Week #3 NFL

2»

Comments

• krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited September 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    He's always been very accurate with his throws, but like any QB there are communication issues, be it with a receiver not running his route correctly or simply a busted play due to coverage. So yes, mistakes are made from time to time.

The times Favre gets himself into trouble and gets called a 'Gun Slinger' is when he throws a tight spiral into double coverage, usually resulting in a tipped ball by his own teammate due to the insane speed of the pass. Said tipped ball usually gets intercepted. That happens all the time. People only whine about it when that happens, but not when the receiver catches the ball for a big gain/touchdown, which happens more often than not.

Calling Manning more accurate than Favre is laughable, and he's probably my 2nd favorite QB of all time. The guy has never had a real tight spiral, which leaves to flutter passes when distance is involved. Great QB, but precision accuracy has never been his strong suit.

Go back and watch Brett in the Pro Bowl contests before the games....not a true passer, but one of the most accurate QB in recent history by far.

As much as the Vikings suck, Favre still has problems playing in the dome...I wonder which Favre will shut up next week..

I guess the good thing for the pack is that the Vikings are so terrible that more than half the stadium might be filled with Packer fans.. the way the Vikings franchise is being run into the ground, nobody is paying good money to watch this crap..
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited September 2007
    He hasn't had any real problems there the last few years there...Domes in general, the team has never done well in, be it St. Louis, Minneapolis, Detroit..