Do You Guys Run Your SDA'a And SRS's Close To Back Wall ?

Options
2»

Comments

• ka7niq
    ka7niq Posts: 577
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Like it...The Rogue throws a huge soundstage with great body and detail.

I've tried several tubes,have settled into a pair of Sylvania's for everyday listening.

The original Mullards are also excellent
    I LIKE Tubes too!
    Being a Ham, I frequent Ham Fests.
    To most Hams, a tube is a tube is a tube.
    I have bought RARE old and NOS tubes, Mullards, Telefunkens, Amprex, etc, etc, from kindly old Hams for a dollar apiece!

NEVER let them know you are also an audio guy, LOL

I have had luck with new tubes in some samples of the Sovtek LPS, and JJ Tesla.

Does the Rogue take 6922's or 12ax7's ?
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited September 2007
    Options
    I have the LSR 66 "linestage/remote" which accepts the 12AU7's...there are lots to choose from

I've been "working" on the owner of a longtime electronics shop...I know he has a goldmine of old tubes stashed somewhere in the back room.

One of these days I'll catch him in a weak moment :D
  • woofiepaws
    woofiepaws Posts: 214
    edited September 2007
    Options
    My 1.2tls are 12" from the wall. Closer in the bass was bloated. Got to get some corner traps and stuff.
    MacBook Pro running Roon-Monoprice USB-Schiit Gungir Multibit-Audioquest Earth-Schiit Freya with Tung Sol 6SN7s-Audioquest Sky-Krell FPB 400cx-Audioquest Mont Blanc-1.2tls with all the mods.
  • ka7niq
    edited September 2007
    Options
    I have the LSR 66 "linestage/remote" which accepts the 12AU7's...there are lots to choose from

I've been "working" on the owner of a longtime electronics shop...I know he has a goldmine of old tubes stached somewhere in the back room.

One of these days I'll ketch him in a weak moment :D
    Ham Fests are also a good source.
    You are correct, the 12AU7 is plentiful.
    My Dared Tube Line Stage takes 12at7's,. cheap and easy to find good ones.

Jim Mc Shane from Audio Asylum knows his tubes.
    I have had good luck buying matched sets of used ones from him before.

I always like to use a used tube first, see IF I like it.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,832
    edited September 2007
    Options
    ka7niq wrote: »
    Yeah, KNOW what you mean.
    This kind of crap IMHO runs off the timid, and those who like to avoid conflict.
    I fall into neither one of those categories.

This is about the THIRD time this person has been outright rude and condescending towards me.'
    He has made "excuses" for his rude behavior like "this is just HOW we roll here".
    Being new here, I just kinda took his crap, but NO more.
    I am a Polk SRS and RT 2000p owner, and have every "right" to be here, and ask as few, or as many questions as I wish, EVEN seemingly repetitive ones.

Just as everyone else does.

He does NOT "own this board", and quite frankly, I find his signature offensive, and not the least bit funny.
    Every time he posts, that signature is visible, yet I have tried to be tolerant.
    But when he starts attacking me, that is where the **** stops.
    F1nut, I am NOT gonna take your **** anymore, understand ?

I am NOT gonna be "bullied" off this or any other board, so get USED to me, or avoid my threads/posts.

You obviously have me confused with someone else, I never make excuses.

If you find my sig offensive, then you lack a sense of humor and I can't help you with that.

Personally, I find your posts to be full of bad advice, you constantly name drop, seem to ignore the good advice given to you by myself and others here, seem to think you waltzed into a forum where no one but you knows squat and generally seem prone to bragging. So no, I don't believe I will ever get use to that.

Enjoy your stay.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Joe08867
    Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
    edited September 2007
    Options
    KA7NIQ, It actually gets kinda old when a person asks the same questions over and over. That said I say ask away. Youare just trying to dialogue wih as many people as possible. If I don't want to answer I will just move on.

IMHO though F1 was just being funny, The only person cursing is you.:confused: He is just typing what I am sure some people really feel.

F1 Love the siggy,:D
  • ka7niq
    edited September 2007
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    You obviously have me confused with someone else, I never make excuses.

If you find my Sig offensive, then you lack a sense of humor and I can't help you with that.

Personally, I find your posts to be full of bad advice, you constantly name drop, seem to ignore the good advice given to you by myself and others here, seem to think you waltzed into a forum where no one but you knows squat and generally seem prone to bragging. So no, I don't believe I will ever get use to that.

Enjoy your stay.
    Then IGNORE me, Ok ?
    Go find some "easier prey".
    You do not intimidate me, in the least.
    My world is not going to come apart because you do not like what I have to say.
    Like all audiophiles, I have my ideas about audio.
    ETFOOM for voicing them strongly ?

Last time I looked, this WAS an audio discussion forum.
    ETFOOM for not echoing the "party line" according to you.

You and I do not see eye to eye.
    What you call name dropping, I see as mentioning my friends or people in audio I have known.
    Sorry if that offends you.

What you call bragging, I call telling the truth.
    I really DO own a LOT of stuff, too much actually.
    Some I like, some that sucks.
    Being NEW to THIS forum, maybe someone will know that I own this or that piece if I tell them.
    And perhaps I can KEEP them from making a mistake like I did, or turn them on to a neat, overlooked piece of gear.
    But HOW shall they know, IF I never mention what I have ?
    I was unaware Polk Forum Members also belong to the Psychic Friends Network :rolleyes:

You say I "ignore" the good advice given to me, can you provide an example ?
    I bought RDO 194 tweeters for my SRS 2's, so I must listen to some of it.

No, I am not gonna use Solen caps in my SRS's, and you know why too.

I bought the SDA Compendium, but do admit I haven't read it all yet.
  • ka7niq
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Joe08867 wrote: »
    KA7NIQ, It actually gets kinda old when a person asks the same questions over and over. That said I say ask away. Youare just trying to dialogue wih as many people as possible. If I don't want to answer I will just move on.

IMHO though F1 was just being funny, The only person cursing is you.:confused: He is just typing what I am sure some people really feel.

F1 Love the siggy,:D
    His siggy does not really bother me either.
    I perceived him as throwing stones, so I threw one back.
    Read my considered response below,, in Bold ?

And yes, you are correct, I am trying to dialoge with as many as possible, get many opinions.
    Sorry if my repeated questions offend you :)

I like it here, and wish war with no one, especially a fellow Polk owner.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,091
    edited October 2007
    Options
    10" off the back wall. More bass than I know what to do with. Very little bloat and lots of extension. Doesn't seem to affect soundstage too muc, but I've never not followed the recommended placement. Not to mention in my room it would look a bit funny having these big speakers a couple feet or more from the wall behind them.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • ka7niq
    edited October 2007
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    10" off the back wall. More bass than I know what to do with. Very little bloat and lots of extension. Doesn't seem to affect soundstage too muc, but I've never not followed the recommended placement. Not to mention in my room it would look a bit funny having these big speakers a couple feet or more from the wall behind them.

H9
    I moved mine back a foot, they sound better, but a LOT of that I attribute to the Pink Noise I have been feeding them lately.

My speakers were unused for years.
    The guy has 2.3 TL's, sold off his SRS 2's ....

Maybe the pink noise is refreshing the caps ?

Who cares what is happening, it sounds good!