Speeding Ticket! And I have questions!

13»

Comments

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited October 2007
    First offense getting a lawyer is absolutely retarded. Make up a **** story about what happened prior to your court date, go to court believing your **** story and you'll walk away not guilty. Worked my first couple times for me as well as numerous friends of mine.

I won't be posting in this thread anymore because it's getting ridiculous for a measely ticket only 16 mph over.
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited October 2007
    Never got a ticket so I don't know. But my best advice, AB, is to drive slower.

I usually go like 53MPH in a 55 zone.

71MPH is your "slow" speed? That's waaaaaay too fast.
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2007
    appadv wrote: »
    Never got a ticket so I don't know. But my best advice, AB, is to drive slower.

I usually go like 53MPH in a 55 zone.

71MPH is your "slow" speed? That's waaaaaay too fast.

I don't believe you would drive 53 in a 55 zone with me in the car. That action would put me to sleep, the snoring that would follow may force you the drive at least twice the posted speed to remove my A$$ from you car ASSP. ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited October 2007
    $heeeeeeit, I've cruised the Autobahn in Germany at 110-130 for hours. :D

For you... ummmmmm, I don't know; my Dad always told me to "Drive as fast as you can afford."
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited October 2007
    petrym wrote: »
    $heeeeeeit, I've cruised the Autobahn in Germany at 110-130 for hours. :D

For you... ummmmmm, I don't know; my Dad always told me to "Drive as fast as you can afford."

That's a great motto. If I lived by that, I'd be walking. :(
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited October 2007
    I don't know about your state. In Texas, you can see the court clerks prior to the court date.
    They can look at your driving record to see if you're eligible for deferment. Son #1 was caught
    for a heck of a lot more than 15mph over when he was 16, and they were able to give this to
    him with no lawyer, or DA or any of that ****. I don't know that a three piece suit , a lawyer,
    a bible, or a **** story would of turned out any better.
    Go do your homework. We can only tell you what works where we live.
    Go call the number on the ticket and ASK. If you don't have 20 tickets in the glovebox,
    no need for Perry Mason for this one.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson