Week 4 in the NFL

2»

Comments

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2007
    TroyD wrote: »
    They are going to the Super Bowl...that's where they are going.

After the first few weeks, they look as dominant as any team I've ever seen, even without Harrison and Seymour.

Looking forward to the Indy game.

BDT

Let's recap...so far the Pats have:

- Beaten a 1-3 Jets team who's only win was over a bad Miami team...
    - Beaten a 1-3 San Diego who's only win was over a HORRIBLE Bears team...
    - Beaten a 1-3 Buffalo who's only win is over the Jets (see above)...
    - Beaten a 1-3 Cincy team who's only win was against an average Ravens...

I'm not sure I would hand them the Lombardi Trophy just yet. They have dominated 4 weak teams (granted two of them surprising, but weak nontheless), and had the media gushing, but lets see how the season plays out. They certainly have a fairly weak schedule with Dallas, Indy and Pitt seeming to be their only real challenges.

There are a few other unbeatens.

- Dallas has beat up on two teams with 0-4 records, a 1-3 and a 2-2.
    - Green Bay has squeeked by a 2-2 record team and three 1-3 teams.
    - Indy has beaten an 0-3 team, a 2-1 team and two 2-2 teams.

I wouldn't take Green Bay too serious, but the Pats have to play the Cowgirls before Indy. That will be a decent test. The Steelers seem to be playing tough this year as well.

Of course Indy must play Tampa Bay (3-1), Jax (2-1) and Carolina (2-2) leading up to the Pats. So by then we should have a better idea how strong they are as well.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2007
    Every year when there's a dominant team people say they only played weak teams. Name another "strong" team that would prove the Pats were decent. It's week 4, no team has proven themselves as strong yet, and therefore no team can PLAY a team that is proven as strong. You have to take each team against who they've played and until it's proven otherwise, you assume they're good.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2007
    I didn't say they weren't good...I'm just not crowning them the best team of all time as some (including the talking heads) have already done. IF they "dominate" teams such as Dallas, Indy and Pitt then we can start talking levels of "greatness"...until then they have simply had some nice wins against weak teams.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2007
    Meh, we all love a little hyperbole, plus everyone wants to witness history, so we tend to exaggerate :) It's all in good fun.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.