cheep guitar

sophie
sophie Posts: 511
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
i have a 12 year old brother that is looking to buy his first eletric guitar. he was looking at this... http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Special-II-and-Amp-Pack?full_sku=513150 . just woundering if this is ok for the price.

Payton
Polk monitor 10B's and 5 jr's
Adcom gfa 5500 and HK/240
Adcom gtp 400
Adcom gcp 600
MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
Post edited by sophie on

Comments

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited September 2007
    sophie wrote: »
    i have a 12 year old brother that is looking to buy his first eletric guitar. he was looking at this... http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Special-II-and-Amp-Pack?full_sku=513150 . just woundering if this is ok for the price.

Payton

Normally, GC has great deals on some guitars. They are made just for GC to their specs. Not a bad deal. Not top shelf, but for a starter it's ok.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited September 2007
    Epiphones are great starter guitars
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • POLKOROLLA
    POLKOROLLA Posts: 74
    edited September 2007
    i currently play a fender lonestar strat - great guitar - i have always been a little more partial towards the strat style guitars - with that in mind you may also want to check out squire guitars - made by fender - they are great beginners as well - plus they have that smaller style strat fret board - which is great for smaller hands
  • GaryZ06
    GaryZ06 Posts: 317
    edited September 2007
    JimBRICK wrote: »
    Epiphones are great starter guitars

Yes some are but not the ones Zakk Wylde plays:D
    Panasonic 50" Plasma + Pioneer 6010
    Toshiba XA2 HD-DVD
    Panasonic BD30 Blu-Ray
    Pioneer 1014
    Polk RTi12 (front)...Polk CSi5 (center)
    Polk RTi4 (rear)...Velodyne DLS 5000-R Sub
    3 Outlaw M-200 Amps
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,185
    edited September 2007
    To get rolling/Rocking there is nothing wrong with that deal.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited September 2007
    you mean like this?
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones