edited October 2007 in Vintage Speakers
"Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
Post edited by BottomFeeder on

Comments

• avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Yeah, except for that big ol' smack mark on the top corner! But for that price, the tops and bottoms could be redone and it would STILL be a decent deal.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Not TL's; look at the tweeters.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Good eye....those ARE SL2000's so that's a pair of SRS's or 1.2's.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Nice catch!

Boy be makin' a false claim!
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited September 2007
    Options
    I have no idea how anyone can discern SL3000 from SL2000 tweeters in that very fuzzy photo. They look silver-ish to me.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,850
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Those are SL2000's, clear as day. Maybe it's your monitor.

The header says 1.2TL, but the description says 1.2 and judging by the tweeters and the crossover plate, they are 1.2's.

Edit: Just checked and it's seems I forgot that the SRS and 1.2 have the same crossover plate. Best check with the seller to see if the IC is blade/blade or pin/blade.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited September 2007
    Options
    rskarvan wrote: »
    I have no idea how anyone can discern SL3000 from SL2000 tweeters in that very fuzzy photo. They look silver-ish to me.

It's not the color only; look at the leads.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited September 2007
    Options
    I just asked the seller a couple of questions. One about the color of the tweets and two which county in PA he's in. There are atleast a half dozen Uniontowns in PA.
  • analog97
    analog97 Posts: 328
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Hey Joe (Love sayin' that):

That Uniontown is the one 25 miles south of me (Pittsburgh, PA)..
  • jtgranby
    jtgranby Posts: 887
    edited September 2007
    Options
    That is one h**ish wear mark, looks more like a chunk is missing:p

JT
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited September 2007
    Options
    My brother lives in Uniontown. I wonder how close to him.

Are you looking for another pair Dr. Kingsley?:D
    Carl

• michaeljhsda2
    michaeljhsda2 Posts: 2,176
    edited September 2007
    Options
    That's one heck of a "wear" mark. Makes you wonder if it was dropped. I would be very leery of buying these.
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    Silk Audio MS-90-BT integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    SDA 2B TL's
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited September 2007
    Options
    That's the wear mark of a beaver or axe murderer!
  • analog97
    analog97 Posts: 328
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Carl,

I claim to know a Dr Sardonicus, but that other guy is a fictional character. Actually, I was interested in getting these and hiring an real engineer to use small mag-lev devices to suspend these two monster POLKS sideways for my new surrounds. The heck with dipoles....
  • JWilson984
    JWilson984 Posts: 1
    edited September 2007
    Options
    I am the seller and I am not here to promote the sell of these, I just wanted to clear some things up. Yes I did put down 1.2tl in the title, I just copied from a previous pair that sold and I forgot to remove the tl, thanks to everyone who let me know my mistake. As far as the mark in the corner it is probably more than a wear mark but I can assure you that at 180 pds if it had been dropped the damage should have been far worse, my guess is the last owner smacked it off of a doorway or something moving it. Every thing works perfectly on these and I would not let them leave my home unless the person who owns them next listened to and checked them out first. I have had them for around 5 yrs, and I hate to part with them, but I just don't have the need for speakers that large any longer.
  • schwarcw
    edited September 2007
    Options
    JWilson984 wrote: »
    I am the seller and I am not here to promote the sell of these, I just wanted to clear some things up. Yes I did put down 1.2tl in the title, I just copied from a previous pair that sold and I forgot to remove the tl, thanks to everyone who let me know my mistake. As far as the mark in the corner it is probably more than a wear mark but I can assure you that at 180 pds if it had been dropped the damage should have been far worse, my guess is the last owner smacked it off of a doorway or something moving it. Every thing works perfectly on these and I would not let them leave my home unless the person who owns them next listened to and checked them out first. I have had them for around 5 yrs, and I hate to part with them, but I just don't have the need for speakers that large any longer.

Good luck with the sale. If they were the TL's we may be talking. I am local!

Carl
    Carl

• movtarget
    movtarget Posts: 125
    edited October 2007
    Options
    So, I bought these from JWilson984 (Thanks J!).

They may actually be SRS as opposed to 1.2's (definitely not TL).

Interconnect cable is blade/blade. I can't seem to find a thread that tells how to distinguish between SRS/1.2/1.2tl definitively.

The tweeters are (what I assume to be) SL2000 (same as in my original SDA 2's and the 'black' 2(a's? or b's?) I picked up recently. I am sure my 2's are original 2's, but don't know how to identify the black pair (only 2 mid-woofs, 1 tweeter).

I'm working on pics. Already popped two of sides off of one of the SRS towers to see if it had a born-on-date (none found). I'll pop the sides off the other next.

MovTarget, now back in NC (NC-Va-WV-PA-WV-Va-NC in less than 24 hours - 950 miles - not as bad as 9 years ago when I bought my first pinball machine from a seller in Boston:)
  • jtgranby
    edited October 2007
    Options
    movtarget wrote: »
    So, I bought these from JWilson984 (Thanks J!).

They may actually be SRS as opposed to 1.2's (definitely not TL).

Interconnect cable is blade/blade. I can't seem to find a thread that tells how to distinguish between SRS/1.2/1.2tl definitively.

The tweeters are (what I assume to be) SL2000 (same as in my original SDA 2's and the 'black' 2(a's? or b's?) I picked up recently. I am sure my 2's are original 2's, but don't know how to identify the black pair (only 2 mid-woofs, 1 tweeter).

I'm working on pics. Already popped two of sides off of one of the SRS towers to see if it had a born-on-date (none found). I'll pop the sides off the other next.

MovTarget, now back in NC (NC-Va-WV-PA-WV-Va-NC in less than 24 hours - 950 miles - not as bad as 9 years ago when I bought my first pinball machine from a seller in Boston:)
    Your black are probably SDA 2b studio's. Blade/Blade more than likely SRS'S
    Nice road trip. Pics please.

JT
  • movtarget
    movtarget Posts: 125
    edited October 2007
    Options
    SDA 2 pics + SDA SRS Pics (Can't get a good photo in the garage, will have to wait for daylight to get better diffusion on the light source). The serial number on the SRS reads: SDA-SRS 4714

Note that the passive on the SRS has a scratch (really a lengthy dent). I assume it's likely more cosmetic than having any noticeable effect.

MovTarget in NC
  • jtgranby
    edited October 2007
    Options
    movtarget wrote: »
    SDA 2 pics + SDA SRS Pics (Can't get a good photo in the garage, will have to wait for daylight to get better diffusion on the light source). The serial number on the SRS reads: SDA-SRS 4714

Note that the passive on the SRS has a scratch (really a lengthy dent). I assume it's likely more cosmetic than having any noticeable effect.

MovTarget in NC

SDA 2B Studio

JT
  • schwarcw
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Congrats Movtarget! Let us know how you like them!

Carl
    Carl

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,850
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Interconnect cable is blade/blade.

Definitely SDA SRS's.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited October 2007
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Definitely SDA SRS's.

Unless...these are 1.2's that fell victim to the dreaded SDA "hand-me-down" syndrome. Polk might have had some SRS blade/blade binding post plates to use up. Because of all the factory assembly line and prior owner parts switching shenanigans that went on, a fair amount of research is required to buy a pair of SDA's. So sad.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • twochannel
    twochannel Posts: 171
    edited October 2007
    Options
    Nothing wrong with owning original SDA-SRS's. I've had mine for 21 years and they still sound great. The store that I had purchsed mine from had both the original version(trade in's) and the 1.2's on the floor at the same time and I felt that the SDA-SRS's had a deeper sound stage. I compared them in the same room with the same electronics and cables.