Week #2 in the NFL...

Frank Z
Frank Z Posts: 5,860
edited September 2007 in The Clubhouse
And the Broncos win again!

Did ya see the Bears punt return for a TD against the KC Chumps!?! Sweet run!

Bengals and Browns racked up a combined 96 points! No one told the defensive units that there was a game today?

Sing me your NFL lullaby....
9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
Post edited by Frank Z on

Comments

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited September 2007
    I had the Broncos in my suicide pool, they made me a little nervous this week.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Frank Z
    edited September 2007
    it always blows my mind when the broncos, or any team for that matter is playing so well...and then come so close to losing because of a turnover or a couple of bad plays. I just about had a coronary when the raiders missed the second FG attempt. Whether you liked the last second time out call by the Broncos or not...it worked!
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited September 2007
    I heard on the radio before the Steelers/Bills game that Buffalo had a sense of purpose. Rally for their fallen comrade Kevin Everret, they were going to play with a sense of purpose. Kevin is doing good from all the accounts I've read. He has a long way to go but he's doing pretty good. You can't say the same for the Bills. They got their hides handed to them. I think they had one first down in the first half. It's still hard to tell if the 2007 Steelers are back in form. Their opponenets have been pretty weak.
    Carl

• MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited September 2007
    KC ROCKS! Yah baby. Bring it on...
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited September 2007
    I need to check my picks, but I think I blew it pretty badly.

That Cleveland score sure suprised me. I didn't see that coming.

Effing Seahawks. What a stupid way to lose a game. My hate for Shaun Alexander is growing more and more everyday.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2007
    How bout' them Cowboys?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • 66chevyIISS
    66chevyIISS Posts: 857
    edited September 2007
    yeah, although hasselbeck was 50% to blame on that play. They both just stood there like complete idiots.
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • Frank Z
    edited September 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    How bout' them Cowboys?
    YAAAAAAWWWWNNNNNNNNNNN!
    Yeah, how 'bout 'em?

:D
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited September 2007
    I got to busy with finishing up projects in my ht and I missed the 1:00PM Pacific Seahawk game.. ARRRRGGGGG!!!

If I had watched, they would not have lost, no doubt about it, its all my fault... DAMN IT!!

But at least I got a bunch of stuff in my HT built so in 2 weeks Ill be watching the game on a 133” screen
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2007
    Pats owned the Chargers.

Same thing I said last year, you give Brady someone who can catch the ball and there won't be much to stop them.

I don't want to hear any BS about Belichick and the Pats cheating, either. You still have to go out and execute.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited September 2007
    Pats are cheaters... should have had to forfeit their opener to the Jets. I don't care who you are, the Pats are cheaters, and lost the respect of the league... (As if they even had it... hahaha)
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,574
    edited September 2007
    There is one word to describe the Pat v. Charger game -

Domination.

What an offensive execution by Brady... not to mention the Defense's ability to stop the run and intercept passes.

What a game.

Of course the Panthers lose to the Texans - woe is me. Bleh

I hope the Falcons go completely defeated this year.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited September 2007
    There is one word to describe the Pat v. Charger game -

Domination.

What an offensive execution by Brady... not to mention the Defense's ability to stop the run and intercept passes.

What a game.

Couldn't agree more and that's not just cause I'm a patriots fan.

Video tape or not, they still had to execute the offensive plays and make the tackles on defense.

The stoppage of the chargers after the kickoff fumble recovery sacking them twice in a row for a loss of 20 just shows the pats power.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited September 2007
    Lions, Packers, 49ers, and Texans all at 2-0?!? Did I not get the TPS report or something?
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2007
    MrNightly wrote: »
    Pats are cheaters... should have had to forfeit their opener to the Jets. I don't care who you are, the Pats are cheaters, and lost the respect of the league... (As if they even had it... hahaha)

Why?

Now, I'm not condoning it because I don't condone cheating, however, a couple of points:
    1. NE could have given over thier entire playbook to the Jets and they still would have gotten thier **** kicked.
    2. Even if there was a forfeit, the Pats are STILL a lock to win the division..so what's the point?
    3. I respect that Belichick took the penalty, didn't whine, didn't make excuses
    4. Again, not condoning but if you think that Belichick is the ONLY coach to try and skirt the rules, I think you are niave.

The Pats paid thier dues...press on.

I'll go on record now that, assuming they stay healthy, the Pats could be a dominating force on the scale of the 1985 Chicago Bears.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited September 2007
    They ALL cover their mouths while calling plays. And they all don't plays the Pats every week. Not condoning it either, but "signal stealing" goes on everywhere.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • bobman1235
    edited September 2007
    Domination si the perfect word for that Pats game. It sucks that it's tainted with all of this videotaping stuff, because their team is amazing this year, in all three "phases" of the game (offense, defense, special teams).
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited September 2007
    As long as there is big money to be made in sports, there will be cheating, period!!!. The scale to which the cheating occurs is another story, altogether.

"HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!"
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited September 2007
    Cowboys are now the most valuable franchise in the NFL!

I didn't get to see the game 'cause stupid Fox wouldn't air it in my area! From what I saw on highlights, the only highlight was T.O. acting like a jackass and getting a 15 yard penalty for his end-zone display. Otherwise, it was fairly uneventful and I still want to know where the hell this outstanding Cowboys defense is. I mean, the Dolphins really aren't much to talk about this year. They aren't bad but they will likely be a wildcard slot at best this year yet it seems that Dallas, still had trouble with them. Not what I would expect from the number 5 ranked team in the league.

The 'boys play Da Bears next week and I think that if they don't step up the D, they are gonna get handed a beat-down. Romo and T.O. are being called the dynamic duo but relying on the offense to just flat out outscore the opposing offense is not going to get them very far. Especially if you go up against a team that can shut down a passing game like The Patriots which they will play on the 14th of October.

Waitin' for Monday Night Football tonight to see if the Eagles can actually play to their potential and rout the Redskins tonight. However, they had a hell of a time stopping the Packer's run game and that's about all the Redskins got this year is their running game. If the boids can't stop the 'Skins running game, it's gonna be an ugly game. Could go either way. If the Eagles do stop the run game and don't make stupid mistakes that turn in to turnovers and penalties, then yeah, Eagles are gonna win it. I'd give the Eagles the home field advantage but routinely, there are more 'Skins fans in the stands at this game than Eagles fans. We'll see, we'll see.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Jstas
    edited September 2007
    TroyD wrote: »
    Pats owned the Chargers.

Same thing I said last year, you give Brady someone who can catch the ball and there won't be much to stop them.

I don't want to hear any BS about Belichick and the Pats cheating, either. You still have to go out and execute.

BDT

I agree 100%. Brady is going to have a career year. Moss was just flat-out incredible yesterday. He ran right through screens, caught balls into double coverage and hits his routes every time. The guy is one of the greatest to ever play the game and with a QB like Brady firing his cannon at him, the Pats are going to be unstoppable this year. I see them strolling to the Super Bowl.

As far as cheating goes, maybe, maybe not, couldn't care less. I don't really think they are though. There was a news story over the weekend that the Eagles are now saying that they lost the 05 Super Bowl because the Patriots cheated. Sorry dude but last I checked, the Eagles laid another rotten egg in that game and lost because of their own stupid mistakes and not the Patriots lack of scruples. They got out-played and out-classed and the Pats are still doing it now. They just have one hell of a football team that plays like a team. they don't have one or two stars they rely on and they actually move the ball to scoring position and then...get this...they actually SCORE! The Eagles should be watching the Pats not the other way around. Then maybe the Eagles will actually WIN the Super Bowl instead of forgetting to show up.

• avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited September 2007
    OKay back on topic...because I am sick of the whole Patriot issue.

1) If Cutler continues his pace to have 4th quarter comebacks like this he will easily pass Elways record of 47.
    2) I am in the minority here, but I really felt the Broncos should have drafted Mason Crosby this year. Elam is definitely shaky!
    3) I am the most impressed with the Browns. (Despite the **** kicking NE gave SD) They had everything going against them after canning and trading Frye, YET they rally behind a brand new QB, and they damn near man handle one of the better teams in the league (or so I thought they were good). This team a week ago was crushed by Pittsburg, and looked inept offensively......now 51 points!! Absolutely stunning!
    4) MY PICKS SUCKED!! 3 total correct! Should have let my 11 year old pick them.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • bobman1235
    edited September 2007
    2) I am in the minority here, but I really felt the Broncos should have drafted Mason Crosby this year. Elam is definitely shaky!

Drafting a kicker is the biggest waste of a draft pick you can make. You're better of giving away the pick.

Most of the greatest kickers were undrafted, and some didn't even play football before coming into the NFL.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited September 2007
    This is from a Jets fan, so take it as you will.

The whole Pats thing went down as it should. teams will always try to pull some shenanigans for a competitive edge. Its the league's job to combat it and keep as level a playing field as possible.

just look at Nascar, its the same thing.

The only really retarded thing is why the Pats did it in the First place, they obviously dont need it
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited September 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Drafting a kicker is the biggest waste of a draft pick you can make. You're better of giving away the pick.

Most of the greatest kickers were undrafted, and some didn't even play football before coming into the NFL.

Well it was well known that Crosby was going to be drafted on Sunday, maybe even a 3rd round pick on Saturday. Mason by far was one of the best kickers to come out of college in years. The guy has hit 60+ yard field goals in college games. Has been known to kick 70+ yarders in practice.

These guys come around once every few years. Why do you think kickers like Morten Anderson continue to get jobs at their late age, because the talent coming out today are shaky at best. And field goals can make a break a teams season AND a coaches job.

So for me to waste a pick on a kicker that will play for your team for well over 15 years is not a waste of a pick IMHO, especially if his accuracy beyond the 50 yard line is over 50%.

And Adam V. while he was undrafted lets look at what college he came out of. SDSU is not a big name and he was well over looked there. If he was in a bigger name program he would have been drafted.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited September 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    This is from a Jets fan, so take it as you will.

The whole Pats thing went down as it should. teams will always try to pull some shenanigans for a competitive edge. Its the league's job to combat it and keep as level a playing field as possible.

just look at Nascar, its the same thing.

The only really retarded thing is why the Pats did it in the First place, they obviously dont need it

ya, my comment to my buddies was something like.

"It was stupid of the guy to stand on their sidelines with a camera, if he was smart; he would go sit up mid way in the stands with a big telephoto lens and take all the pictures he wanted like everyone else!!!"

:):):)
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited September 2007
    Jstas wrote: »
    I agree 100%. Brady is going to have a career year. Moss was just flat-out incredible yesterday. He ran right through screens, caught balls into double coverage and hits his routes every time. The guy is one of the greatest to ever play the game and with a QB like Brady firing his cannon at him, the Pats are going to be unstoppable this year. I see them strolling to the Super Bowl.

As far as cheating goes, maybe, maybe not, couldn't care less. I don't really think they are though. There was a news story over the weekend that the Eagles are now saying that they lost the 05 Super Bowl because the Patriots cheated. Sorry dude but last I checked, the Eagles laid another rotten egg in that game and lost because of their own stupid mistakes and not the Patriots lack of scruples. They got out-played and out-classed and the Pats are still doing it now. They just have one hell of a football team that plays like a team. they don't have one or two stars they rely on and they actually move the ball to scoring position and then...get this...they actually SCORE! The Eagles should be watching the Pats not the other way around. Then maybe the Eagles will actually WIN the Super Bowl instead of forgetting to show up.

On behalf of the Vikings, "You're welcome"

Moss is one of those players who does well on good teams..where his cancer doesn't come out.
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • Jstas
    edited September 2007
    krabby5 wrote: »
    On behalf of the Vikings, "You're welcome"

Moss is one of those players who does well on good teams..where his cancer doesn't come out.

I know what you are saying but I ain't really a Pats fan. I love watching good football and that's what the Pats play. Being a Dallas fan though, I know what a double edged sword like Moss can be like. After all, the 'boys did end up with T.O.

• 66chevyIISS
    66chevyIISS Posts: 857
    edited September 2007
    The Jets Head Coach was a Coordinator last year for the Pats wasn't he? I'm sure he knew that this was going on. I don't think it was coinicidental he got caught by his ex assistant.
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited September 2007
    I'm sure they all do it to some extent, but the Pats got caught, and its total bush league.
  • POLKOROLLA
    POLKOROLLA Posts: 74
    edited September 2007
    not a big packers fan, but gotta say it, GO FARVE!!!