Week #6 in the NFL....

Frank Z
Frank Z Posts: 5,860
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
And the Broncos did not get blown out this week...yippie!

Dallas lost, N.E won....yippie x2!
9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
Post edited by Frank Z on

Comments

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited October 2007
    Patriots.....just wow......again
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited October 2007
    Wasnt AS impress with the Pats this week - but they still did a phenominal job and what a game...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2007
    What does it take to impress people exactly? :)

48 points against one of the top 3 teams in teh league should be up there.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited October 2007
    Well - I've watched pretty much every game they've played this season...

And they weren't as perfect as they displayed in other games.

Granted they played a harder team, but ya know - Fumble? 3 Sacks?

I'm just looking at them from the perspective that they are as of right now an ELITE team. Through and through --

They played a GREAT game and came out the victor with little issue...

But they weren't near as impressive as they did in their other games...

IMO
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited October 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »

It was a great showing by the Patriots.....
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • ABX
    ABX Posts: 109
    edited October 2007
    Pats vs Colts what do ya think ?
  • shadowofnight
    edited October 2007
    And right now I am watching the Reggie Bush show :) Well actually its halftime and I just watched T.O. crying about the game mentioned above.....P L E A S E :D
  • ABX
    edited October 2007

I'm just looking at them from the perspective that they are as of right now an ELITE team. Through and through --

IMO
    Panthers Won .....
  • shadowofnight
    edited October 2007
    ABX wrote: »
    Pats vs Colts what do ya think ?

Come Nov 4th....I would pay big money to be at that game....I would say Colts by 7...Since both should be division winners ( At this rate ) It would also determine home field advantage in the playoffs...
  • 66chevyIISS
    66chevyIISS Posts: 857
    edited October 2007
    Hawks look like **** for a 2nd straight week. This sucks :(

hopefully we can pull off a miracle 2nd half.
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited October 2007

IMO
    Of course they didnt look as impressive, they played one of the best teams in the league right now. Give credit where credit is due. They didnt play bad, they just played a tough team.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited October 2007
    Chiefs won ugly... I HATE prevent Defense... the worst thing ever invented about football...

Tony G breaks, and then adds another TD for icing on the Tight End Record... sweetness. His bust will be in Canton soon enough.
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• shadowofnight
    edited October 2007
    MrNightly wrote: »
    Chiefs won ugly... I HATE prevent Defense... the worst thing ever invented about football...

Tony G breaks, and then adds another TD for icing on the Tight End Record... sweetness. His bust will be in Canton soon enough.

Tony Gonzalez is a class act....not only an outstanding football player, but does a lot of charity work as well
  • ABX
    edited October 2007
    Come Nov 4th....I would pay big money to be at that game....I would say Colts by 7...Since both should be division winners ( At this rate ) It would also determine home field advantage in the playoffs...
    I think it will be determined by where it is played.
  • shadowofnight
    edited October 2007
    If both win their respective divisions....the winner of this meeting earlier in the year ( Nov 4th ) should determine who has homefield advantage for the playoffs...not where they play the game.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited October 2007

Great team! No doubt, let see how they handle the Colts. Colts have broken the jinx, and well some of the Pats (Brady excluded) are looking a little old. Chad Scott, Junior Seau, Eddie Bruchi, yeah they'll catch LT or Willie Parker in the open field. I don't know that Randy Moss can play a whole year. He is notorius for not playing hurt. Somebody will light him up, even it it is a cheap shot, just because he's an ****. Someone will tell Ray Lewis that Randy called him a sissy.

The Pack just might have the Midas touch.

Ravens defense is starting to look a little old, tough but old. Ed Reed is phenomenal.

Steelers are winning with their younger guys. Sometimes a change in coach does wonders. Two years ago they beat up the big bad Broncos, Colts, Bears, etc. as a 6th seed. They might be better than their super bowl year.
    Carl

• ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited October 2007
    So, what does everyone thing of our man Adrian Peterson? He seems to be the real deal! Now, if only my Vikings had a coach.
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • shadowofnight
    edited October 2007
    schwarcw wrote: »
    The Pack just might have the Midas touch.

I hope Brett does awesome this year....he is a true good ole boy
  • bobman1235
    edited October 2007
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Colts have broken the jinx, and well some of the Pats (Brady excluded) are looking a little old. Chad Scott, Junior Seau, Eddie Bruchi,

Luckily we have his better known cousin, Tedy Bruschi :)

The Colts definitely make me nervous. No one is talking about them this year, and that's ALWAYS cause for concern. Look forward to the game though.
  • dane_peterson
    dane_peterson Posts: 1,903
    edited October 2007
    ninerbj wrote: »
    So, what does everyone thing of our man Adrian Peterson? He seems to be the real deal! Now, if only my Vikings had a coach.

That guy is awesome. It seems like we always have a top notch player... C. Carter, Moss, Peterson... if only we could string some wins together.
  • bobman1235
    edited October 2007
    I'm also still amazed at Devin Hester. That guy is... some kind of freak of nature. He's like a return man savant.

From Peter King's article today :
    In 22 career regular-season games, he has nine special-teams returns for touchdown. The record for special-teams returns for touchdowns: 13, by Brian Mitchell -- in 223 career games. Hester is on pace to break Mitchell's record in one-eighth the number of games Mitchell played. Absurd.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited October 2007
    Anybody remember Dante hall a few years back, everyone was saying the same thing about him then. Hester is awesome, but teams always eventually find a way shut these 'freaks' out.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited October 2007
    I don't know why you Pats fans are nervous about playing the Colts, you should win that game with ease.

No one is talking about the Colts because they really haven't looked all that great this year, I mean, who have we beaten, really??

That being said, the Colts are my team and I'd like nothing better than to see them beat the Patriots - i just think it's a long shot.
  • bobman1235
    edited October 2007
    Polkmaniac wrote: »
    Anybody remember Dante hall a few years back, everyone was saying the same thing about him then. Hester is awesome, but teams always eventually find a way shut these 'freaks' out.

Dante Hall returned 3 or 4 in a short span. Hester has been consistent enough over two seasons to push him beyond that status. I refer you again to the above quote - he's 4 away from breaking the record for return touchdowns, which took ~14 seasons to set, in 2 seasons.

You may be right, but it's pretty amazing what he's doing. And watching the clips of him doing it is impressive.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited October 2007
    I agree he's amazing. I think eventually people are just going to quit kicking to him altogether. Hell, if I had a good defense, I'd just kick the thing out of bounds, take the penalty, and let the defense do their thing..not many teams can get away with that though.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited October 2007
    Bobman:

Those Patriots, my word they look good. I haven't seen a team that complete since maybe the 95-96 GB teams or the early 90's Dallas teams. An unstoppable offense, top 10 defense, and solid ST. If I were the 72 fins member, I'd be fairly nervous. There looks to be only one team left that can beat the Pats straight up in that November 4 game. Barring injuries or just taking a game off, they look close to unbeatable right now. Of course bad weather can shut them down with Maroney getting hurt all the time and Sammy Morris being not much more than serviceable. That's the only **** I see in the team.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited October 2007
    Polkmaniac wrote: »
    I agree he's amazing. I think eventually people are just going to quit kicking to him altogether. Hell, if I had a good defense, I'd just kick the thing out of bounds, take the penalty, and let the defense do their thing..not many teams can get away with that though.

Against the Bears O, you could do that every single time. I think I would tell the kicker to just kick it as high as possible on kickoffs and have the Bear's fair catching the ball at the 30-35 yardline on kickoffs and instruct my punter to keep it out of play.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • shadowofnight
    edited October 2007
    I'm also still amazed at Devin Hester. That guy is... some kind of freak of nature. He's like a return man savant.

From Peter King's article today :

He IS a freak of nature...like he sprays PAM on himself before returns....
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    edited October 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    If I were the 77 fins member, I'd be fairly nervous.
    Wasn't that the 72 Dolphins?
  • bobman1235
    edited October 2007
    Sure was.