2000
    Polk LSi 9's Front R/L
    Polk LSiC Center
    Polk LSiFX R/L Surround
    Polk LSi 7's Rear R/L
    SVS PB12-Plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1
    Sony PS3
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited October 2007
    Did he use some Lester Hayes "Stickum" on those tires ? :) Looks like they gripped and launched from ground zero .... pretty cool.
    Sal Palooza
  • shadowofnight
    edited October 2007
    Shannon W. wrote: »
    We had just unboxed it and was getting it ready to mount it.. (LoL, He said "Mount it".) LoL

Shannon "RSP"

:D Good times
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited October 2007
    That's 10.5 slicks, right?

Good deal!

I've been running on a team that runs in drag radial classes. We got something quite potent and it'll likely be at Orlando at the end of October. I think it's a NOPI event. Not sure, I just put the car together. Driving and scheduling is not my concern. Anyway, gonna use it as a shakedown run on the new engine. Might pick up a win too. If so, bonus, if not, BFD, gonna see if we can't take the drag radial record in the coming season.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited October 2007
    Fantastic job
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Shannon W.
    edited October 2007
    Yes that was on a 10.5" slick. As for Drag Radial this year at Orlando I would like to say you will see those guys running 7.50's and faster at 190-200mph so good luck to you guys.
    We raced there two years ago with our drag radial car. But I'd rather watch that race then race there..

So good luck guys!

also I got to go we are getting hit with those storms in the mid west right now and the tornado warnings are going off and on. So see you guys later!

Shannon "RSP"
    50" Samsung Plasma
    Monster Cable AVS2000
    Polk LSi 9's Front R/L
    Polk LSiC Center
    Polk LSiFX R/L Surround
    Polk LSi 7's Rear R/L
    SVS PB12-Plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1
    Sony PS3
  • Face
    edited October 2007
    Are you familiar with my friend Paul Major? I believe he ran the drag radial class at Orlando this year. He has a silver 01 C5 Z06 with a rear mounted turbo.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Shannon W.
    edited October 2007
    I remember that car last year. Rumor has it they aren't going to get him run this year do to a non-stock rear suspension.

Shannon "RSP"
    50" Samsung Plasma
    Monster Cable AVS2000
    Polk LSi 9's Front R/L
    Polk LSiC Center
    Polk LSiFX R/L Surround
    Polk LSi 7's Rear R/L
    SVS PB12-Plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1
    Sony PS3
  • Face
    edited October 2007
    I actually have some parts from his stock rear suspension on my car. I wonder if he's going to ask for them back now? :D
  • Shannon W.
    edited October 2007
    ? Don't know... LoL

Shannon "RSP"
    50" Samsung Plasma
    Monster Cable AVS2000
    Polk LSi 9's Front R/L
    Polk LSiC Center
    Polk LSiFX R/L Surround
    Polk LSi 7's Rear R/L
    SVS PB12-Plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1
    Sony PS3
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited October 2007
    Shannon, with all due respect, you are comparing a forced induction car to a carbureted one that relies on atmospheric pressure to get the air in. Just about anyone can make a forced induction car go fast.

High marks are still in order.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Shannon W.
    edited October 2007
    Its not really about that. :)

Its more like a all carbon fiber car (PS) with big tires at a minimum weight (of what? 2300lbs-2400lbs )with 500" $250,000 Plus leased engine program and a Stick can't go that fast. And PS makes around 1600-1700 hp and all they can do is cry about not getting it to hook on those Big tires. LoL BIG TIRES.

This guys did that with a steel body, 10" tires and a automatic at 3000lbs. And not anyone can make a forced induction car go fast (try it)! Then tell me how easy it is.

But hey man I've got nothing but luv for those guys.

I just never thought in my life time that I would see one of us Small tire guys not just meet or surpass the Big boys but he's got them covered by a country mile!

Want to go Heads up? LoL Man I Hate Pinks!

Shannon "RSP"
    50" Samsung Plasma
    Monster Cable AVS2000
    Polk LSi 9's Front R/L
    Polk LSiC Center
    Polk LSiFX R/L Surround
    Polk LSi 7's Rear R/L
    SVS PB12-Plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1
    Sony PS3
  • SCompRacer
    edited October 2007
    Its not really about that. :)

Now that is funny. Pro Stock is quite a different and strange animal, but it is all about forced induction. Apples and oranges.
    And not anyone can make a forced induction car go fast (try it)! Then tell me how easy it is.

Since you don’t bother to ask any open ended questions, how would you know? It is all past history, but I’ve made my bones in racing, including crewing for a forced induction car. I've worked at a chassis shop, machine shop, done flow bench work, and even Crew Chiefed two years for a professional nostalgia racer. I understand the differences, obviously you do not. Maybe you should go make a carburetor work on a race car, and then you would understand the differences.;)

But hey man I've got nothing but luv for those guys.

I have respect for all types of racing. The key word here is types, or classes. There are differences.
    Want to go Heads up? LoL Man I Hate Pinks!

No, I don’t race anymore. But I do have a fender badge from a guys Grand National turbo car that I beat with a carbureted car. A carb with vacuum secondaries.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Shannon W.
    edited October 2007
    I guess 8.60's (in the 1/4)at 3500lbs in a drag radial car at Orlando ain't working. LoL That was with a 1190cfm Dominator and a SBC on one kit. with two kits the car went 5.39 at 140mph (in the 1/8) carrying the front wheels 2 foot in the air 100 foot out with NO Sissy Bars. We 60ft 1.27 on the back tires on that pass. And it was all done on a 295mm drag radial not a slick!
    Now for the forced induction look at my link!
    Good day to you sir!

Shannon "RPS" Rocket Science Performance.
    50" Samsung Plasma
    Monster Cable AVS2000
    Polk LSi 9's Front R/L
    Polk LSiC Center
    Polk LSiFX R/L Surround
    Polk LSi 7's Rear R/L
    SVS PB12-Plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1
    Sony PS3
  • 66chevyIISS
    66chevyIISS Posts: 857
    edited October 2007
    what a slow car I run those times to the 330 ft mark :D

The NW needs some better classes to run in. Comp and pro comp are so boring. We need something like the NMCA or PSCA up here.

I would love to run in a small tire radial class.
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • Jstas
    edited October 2007
    Yes that was on a 10.5" slick. As for Drag Radial this year at Orlando I would like to say you will see those guys running 7.50's and faster at 190-200mph so good luck to you guys.
    We raced there two years ago with our drag radial car. But I'd rather watch that race then race there..

Shannon "RSP"

Earlier in the year in testing, the car ran a 6.96 on drag radials. Unofficial because it was in test and tune. Had it out for competition but it twisted the solid input shaft on the 'glide like it was a twisty and got knocked out in qualifying without a 1/2 pass that still resulted in a 9.02 second run coasting from the 1/8th mile.

Oh and if "anyone" can make a forced induction car go fast then that "anyone" is just not making any power. To be running with the big dogs in drag radial, you gotta be putting down over 1100 horses to the ground and that equates to about 1600-1700 horses at the crank. Some of the big guys are putting out between 2000 and 2200 horses on turbo cars with boost controls and such. Forced induction or not, fast is fast, power is power and when you are running at that level, you better know how to set up a car otherwise, you're gonna kill yourself or your driver. Just because one car has forced induction and another doesn't doesn't make you part of some elite group of people that are some how better than everyone else. It just means you don't have forced induction. In the end, a win is a win and the guy without the blower or nitrous is still pushing his car on to the trailer and making excuses about how "easy" it is to make a forced induction car fast.

• Jstas
    edited October 2007
    Oh, by the way, a carb'ed car does not rely on atmospheric pressure to "get the air in". It relies on the mechanical force know as vacuum pressure. The engine sucks the air in. It doesn't rely on atmospheric pressure in any way it is just limited by it.

• Face
    edited October 2007
    Jstas, you're correct. And even though FI does make it's own atmosphere in it's manifold, it also can also be limited by the ambient temperature, dewpoint, and barometer(AKA: DA/Density Altitude).
  • SCompRacer
    edited October 2007
    I should know better than to take you on Jstas, as you know everything. Except for that one time you thought what I identified as a V8 ford was a 6 cylinder engine, and you were wrong. (If you can’t remember, I can provide the link to the thread). :D

If you didn’t have atmospheric pressure, what would fill the cylinder when the pistons downward travel created the vacuum? I can’t wait for your response to that one as you manipulate anything said in a general way to show that you are smarter than everyone else.

And my statement that just about anyone can make a forced induction car go fast versus a carbureted car still stands. Yes, you have to know what you are doing to keep any high performance engine together and put the power to the track. I Crew Chiefed for a carbureted car that went 7.02 @ 198. For two years, the guys income and life, along with the safety of his opponent and spectators, depended on the job that I performed. Of course, that probably means nothing to an egotistical punk like you.
  • SCompRacer
    edited October 2007
    I guess 8.60's (in the 1/4)at 3500lbs in a drag radial car at Orlando ain't working. LoL That was with a 1190cfm Dominator and a SBC on one kit. with two kits the car went 5.39 at 140mph (in the 1/8) carrying the front wheels 2 foot in the air 100 foot out with NO Sissy Bars. We 60ft 1.27 on the back tires on that pass. And it was all done on a 295mm drag radial not a slick!
    Now for the forced induction look at my link!
    Good day to you sir!

Shannon "RPS" Rocket Science Performance.

Kewl, you can run it heads up with the turbo car.

Good day to you too.
  • Shannon W.
    edited October 2007
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    And my statement that just about anyone can make a forced induction car go fast versus a carbureted car still stands. Yes, you have to know what you are doing to keep any high performance engine together and put the power to the track. I Crew Chiefed for a carbureted car that went 7.02 @ 198. For two years, the guys income and life, along with the safety of his opponent and spectators, depended on the job that I performed. Of course, that probably means nothing to an egotistical punk like you.

Thats kinda like saying any1 can make a Yard Dart (Rail) can go fast or any one can make a car with a 33x16 slick go fast, so what ever man. But with those statements it's true. If you can't make a 1800lbs POS run fast the you need to just quit racing or a car with a huge tire you have to be kidding. Thats whats funny when we go to the track and people look at these pro cars run 4.80's and .90's (in the 1/8) thinking they are fast, then you tell them to make them weigh 3000lbs - 3500lbs and see how fast they are.. They look at you like "OK?" then they think about it.. Then while they are thinking about it then this guy in a Stock Suspension Drag Radial car busts off a 4.88 @ 157mph (in the 1/8) @ 3400lbs, then they don't think those pro cars are that fast any more. LoL

Also speaking about forced induction how much positive manifold pressure do you think that 500" NA pro-Stock motor has Because of the Big hood scoop they run @170 -206mph? So now to me that is not a NA motor. It has some type of forced induction (RAM AIR if you please) action going on. If it was a truly NA motor make them take to scoops off the cars and make them put a cowl induction (non-forward facing scoop) type hood on them and see how much they slow down. LoL

Don't flip out man, Just bust'n your chops.. :)

Shannon "RSP"
    50" Samsung Plasma
    Monster Cable AVS2000
    Polk LSi 9's Front R/L
    Polk LSiC Center
    Polk LSiFX R/L Surround
    Polk LSi 7's Rear R/L
    SVS PB12-Plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1
    Sony PS3
  • Shannon W.
    edited October 2007
    Jstas wrote: »
    Earlier in the year in testing, the car ran a 6.96 on drag radials. Unofficial because it was in test and tune. Had it out for competition but it twisted the solid input shaft on the 'glide like it was a twisty and got knocked out in qualifying without a 1/2 pass that still resulted in a 9.02 second run coasting from the 1/8th mile.

6.96? I'm not undermining you but was that supposed to say a 7.96? The reason I ask is because the fastest Drag Radial pass we have seen ever so far was Dave Wolfe at last years World Ford Challenge and he went 7.40 flat. and this year was the first time ever for a Drag Radial Car to run 200mph but it was never backed up due to the guy wrecking the car after that run in the shut down.
    I just thought I'd ask, but if your Buddy has broken in the 6's with a Stock Suspension car on drag radial thats a huge feat in its self and I can't wait to see that in O-Town.

Shannon "RSP"
    50" Samsung Plasma
    Monster Cable AVS2000
    Polk LSi 9's Front R/L
    Polk LSiC Center
    Polk LSiFX R/L Surround