I'm gonna be a daddy!

dane_peterson
dane_peterson Posts: 1,903
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
Just found out on Wednesday that my wife is pregnant. This will be our first. It wasn't exactly "planned", but we weren't trying not to either. Just thought I'd share my news!
Post edited by dane_peterson on

Comments

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited October 2007
    Congrats, I know I was an accident, your kid will be proud.

(kidding on the accident thing)

Congrats anyway :D
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited October 2007
    Life can be like that sometimes. Congratulations to you both!
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited October 2007
    Congrats to you both. Nothing better than a family of your own....nothing at all!
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited October 2007
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited October 2007
    Congratulations!
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited October 2007
    Congrats!
    Now comes the interesting part. Be warned, they grow up faster than can be imagined.
    My youngest is in college now. Make sure to plan to spend at lot
    of time with the little one. I think age 3-4 years is the most interesting part
    of child raising. They discover something new every day. Hide your turntable!
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Disc Jockey
    Disc Jockey Posts: 1,013
    edited October 2007
    Congratulations, you're in for the treat of your life!
    "The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage." Thucydides
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited October 2007
    Congrats, start buying the diapers now. You can never have enough. I did this and its a good way to get ahead.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited October 2007
    You know, I know how that happens.

I've seen pictures.

Congratulations, Pops !

:)
    Sal Palooza
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited October 2007
    There's nothing like having a little girl around the house.

Hope it's the start of a beautiful and long lasting Peterson dynasty.
  • mutelight
    mutelight Posts: 1,054
    edited October 2007
    Congrats man!
    // Panasonic AE8000 // Pioneer SC-57 // Polk Audio RTi A9 // Polk Audio CSiA6 //
    // Polk Audio FXi A6 // SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer // Logitech Harmony Ultimate // Pro-Ject Debut III //
    // Oppo BDP-103 // Microsoft Xbox One Day One Edition // Sony Playstation 4 1TB SSHD // Nintendo Wii U //
    Photo Gallery
    Movie and Game Collection
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited October 2007
    Congratulations! My wife and I are expecting in January (another girl - we have a three year old). We were married for close to 7 years before our first was born. Let me tell you, if you think you love your wife now, wait until you see her be a mom. And it's amazing how you can love the baby so much immediately after it's born. It is one of life's true miracles. PM me your address and I'll send you a book that helped me a lot to prepare. I am amazed everyday at how much I love my little girl and my wife - there is something new each day!!!! Nothing better in the world - enjoy.

Shawn
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • chillywilly
    chillywilly Posts: 167
    edited October 2007
    congrats on becoming a dad.
    FXi3 sats
    RTi10 fronts
    CSi5 center
    velodyne dps 10
    denon avr 888
    velodyne dps 12
    sammy lcd
    ps3 60gig
    wii for family
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2007
    Congrats!!! the moment you see him/her you'll be a different man (better).

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited October 2007
    Congratulations!

We have a beautiful 7month old daughter. Having a child is an amazing experience.

If you don't have a membership to a BJ's, Costco, Sam's or other membership club, get one soon. You'll be surprised how many diapers infants go through.
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited October 2007
    Congats!! There's nothing like holding your child for the first time. Then they yak on you and you can get away fast enough!
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited October 2007
    Congrats. I put my down payment on one back in May and the package should be shipped the end of Feb. Spend as much time with your little on as you can, time flies by so much faster after you have little ones. My oldest will be 4yrs this month, and it seems like we just brought him home a few months ago.
  • PADZZ
    PADZZ Posts: 83
    edited October 2007
    Congrats. My 2nd boy will be here in 2 weeks. I'm more nervous the 2nd time. My 1st is 4 1/2 now. It's fun, but a lot of work. Good luck!!
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited October 2007
    Congrats! The greatest "job" ever.
  • dane_peterson
    dane_peterson Posts: 1,903
    edited October 2007
    Thanks everyone. So many thoughts have been going through my mind... I'm losing energy just from thinking!
    We are going to take a look at some "starter" homes today. With as important as money now will be, it just seems to make sense that we don't rent anymore. A very exciting life ahead... I can't wait!
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited October 2007
    Keiko wrote: »
    Has any of you ever wondered what position your parents were in when you were conceived? :confused::p

Congrats Dane! :)

You are one sick puppy;) :D
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited October 2007
    Congrats.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited October 2007
    Congratulations.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited October 2007
    Has any of you ever wondered what position your parents were in when you were conceived? :confused::p

As long you remember she can't be on top, you know that gravity thing. :)

Congrats Dane! I have a 3 month old laying somewhere around here...oh he's outside by the pool with his mom. :p
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited October 2007
    Congrats
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2007
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited October 2007
    Congratulations! My (unsolicited) advice: don't spend a lot on fancy little (0-12 month) outfits, they grow out of them way too fast.
  • dawningphoenix
    dawningphoenix Posts: 39
    edited October 2007
    Congratulations!
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited October 2007
    Has any of you ever wondered what position your parents were in when you were conceived?

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... no. :eek:
    But I know when/where our two children were! :D
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited October 2007
    Congratulations man! Good luck on finding a home, I've spent the past month searching.....Which cities are you looking in?