Wax - 3 Step Process

2»

Comments

• POLKOROLLA
    POLKOROLLA Posts: 74
    edited September 2007
    can't we all just get along and agree to disagree, as far as that goes, i am the only one that makes my car payment, therefore i use whatever i want on it. for me that is a real nice heavy grit sandpaper. to get that real deep down, bare metal, clean that you just cant get with paint
  • 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited September 2007
    That reminds me...One of my friends had a neighbor who tried cleaning his car with either one of those dishwashing sponges with a rough side, or some rough cleaning pad. Needless to say his paint on his brand new car was not looking very nice afterwards.....
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited September 2007
    i have worked for him in the service department since i was 10 years old...i know about as much as u can working at major car dealerships as a lot man for about 9 years

Oh, you're a lot boy. That explains alot. Lets see, you've been working for you dad since you were 10 and you've been doing it 9 years so that must make you 19, huh? Yep, you know it all.

As for this: "30 years in the car business including being in the guniess book of world records". For what and prove it. Oh and if you are going to use it as a reference and point of argument, you should at least spell Guinness correctly.

Lastly, I will not PM you about issues I have with your statements when your statements have the potential to misguide someone with less experience and knowledge than you. If you think I am wrong, prove it. So far all you have done is tell me I am stupid, I have dumb opinions and then offer your own opinions as rebuttal. Maybe you should stop riding your dad's jock and get some knowledge of your own in your own brain instead of throwing your dad's accomplishments at us as proof of your validity and reasons for us to take you seriously. If you want to prove me wrong, the Internet is at your finger tips and you can find all of the info you need there. Well, I think it will be difficult because I'm not actually wrong.

For edification purposes, since you seem to know more than everyone else and we're all slobbering fools apparently, here is some info for each of the 3-step process products from both Mother's and Meguiar's. I've used both on several cars and trucks for years and I have had no problems. Not even with a power buffer. I take care of my vehicles so I have yet to need a power polisher to do any kind of compounding work to the paint.

Mother's
    http://www.mothers.com/products/

Meguiar's
    http://www.meguiars.com/estore/

Whether you think the products from these companies suck or not is really not an issue because you have yet to state why they suck. You have only gone on a childish rant because your expertise was questioned (and still is) and now your dad's is being questioned too. You can't make the statements you have made laced with glaring inaccuracies, especially on the difference between a polisher and a buffer, and expect not to be called on it.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited September 2007
    im 19 and your what? 30 something, but your still the one acting childish and correcting my spelling on the internet, u know what, > WHITE FLAG < you win.
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited September 2007
    Woohoo! And there's another exciting round of Internet Arguing. Thanks ladies and gentlemen for participating! Be sure to stick around for the next episode...
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited September 2007
    Yeah, sure, I'm acting childish. I called you on your BS. You told me I was a big dummy head and then told me how great you and your dad are. Now I asked you to prove it. This should be easy if everything is as great as you say it is, shouldn't it? But no, instead of stepping up and backing up your posturing, you'll call me childish and give up.

Whatever dude. Come in here with a chip on your shoulder, I don't care, there will be others to bust you down. Come in here with a hidden agenda to up a post count to spam the board, I don't care, there will be others to bust you down at that too. But don't come in here running off at the mouth trying to play yourself up to be some kind of expert about things that could potentially harm other members or their property because I'll be the first one to call shenanigans.

Sorry for ruining your thread here Trey. The truck looks awesome! You did a great job with it!

BTW, here are some shots of my truck and Jamie's truck (a guy in my local Lightning Owners Club chapter) Both trucks (his red with Weld Rodlites, mine the black one with black rally wheels behind it) have been cleaned multiple times with the Mother's 3-step process. Mine is all black and you won't see any swirl marks in my black paint. I'm the only owner and I've used a power buffer since it was new. I'd post better shots of mine but I don't have any online right now. Sorry.

IMG_2380.JPG

IMG_2381.JPG

Lightnings011.jpg
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited September 2007
    just had to see if u are still going, yep.
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • killerb
    killerb Posts: 390
    edited September 2007
    here is a pic of the gn. i took this the day i bought it. all original with 13,000 miles.
    kenwood excelon kdc-x991 h.u.
    Rockford Fosgate 360.3 DSP
    Rockford Fosgate POWER1000 running entire system
    Image Dynamics IDQ12 Sub
    Morel Elate 6 front stage
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited September 2007
    How many miles are on it now? Stock? 1/4-mile times? 'Cause if memory serves, I don't think it's still stock.

And I'm hoping you didn't get rid of it.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • killerb
    killerb Posts: 390
    edited September 2007
    i had 2 grandnationals, one stock and one 500 h.p. version. this one was the stock one. i also had a dark blue metallic turbo limited regal. sorry to say i sold them all.
    kenwood excelon kdc-x991 h.u.
    Rockford Fosgate 360.3 DSP
    Rockford Fosgate POWER1000 running entire system
    Image Dynamics IDQ12 Sub
    Morel Elate 6 front stage
  • 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited September 2007
    .............. :(
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited September 2007
    Wax.jpg
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • POLKOROLLA
    POLKOROLLA Posts: 74
    edited September 2007
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited September 2007
    Well one can't argue about the Buick Grand National with the Turbo V6....

Funny I'm impressed about the power of that engine, but.... I'm just not a fan of that 3.8L / 231 GM V6 ever, never was.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,528
    edited September 2007
    This has been an interesting thread -

Lots of useful info though.

Thanks for all the comments.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.