Week #6 in the NFL....

2»

Comments

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited October 2007
    Seattle looks totally lost. Alexander is terrible. I don't think he is capable of breaking any tackles. I don't know how Seattle expects to win much of anything this year if Alexander can't run any better.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited October 2007
    Polkmaniac wrote: »
    Wasn't that the 72 Dolphins?

Yup, fixed it. (Before I was born, you know?)
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • auto_pilot
    auto_pilot Posts: 256
    edited October 2007
    I was contemplating some ways to beat the Patriots...My suggestion...Time eating, smash mouth, bull dozing running attack that keeps the ball out of Brady's hands for scoring.

On the defensive side...punish Moss when he catches over the middle...and punish Brady when you can.

Cause...short of taking Brady out of the game with some sort of malicious hit...that offense can't be stopped w/out having the best corners and safeties in the business.
    Cambridge Audio AZUR 640R
    KEF IQ2C Center, Fronts KEF IQ1 , Rears KEF Ci302Q
    Sub Outlaw LFM2
    Panasonic Plasma 1080i (50u)
    Sony DVP-NS70H (DVD)
    Belkin Pure Audio PF31 Line Conditioner
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited October 2007
    I gotta agree with those who said the Patriots didn't look so hot. They are always impressive but something was getting to them. I think it was the Dallas offensive line. The Pat's D-line looked worn down by the end of the 2nd quarter and when the Cowboys came out gunning, they were running over the Pat's D for a good chunk of the 2nd half.

The Pats looked good but not as good as they normally do. However they did dispense with what is looking like the most formidable team in the NFC this year. The 2nd half showed that the Pats haven't really had to deal with an offense as capable as they are. In other games, the Pat's D dominated the whole game. The Cowboys gave them a run for the money.

The Cowboys now, they showed how young of a team they really are. They honestly beat themselves before the Pats beat them. They didn't play anywhere nearly as bad as the Buffalo game and they looked like they got their act together. Only problem is that when you are playing a game like that against a team like that, even the smallest mistakes hurt you. Dallas got away with those small mistakes with other teams because other teams could not capitalize on them as well as the Pats. Silly things like Romo under-throwing 'cause he got flustered in the pocket or Owens dropping a ball he should have caught were killing them. They missed vital yardage opportunities and it hurt them bad. Then there was the big ones like how the hell did Marion Barber get out of that safety situation? That was incredible running and he's honestly one of the most talented 'backs in the league. I wish he had better numbers that showed it.

Overall, I think both teams played well. I think both teams made mistakes and it hurt both of them. I think that game should have been much closer and I think that's why Owens was whining about it because he knew it and so did probably every other Cowboy on that field. I think the Pats sighed a huge sigh of relief because they knew it too. That game could have gone either way.

The game wasn't the brawl I was hoping for it to be but neither team ever let up. Every score on either side was very much earned and I think that we had a look at the Super Bowl game. Dallas was clearly the weaker team but if they stop playing so sloppy and stop making the little mistakes, the Pats will have a tougher time with them in the future if it gets there. The Pats and Cowboys both got a wake-up call. The Pats have not really had it easy but I don't think they have faced an offense like that yet. The only one that compares is Indy and if the Pats want to best the Colts, they gotta stop a power offense like that. The Cowboys gotta stop playing so sloppy and get better at the passer protection. They can buy alot of time and wear down the opponent's D-line but they don't do well in the 1st half. They need to pickup blocks and move lines better. They need to pick up the blitzes better too. It's easier in the 2nd half because those 300+ pound beasts just pummel the worn out D-line in the second half. But when you have a secondary like the Pats have, you aren't going to make the big plays easily and it's very difficult to outscore a power offense like the Pats.

The Pats gotta control the pace better and keep the offense on the field and give the D-line a break against punishing offensive lines and rushing games like what Dallas has. While their secondary is quite good, they will get run over against star wide-outs like Owens or Moss. They should be glad Moss is on their team.

The Cowboys need to clean up their play and stop making so many little mistakes. Romo needs to calm down in the pocket and get some confidence in his throwing ability. He is a quarterback with star potential and greatness in him. When he realizes that, he'll be unstoppable, like his idol, Brady. The Cowboys also have to get the offensive line clicking BEFORE halftime instead of waiting for the opponent's defensive line to get tired. They are ineffective in the first half and when you play a team that is capable of marching down the field and scoring in the first possession, you can't be so lazy in the first half. Especially when the opponents defense is so potent. They have to stop relying on the offense's ability to outscore the other team and play some tougher defense.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited October 2007
    exalted512 wrote: »
    Of course they didnt look as impressive, they played one of the best teams in the league right now. Give credit where credit is due. They didnt play bad, they just played a tough team.
    -Cody

exactly..I guess this is how you critique your team when you win all the time..

As a Viking fan, I'm just happy when they score an offensive TD:rolleyes:
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited October 2007
    Polkmaniac wrote: »
    I agree he's amazing. I think eventually people are just going to quit kicking to him altogether. Hell, if I had a good defense, I'd just kick the thing out of bounds, take the penalty, and let the defense do their thing..not many teams can get away with that though.

This is already happening on kick-offs...the vikings kept squibb kicking it to the 30 yardline..problem is..the other team will then start at the 40 every time...but it may be better than taking your chances with hester..
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited October 2007
    krabby5 wrote: »
    exactly..I guess this is how you critique your team when you win all the time..

I used to hate that in high school. We'd get 3 rounds deep in playoffs, play a team that was in the top 10 in the state, beat them, then get told we didnt look as good as we normally do. Well no ****ing ****, we just played a team that was closer to our team's skill level, we havent done that before.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited October 2007
    The Patriots **** suck. Only 48 against the one of the best NFC teams. WTF...they are broken...