Week 4 in the NFL

mrbigbluelight
mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
edited October 2007 in The Clubhouse
Well, it looks like I'm kicking a$$ this week !! Yeah, that's right, I .....

.....oh, just a second, let me put my glasses on.

Okay, let me rephrase that ... Well, it looks like I'm getting my a$$ kicked this week !!

Geez.
I tried some long shots that paid off (Oakland over Miami, Lions over the Bears).
I had to stick with the Rams (thought Linahan would pull Bulger, but ...nooooo !), so that went into the pooper.

Who knew the Cleveland Browns would wake up this much ?

Geez.

:o
Sal Palooza
Post edited by mrbigbluelight on

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited September 2007
    I have a whopping ONE so far. Wow.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited September 2007
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited September 2007
    What a game in SD... who let the dogs out?!?

Tied for first in the West. It's a whole new season. :D

GO CHIEFS! That D is for real boys and girls...
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited September 2007
    How 'bout dem Cowboys!!!:D
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited September 2007
    Woooo! Chiefs are in first! Ok, so they are only 2-2, and they are tied with two other teams, but it's still first! :D

Can't believe they beat the Chargers...do you think they can get Marty to come back in midseason? lol, fired the coach of a 14-2 team, what a bunch of friggin idiots!
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited September 2007
    Seahawks still looking good!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited September 2007
    fireshoes wrote: »
    Woooo! Chiefs are in first! Ok, so they are only 2-2, and they are tied with two other teams, but it's still first! :D

Can't believe they beat the Chargers...do you think they can get Marty to come back in midseason? lol, fired the coach of a 14-2 team, what a bunch of friggin idiots!

I wasn't a big Marty fan , but when they hired Norv I just about crapped my pants. The guy's like Dave Wannstadt. They both always have a look of total bewilderment on their faces because of what's actually unfolding on the field in front of them. :confused:
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited September 2007
    #4 ranked D coming into this game... Chiefs are for real folks... ;) Of course, the national media will say how the Dolts shot themselves in the foot and the Chief's didn't win this..... whatever. A win on the road against a division rival, is amazing and will be taken no matter how it shakes out.
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited September 2007
    Well the Broncos started strong.....didn't finish that way though. Hats off to Indy, they are a great team.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2007
    Wow! Talk about some upsets!

Detroit beating the snot out of Chicago, San Diego getting stomped on by KC, Pittsburgh getting owned by Arizona.

Never saw those coming.

Oh well - I dont mind losing to upsets. At least the point spreads only knocked me out of 2 extra. I can live with that.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited September 2007
    I don't usually watch Eagle games. But I like to watch Giant/Eagle games. I liked this one a lot. Filthy looked pretty good. Any idea where both McNabb AND Andy Reid might be working next year?

You can bet your **** that I wished Filthy could've had possession of the ball one more time, JUST SO THE GIANTS COULD'VE SACKED MCNABB ONE MORE TIME FOR A NEW NFL RECORD!

I have mentioned I'm from Brooklyn right?
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited September 2007
    Football already? Baseball's not done yet!
  • ka7niq
    ka7niq Posts: 577
    edited September 2007
    How bout dem Tampa Bay Buccaneers ?
    Detroit beating Chicago was no suprise really.
    Chiefs beating San Diego was a sort of suprise.
    But Norv Turner could **** up a wet dream.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited September 2007
    What the hell is going on in San Diego?

Seahawks looked good overall. Defense was great. Marcus Trufant had two picks. The offense was acceptable. Shaun Alexander continues to piss me off.

Seahawks have had the good fortune to injure major players for their opposing team a couple times already. That certainly helps them. Next week against the Steelers should be interesting.

John Kitna is the man.

I am very happy to see the Bears in total disarray. Hopefully they won't be around for the postseason to give the Seahawks fits.
  • G-2
    G-2 Posts: 533
    edited September 2007
    ka7niq wrote: »
    How bout dem Tampa Bay Buccaneers ?

Bucs D was outstanding and the O played good as well!
    Home Theater
    Chane
    A3rx-c's, A2rc-c, A1rx-c's|Miller & Kreisel V-125's|Sony XBR65X810C 65" 4K LED TV|
    Earthquake Cinenova Grande-5|Pioneer Elite - VSX-84TXSi-AVR|TRIPPLITE LCR2400|
    Ultrasonic Amp Stand|Blue Jeans,Audioquest,Monster Cables|

2 - Channel
    Polk
    RTA 12c's w/RDO194 TWEETS, clarity ESA caps mills resistors (full mod)|Turntable|
    Anthem MCA 2|Acurus Act 3 Pre Pro|Parasound P/Ph 100|Pioneer Elite N-30|Adcom GDA600|
    Premier Rack|Blue Jeans,Audioquest,Monster Cables|
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited October 2007
    good thing i don't make a living picking NFL games...good Lord:eek:
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited October 2007
    I don't usually watch Eagle games. But I like to watch Giant/Eagle games. I liked this one a lot. Filthy looked pretty good. Any idea where both McNabb AND Andy Reid might be working next year?

You can bet your **** that I wished Filthy could've had possession of the ball one more time, JUST SO THE GIANTS COULD'VE SACKED MCNABB ONE MORE TIME FOR A NEW NFL RECORD!

They only lost because people criticized McNabb for being black. It's not his fault folks.....

Shizelbs wrote:
    What the hell is going on in San Diego?

Norv Turner.

Marty may have not been able to win the BIG one...but he won most of the others. Maybe Norv will win the BIG one...if he gets them there (not likely)
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited October 2007
    I didn't get to watch all of the Cowboys game! :mad:

Stupid FOX jumped over to the Green Bay/Minnesota game midway through the 3rd quarter after a "game break"! I missed half the scores! Stupid FOX. Anyhoo, how about that Patrick Crayton? Had a career day yesterday, all because Tony Glenn is injured and can't play. He's really stepping up. I think part of the reason was the the Rams were running so much man-to-man and either doubling up on T.O. or putting one of their worst CB's on Crayton, he just ran around them. There were several spots where they put so much coverage on T.O. that they had no one or inadequate coverage on Witten, Crayton and Jones. Even Romo took advantage of it for his rushing touchdown.

They are calling Romo "El Matador" and you know what? The way that guy avoids trouble, it's deserved. I mean, he took a bad snap, lost the ball for a 33 yard loss, picked it up, turned around and ran it back 37 yards and still got the first down! Granted it was due to a screw up but it's not the actual screw up that matters but how you handle it and go about fixing it. He could have dove on the ball and went into the fetal position to retain possession but he didn't. He kept his head about him and converted a bad spot into a good spot. He's still young and very fresh and that shows. With that O-line that Dallas has though, he is in a very good spot to get his feet wet in the NFL. He's gonna be a big deal. Dallas better fork over some money for him. He has the capability to take that team all the way. If Dallas's defense keeps playing like they did on Sunday, they are going to be the team to beat.

Everybody is saying that the Bengals are gonna be the Pat's trap team tonight. I don't think so. I think the Pats and Dallas is going to be a slobberknocker and Dallas has a damn good chance of winning that one and handing the Pats their first loss.

Philly looked horrendous. I never saw such a disorganized defense in my life and the inability of the offense to move the ball was sickening. I'm not even a fan. Philly should have won that game. Sure, Westbrook was out with an injury but if that's all they have then why they were ranked as high at the beginning of the season is a mystery to me.

On the same note, the Giants were a bit haphazard but they are looking better than they did in the past few weeks. The NFC East is usually one of the roughest divisions in the entire league and it's starting to shape up that way again. The Giants, the 'skins and the 'boys are all tough teams to beat and Philly would get their act together, they would be too. I don't think Philly will catch the 'boys now though. Their defense is just not where it needs to be to live up to the hype they got at the beginning of the season.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Jstas
    edited October 2007
    shack wrote: »
    Norv Turner.

Marty may have not been able to win the BIG one...but he won most of the others. Maybe Norv will win the BIG one...if he gets them there (not likely)

Norv needs to wise up and let LaDainian Tomlinson run the damn ball. He doesn't get the ball nearly enough to establish a rhythm in a game. If he would be allowed to run, the guy can make things happen. I mean, he was the MVP last year for a reason. Let him do his thing. There is no reason that Sandy Eggo shouldn't have one of the top 5 running games in the league.

• MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited October 2007
    You may have to be from the area to realize just how bad my plight is. My wife, the woman I love, the mother of my kids, is a Dallas fan:mad: After sunday I have had my "stones" broken about how good Dallas played and our beloved Birds poor showing.
    If this was not bad enough, by some strange magic, all of the shot glasses in the house have vanished except the Dallas set her aunt bought her. Do you know how mad my friends get when they have to drink Patrone from a dallas glass?
    She's lucky she's pretty or she would have to go.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited October 2007

How's about those Phillies!!!!! :D
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited October 2007
    How's about those Phillies!!!!! :D

What an impressive comeback. I think they will be the team I rout for this October.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited October 2007
    MSALLA wrote: »
    You may have to be from the area to realize just how bad my plight is. My wife, the woman I love, the mother of my kids, is a Dallas fan:mad: After sunday I have had my "stones" broken about how good Dallas played and our beloved Birds poor showing.
    If this was not bad enough, by some strange magic, all of the shot glasses in the house have vanished except the Dallas set her aunt bought her. Do you know how mad my friends get when they have to drink Patrone from a dallas glass?
    She's lucky she's pretty or she would have to go.

You are one lucky man:D
  • Jstas
    edited October 2007
    daboyz wrote: »
    You are one lucky man:D

I know! That's what I was thinkin'! That dude married a chick that has her head on straight!

Just remember, one of the seven habits of highly effective people is to associate yourself with winners. That would pretty much exclude the Eagles.

What's also funny is this rivalry that doesn't exist. You go to The Linc and mention the Cowboys and you've broken every commandment and get damned to hell. You go to Dallas and mention the Eagles and they are likee "Pfft! Who?" Mention the Redskins in Dallas though and look out! They skin you alive and run your carcass up the flagpole. I'd mention Dallas at a Redskins game in D.C. if I wasn't so afraid of being shot!

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited October 2007
    So... how bout them Pats :D
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited October 2007
    No Mr. Pearsall. How about those Eagles?

Quick change. How about all those Filthy residents I'm reading about in my local paper, who are SEPTA riders, and being penalized for NOT buying their tickets at SEPTA stations that DON'T SELL THEM. I love that city. No end to the comic material. America's butt, Filthadelphia.

How about that murder rate? #1 in the nation I believe?

Please stop me.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited October 2007
    ?

America's butt, Filthadelphia.
    but hows about those Phillys,Im not a fan but what a final stretch they had.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited October 2007
    Pats left me grinning ear to ear again, how could one not be happy with them. :D
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited October 2007
    Man, I gotta say - except for an interception Brady looked, again, perfect at QB haha

The whole team is phenominal!

Will be exciting to see where the Patriots go this year, and I dont even like the Patriots.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2007
    They are going to the Super Bowl...that's where they are going.

After the first few weeks, they look as dominant as any team I've ever seen, even without Harrison and Seymour.

Looking forward to the Indy game.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut