Week #3 NFL

BaggedLancer
BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
Discuss.

Yay Pats, looked hairy at first but no suprise in the end. Favorite play was the lateral from Welker to Moss, totally wasn't expecting that.
Post edited by BaggedLancer on

Comments

• beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited September 2007
    week 3 and I have yet to win on any of the bets / pools that I have engaged in....

bummer for me !

looks like the 49rs are getting beat up right now....good thing I`m a Raider fan !
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited September 2007
    Got free tickets to the Chief's from a rep at work... oh ya. What a great game to lose the voice. D Bowe is for real. What a player.

Tied with the Chargers... this could get interesting for the West this year!
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2007
    Ravens over Cards...barely.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited September 2007
    Frank must be hiding after Jacksonville killed Denver.

The Pats scared me at first, but got their rhythm back and whomped the Bills.

Good to see Green Bay beat up on the whiners in San Diego.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • 66chevyIISS
    66chevyIISS Posts: 857
    edited September 2007
    Go Hawks once again! Can't wait for them to start clicking.
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited September 2007
    I didn't get to see the game, thankfully, but if anybody is wondering why the Jags beat the Broncos, it was simple, the Jags had nearly 39min. of possession.
    It doesn't get any better for Denver, they go to Indy next week. All you fantasy players with Harrison as your wideout may want to sit him, he usually ends up being a decoy for taking Champ Bailey out of the play.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited September 2007
    Go Cowboys!!!

Man, it hasn't been this exciting for a looooong time. 3-0!
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited September 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Frank must be hiding after Jacksonville killed Denver.
    No, I didn't watch any football today, I was busy....
    4ut9aqh.jpg

I heard the Broncos really stunk up the place today.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited September 2007
    What the hell is wrong with the Chargers? I really like them, but man they are sucking this year. They look like an entirely different team. I wonder how much the people and media in San Diego are starting to vocally criticize the choice in dropping Marty Schottenheimer.

Seahawks looked good. Not great but good. A rough week for fantasy owners of Hasslebeck, as his interceptions weren't the results of poor throws, just odd bounces. I sure like Seattle's receiving corps. Alexander pisses me off. I like him in the red zone (i.e., when he runs hard and with effort). I want to see more Seneca Wallace.

Pats are looking scary good.

Glad to see so many NFC West losses.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited September 2007
    Well, in an attempt at giving you all a chance at winning the pool this year, I graciously slept in today and didn't get up until 12:10.

Crap. :mad:

It's okay, though, I was able to watch the St. Louis Rams give their weekly clinic on how not to tackle.

Here we have Tampa Bay Graham breaking a "tackle" by Corey Chavous and Lenny Walls.

Rams Graham breaks tackle by Corey Chavous and Lenny Walls.jpg

Graham's grandmother wasn't able to suit up for the game against the Rams, so Graham figured he'd go ahead and try to get a mild Sunday workout.

Ram's Coach Linahan said the Rams are okay, that they were in the game until the end.
    :confused:

I guess the motivational speeches by the speaker hired by Rams owner Georgia Frontiere to give to the Rams is paying off in spades for Coach Linahan.

awesome animated.gif

Hell, if I wanted to see a professional football team play this badly, I'd move to Kansas City !

;)

Well, at least I have the Cardinals to watch ..... no, no, bad example ....okay, at least I have the Blues ...... no, okay, another bad idea.

:o
    Sal Palooza
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited September 2007
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    What the hell is wrong with the Chargers? I really like them, but man they are sucking this year. They look like an entirely different team. I wonder how much the people and media in San Diego are starting to vocally criticize the choice in dropping Marty Schottenheimer.

Maybe they simply got beat. Like the Giants and Eagles.
  • Frank Z
    edited September 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Maybe they got beat. Like the Giants and Eagles.
    Didn't the Eagles whip up on the Lions today?:confused:
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2007
    Yeah, in a hardcore fashion to say the least.

Looked more like College score....
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Demiurge
    edited September 2007
    Frank Z wrote: »

I'll let you figure out what I meant.

09/09 Eagles W, 16-13

09/16 @ Giants W, 35-13

09/23 Chargers W, 31-24
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited September 2007
    hey Frank, where was that pic taken?
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited September 2007
    Panthers BARELY win with Harrington playing QB for the Falcons.

LAME

Not exciting.

The Patriots though, wow -- what a dominating force that team looks to be. Man handling in every aspect. I didnt get to see the game unfortunately, but it seems except for the beginning they displayed absolute perfection again.

Other than that, I am excited about Green Bay and would love to see them go alllll the way. However I got a feeling if it were GB and NE in the Superbowl -- It would be domination haha

Oh well, what a boring season for me so far. Granted Ive been so busy, did a 5 hour church install Sunday followed by 5 hours in HW!

Crazy stuff!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited September 2007
    My Colts won again, but I never got the feeling they were ever completely with it offensively, just seemed like an unmotivated performance.

Barring some disaster, I don't see anybody making it past the patriots out of the AFC.
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited September 2007
    MrNightly wrote: »
    Got free tickets to the Chief's from a rep at work... oh ya. What a great game to lose the voice. D Bowe is for real. What a player.

Tied with the Chargers... this could get interesting for the West this year!

the Vikings are a horrible, horrible football team, though..

vikes should have been up 21-3 at half...blown call by the officials on one and their qb completely over-throwing a WIDE open receiver for the other..

when it was only 10-3 at the half, I knew the Chiefs would win.
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited September 2007

Lions lost the game more than we won the game. Eagles played a fair game but the lions looked like crap. We still gave up 21 points.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • Frank Z
    edited September 2007
    markmarc wrote: »
    hey Frank, where was that pic taken?
    Here ya go...
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?p=701668#post701668

[/Hijack]
  • Frank Z
    edited September 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    I'll let you figure out what I meant.
    Can I borrow your Gibberish to English Handbook?:rolleyes:
  • Demiurge
    edited September 2007

No, you can figure it out, I have faith.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited September 2007

Look back at who the chargers played and how that team did against the Eagles and Giants. Dave's point is that GB beat all those teams and not that each of those teams lost to an inferior team.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Demiurge
    edited September 2007
    Which is up for fair debate, I'm just happy with my team this year is all. I'm surprised by the early success, but having watched every down since the pre-season, they actually look like a young team that's going to make things happen this year. A playoff team for sure, but going deep within them? That I am not so sure of at this point. Patriots look damn good, and besides them, I don't know if there's a team they don't have a legitimate shot at beating in this league, aside from possibly Indy.

To me they're a younger version of last years Bears team with a quarterback. The thing that holds them back is the complete lack of a running game, which will be a HUGE problem down the road. We are getting our starter back in the next week or two, so we'll see how that works out.

Oh, and speaking of the Bears, anyone want to man up and accept that Wrecks Grossman needs to get thrown under the friggin' bus? I have been saying this since he joined the NFL. He does not have the right attitude to succeed in the NFL. He cost the Bears the Superbowl, which they likely would have lost anyways, but still...

While I think the Cowboys were the much better team last night, the lack of a competent QB for Chicago does not allow us to see the full potential of that team.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited September 2007
    Lovie Smith is far too loyal to this mouth breather.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • Demiurge
    edited September 2007
    That's true. I really shouldn't complain, they are bitter rivals. The longer that train wreck is under center the better for me.
  • thejck
    thejck Posts: 849
    edited September 2007
    The Vikings suck which sucks and the Rams suck which is good.

The Cardinals (baseball) were eliminated and the Rams confirmed that they stink.

I guess 2 out of 3 aint bad...

P.S. I am a vikings fan and I hate those St. Louis teams.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited September 2007
    I typically prefer the more accurate Steve Young / Peyton Manning type over the gun slinging, close your eyes and throw it as hard as you can and hope your team ends up with the catch approach of Brett Favre...

But c'mon, how can you not root for this guy?
  • Demiurge
    edited September 2007
    Polkmaniac wrote: »
    I typically prefer the more accurate Steve Young / Peyton Manning type over the gun slinging, close your eyes and throw it as hard as you can and hope your team ends up with the catch approach of Brett Favre...

But c'mon, how can you not root for this guy?

He's always been very accurate with his throws, but like any QB there are communication issues, be it with a receiver not running his route correctly or simply a busted play due to coverage. So yes, mistakes are made from time to time.

The times Favre gets himself into trouble and gets called a 'Gun Slinger' is when he throws a tight spiral into double coverage, usually resulting in a tipped ball by his own teammate due to the insane speed of the pass. Said tipped ball usually gets intercepted. That happens all the time. People only whine about it when that happens, but not when the receiver catches the ball for a big gain/touchdown, which happens more often than not.

Calling Manning more accurate than Favre is laughable, and he's probably my 2nd favorite QB of all time. The guy has never had a real tight spiral, which leaves to flutter passes when distance is involved. Great QB, but precision accuracy has never been his strong suit.

Go back and watch Brett in the Pro Bowl contests before the games....not a true passer, but one of the most accurate QB in recent history by far.
  • auto_pilot
    auto_pilot Posts: 256
    edited September 2007
    Cowboys won!!!

JJ needs to pay Romo...does he have a better option???

I'd also add Aikman as one of the most accurate passer's I've ever seen...He absolutely shredded the pre-pro bowl QB contest some years back.
    Cambridge Audio AZUR 640R
    KEF IQ2C Center, Fronts KEF IQ1 , Rears KEF Ci302Q
    Sub Outlaw LFM2
    Panasonic Plasma 1080i (50u)
    Sony DVP-NS70H (DVD)
    Belkin Pure Audio PF31 Line Conditioner